Why am I not able to view my webcam after 4.4.4 upgrade?

stoneyparkajs

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Not able to view webcam after 4.4.4 upgrade

Hi,

My Nexus 10 recently upgraded itself to 4.4.4 since when I have not been able to view webcams over the 'net. Annoyingly my other half has a Nexus 7 with all the same version numbers (Android, Chrome etc.) which works perfectly. I've tried a factory reset hoping this would clear any problems to no avail (actually I was hoping it would get rid of any updates but no such luck). Everything worked up to and including 4.4.3 but not now on 4.4.4

An example is I get a grey box with a play sign in it, but no response to 'pressing play'. On the '7 pressing play gets video straight away.

I've seen a few complaints on various forums about iPlayer and webcams not working after upgrade : has anyone got any solution? Not really up to re-rooting the device so might have to wait for the next upgrade. I have some important software to upload but don't want to do this if there's something fundamentally wrong, like the upgrade has somehow got corrupted.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

snrcarter

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem as stoneyparkajs . I found my old Nexus and updated with the 4.2.2 version of Android compatible with my mobile phone and does not work my webcam :( . I searched through all the sites but I can not find a solution. Can somebody help me?

nexus-webcam.png
firmware-webcam-por.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22