Can anyone help me copy video files from my PC to my Nexus 10?

ptprism

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Can't copy video files from my PC to my Nexus 10.

I am going crazy with my Nexus 10 and its inability to perform a simple file transfer from my PC.
Before you start lecturing me…I have read page after page of answers to “similar” questions. But none of the answers work because they pertain to PLAYBACK. I have no problem with playback (using VLC which works beautifully). I just cannot get the files to TRANSFER (copy) from my PC to the Nexus. It doesn’t matter what the format is. I have even converted the movies or shows to .mp4 in advance and it tells me my device “does not support .mp4 files." How stupid is that???
I have checked the USB connection that says
CONNECT AS
Media device (MTP)
Lets you transfer media files on Windows.
Your device might not be able play or view this file.
__ No, skip this file
__Yes
Your file will be copied, but you might not be able to play or view it on your device.
---------------------------------------------------------
I choose “Yes” and IMMEDIATELY get a box titled “Copy File” that says…
--------------------------------------------------------------
X Cannot copy whatever the title is.
The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected. Although this device supports video files, it does not support .mp4 files. If possible, use a media program that can convert the file before copying it.
__ Stop copying
__Skip this file
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those are my only choices. No matter which one I choose it simply ends the process. There are NO OTHER CHOICES.
How can I get my Nexus to perform the “drag ‘n drop” that all the instructions say it can do? I can do a download of these files from the internet to the Nexus, but I have already downloaded the files to my PC. I simply want to watch these existing files on my Nexus 10.
How can I transfer files from my PC to my Nexus 10?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't copy video files from my PC to my Nexus 10.

Welcome to Android Central! This kind of thing seems to happen more often with file transfers over USB. Maybe try transferring over wi-fi, using an app like AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
By chance is your N10 not stock. Have loaded and custom rom, rooted and such. Or is it completely stock.

Could the video files have DRM on them.

Totally in agreement with previous poster about using wifi. It may not be as fast though but will get the job done.

Posted via Android Central App