System Update downloaded

drewber

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I'm new to Android, have never flashed or rooted or anything. Bought my Gnex 10 already rooted and custom ROM. So I've had the System Update Downloaded message for a LONG time, Says Android 4.3 System Update as to what is to be installed.

However, if I go into my About Tablet, the Android Version says 4.3. So I'm confused as to whether i already have 4.3 installed. I don't want to install the version I already have.

Secondly, I would like to upgrade to the most recent version for my tablet, but don't want to brick it either. I'm lost on all the terminology, so would like some step by step guidance on the simplest way (in simple terminology) to accomplish the task.

Thanks for any/all help!

drewber

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Third time trying to post this reply, keeps saying i'm trying to post a link because the information has an (at sign) in it but it is not a link.

Anyway, the settings>about tablet information is below because I"m not sure how to screenshot

Model number
Nexus 10

Android version

Kernel version
3.4.39-g7d6757d
morfic (at sign) othris #666
Sun Jul 28 00:48:48 2013

Build number
JWR66V

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delay. I am not the greatest at reflashing nexus ROMs. However, YouTube had a lot of videos. You will need to find probably 2. One to set up ADB, and one of how to flash the stock images. The upside to Nexus devices...they are almost impossible to mess up.

Sent from an AOSP M8

drewber

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks....but what do I need to do to keep my tablet unlocked and rooted? I know there is/was a custom ROM installed, dont know what it is, but am concerned that my updates are so far behind that newer apps and/or upgrades to current apps will not work eventually.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks....but what do I need to do to keep my tablet unlocked and rooted? I know there is/was a custom ROM installed, dont know what it is, but am concerned that my updates are so far behind that newer apps and/or upgrades to current apps will not work eventually.
If you want to stay rooted, you can flash almost any custom ROM for your device in recovery. Once you do, you will be instantly up to date.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member