Sound problems

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Called Google today and they told me they are aware of the sound problems and working on a fix. Hope that he was not just shooting me a line.

Helena2015

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've just updated to Lollipop 5.0 and now there is no sound coming out of the speakers. I have also tried it with headphones and it still does not work. If anyone else has/had this problem, do you know how to fix it?
Does anyone know if it is a bug with the update?

I have the same issue, no matter what I do I have no sound.

I also have these lines running through some games but not all games it looks like distortion.

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issues as the OP, however I'm already on 5.0.1, but rebooting seems to solve the problem.
Never had this issue before...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issues as the OP, however I'm already on 5.0.1, but rebooting seems to solve the problem.
Never had this issue before...

I never had sound issues before 5.X, either. 5.0.1 seems to have fixed most of the issues (and 5.0 required a reboot), although I still will have some games that occasionally are playing music after I put the tablet to sleep! In such cases, I have to wake it back up, go to the home screen, then sleep. Freaky.

ChrisS#AC

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Mines still doing it every now and again.... no rhyme or reason... 5.0.2 is about to come out OTA, hopefully that will fix the problem all together.

LarryScottB

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting your Nexus with all external devices detached and all connections off. This means NO power supply, NO HDMI cable, NO bluetooth, NO wifi, NO headphones or speakers, etc. To accomplish this, unplug all external hardware, turn off bluetooth and wifi via the Settings menus, and then hold the power button down until the tablet reboots. You may have to perform this ritual a few times until the sound returns.

This was the only solution that worked for my Nexus 10 (running Lollipop v5.1.1), and I tried virtually everything else suggested throughout the web.

Beth Marze

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
This is what happens to me.
If I turn on my N10 while it's charging there will be no sound in apps. Notifications will be fine.
If I unplug it and wait for a few seconds before turning it on, the sound will be fine.

Can you test these scenarios with your Nexus 10?

Dakota Daughter

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I've just updated to Lollipop 5.0 and now there is no sound coming out of the speakers. I have also tried it with headphones but it only works with headphones in it. If anyone else has/had this problem, do you know how to fix it?
Does anyone know if it is a bug with the update?
PS. I already reset it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude