3+ Weeks AFter Upgrade to Lollipop PLUS the Just Released Upgrade - STILL PROBLEMS

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Google can't get their act together. My Nexus 10 still is slow, sound still doesn't work all the time, Flipboard app and other apps have fonts which wont even allow me to read anything, constantly locks up and freezes

I sent five bug reports to them a few weeks back. Then last week I got the latest update which was to solve these issues - no such luck. The problems still remain as described above. I am giving it another few weeks then I intend to sell it

If anyone wants to buy it, let me know - includes leather case and charger

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Google can't get their act together. My Nexus 10 still is slow, sound still doesn't work all the time, [...] I am giving it another few weeks then I intend to sell it

Before giving up, you should consider flashing the 5.0.1 factory image on it. It is the most drastic step of all, but that puts it into an absolute pristine state that cannot be achieved with just "factory resets"....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The last time someone wrote 1,000 lines of software without a bug, thn fixed that bug without introducing another one, software was being written on stone tablets with chisels.

There are always go9ing to be bugs. Eventually they'll get all the major ones, and we'll still have 2% more battery drain than we should, or 0.1mbps slower downloads or some other minor stuff. But Windows XP still has bugs in it, and they were fixing bugs in that for over 12 years. I don't think I'll live long enough to see any non-trivial, totally-bug-free software. (10 lines of code? Sure. 10 million lines of code? Not until computers design and write it all.)

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the sound problem, but after I did the factory reset it is running fast again, still with sound problem but fast.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well my N10 hasn't slowed down at all. Ofcourse I flashed the 5.0 factory image instead of waiting for the OTA.

Slowness is kind of a subjective matter though. What you feel is slow may not be the case for others. This could go be that the tablet is simply showing it's age more then you like. I know my N10 takes much longer to boot then it use to. But once booted it seems very responsive.

Lock ups again are a bit dependent on your use environment. If you have apps that are not updated then you will be more likely to have issues. That isn't google's fault either, but the developers of the apps.

The sound issue is either related to using a Bluetooth audio device or powering on the tab while charging. Simplest way to avoid this issue is simply to reboot the tab when disconnecting from the charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The sound issue has nothing to do with either Bluetooth or charging the tablet. I did three factory resets, cleared my cache, turned bluetooth on and off...nothing works. I sent several bug reports, installed the patch and rebooted.. nothing works

I own a HTC ONE M8 and I'm scared that my phone will become the same useless brick my tablet has become

Time to sell it and get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz