Why is my Nexus 10 volume button have reversed functions?

Tatooine_Star

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 10 Volume Button Reversed Functions

My Nexus 10 has updated to android 5.0.1, and now the volume buttons on the edge of the device have reversed, so the volume up button now turns the volume down and vice versa. Can anyone help?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 10 Volume Button Reversed Functions

My Nexus 10 has updated to android 5.0.1, and now the volume buttons on the edge of the device have reversed, so the volume up button now turns the volume down and vice versa. Can anyone help?
That's weird.

Go into recovery and clear the cache. Let us know if that helps fix this issue.

Tatooine_Star

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Have completed two separate full factory resents, and the button issue is still there.

Posted via the Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Have completed two separate full factory resents, and the button issue is still there.

I don't know how that is possible. The update certainly didn't do that to mine. In landscape, left is down and right is up.

Tatooine_Star

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

Mine is the same in landscape mode, but that would mean that in portrait mode the power and volume buttons would be in the bottom left hand corner, is that intended?

Posted via the Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Mine is the same in landscape mode, but that would mean that in portrait mode the power and volume buttons would be in the bottom left hand corner, is that intended?

Yes. That is not only normal, but the way it has always been (it hasn't changed). I agree it can be annoying on portrait and I am not sure why Android doesn't flip the buttons in portrait on the N10.

Case in point- on my N5 *phone* the situation is reversed- the buttons are "correct" in portrait mode and incorrect in landscape.

The difference is the tablet is used more landscape and the phone is more portrait- so they "hard functioned" the buttons for the most used case.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR