Should the Android 5.0.1 upgrade stop my Nexus 10 from working with boosted Wifi off WA850RE repeater?

Dafydd Roberts

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Android 5.0.1 upgrade stops my Nexus 10 from working with boosted Wifi off WA850RE repeater

Nexus 10 android 5.0.1 upgrade introduced tp-link tl-wa850re repeater problems

My Nexus 10 on Android 5.0.1 doesn't see the tl-wa850re boosted signal.
Nexus 10 on Android 4 worked fine with this device.

My other devices (Nexus 7 on Android 4.4.4, and Samsung Galaxy 2S, Android 4.1.2)
all work fine off the repeater signal

The Nexus 10 works fine near my main router (WR-TL740N), giving an Internet download speed of 7meg.
However, when I go to the far end of the house (supported by the repeater), the Nexus 10 reports a,
"network connection issue" when trying to connect to the Internet, even though the "Wifi Analyser" app
on the Nexus 10 reports a good signal off the repeater

Any suggestions please? Or do I have to revert to Android 4?

Thanks,
Dafydd

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0.1 upgrade stops my Nexus 10 from working with boosted Wifi off WA850RE repeater

Nexus 10 android 5.0.1 upgrade introduced tp-link tl-wa850re repeater problems

My Nexus 10 on Android 5.0.1 doesn't see the tl-wa850re boosted signal.
Nexus 10 on Android 4 worked fine with this device.

My other devices (Nexus 7 on Android 4.4.4, and Samsung Galaxy 2S, Android 4.1.2)
all work fine off the repeater signal

The Nexus 10 works fine near my main router (WR-TL740N), giving an Internet download speed of 7meg.
However, when I go to the far end of the house (supported by the repeater), the Nexus 10 reports a,
"network connection issue" when trying to connect to the Internet, even though the "Wifi Analyser" app
on the Nexus 10 reports a good signal off the repeater

Any suggestions please? Or do I have to revert to Android 4?

Thanks,
Dafydd

Factory reset the tablet then reboot the router/repeater and see if that helps. Otherwise, it's a compatibility issue, and reverting maybe your best bet.