Terrible HDMI out quality

Amelia Hartman

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Every time I would search this question, I'd find a lot of people who had no HDMI out at all or just had no audio. But I couldn't find anything about this particular problem.

I hooked my Nexus 10 up to my monitor using a MicroHDMI->HDMI adapter and it shows both video and audio on the screen. However, the video quality is incredibly poor, like it's 240p or something, and the audio is really staticy and it's obnoxious to listen to.

The thing is, I plugged this into a different TV and it worked just fine, but I know this TV works because I can connect other HDMI devices to it and they work just fine. So this particular TV and my particular Nexus tablet seem to not be working and I have no clue why.

I tried playing with the settings on the TV and nothing worked, and I couldn't find any HDMI out settings on the Nexus 10 to fiddle around with so if it's that I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Every time I would search this question, I'd find a lot of people who had no HDMI out at all or just had no audio. But I couldn't find anything about this particular problem.

I hooked my Nexus 10 up to my monitor using a MicroHDMI->HDMI adapter and it shows both video and audio on the screen. However, the video quality is incredibly poor, like it's 240p or something, and the audio is really staticy and it's obnoxious to listen to.

The thing is, I plugged this into a different TV and it worked just fine, but I know this TV works because I can connect other HDMI devices to it and they work just fine. So this particular TV and my particular Nexus tablet seem to not be working and I have no clue why.

I tried playing with the settings on the TV and nothing worked, and I couldn't find any HDMI out settings on the Nexus 10 to fiddle around with so if it's that I don't know what to do.

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you thought about just buying a Chromecast and doing screen mirror?

Amelia Hartman

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Have you thought about just buying a Chromecast and doing screen mirror?

I've thought about it but I don't have any money to buy something else right now so I was hoping there was a solution.
I also sort of wanted to play some games on my TV with it without lag.

Last edited: