Nexus 10 charging problem - battery or charger?

A

AC Question

My Nexus 10 is a couple of years old, but going strong (despite heavy use). However, I've been having problems charging it up - for example, after being on the charger all night last night it had gone from 4% charge to 11%. The charger has to be held at a very specific angle too, or it doesn't charge at all.

It's been like this for a couple of weeks now. A couple of times it has charged at normal speed and been at full power in the morning. When it does that, the battery seems to last reasonably well - obviously as it's a couple of years old, it doesn't hold charge as well as it used to, but it'll last the day if I'm just checking emails, browsing a bit etc.

My question is, does this sound like it's a problem with the charger? I suspect that it is, because the battery seems ok once it charges. But just wanted to check before I buy a new charger!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A faulty or damaged charger, USB lead or USB port seem fairly likely.

Posted via the Android Central App

nicrom72

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the small tab in the charge port is not bent down. This happen to mine and I was having the problem you describe.

Posted via the Android Central App

skyking_comms

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having charging problems, but only since updating to Android 5.1.1. I noticed it took 24 hours to charge to 63% - I've changed chargers and charging leads and no difference. So wondering if there's an issue with the Nexus 10 and Android 5.1.1?
I did a factory reset, but it also didn't make any difference.

The only other thing I thought about was reverting back to Android 4.4 - although would need to get a zip from somewhere?
May tell me if there's a problem with Android 5 or the tablet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy