Screen Flickers and Shut-Downs

mlrogers

May 25, 2013
Visit site
When I turn on my Nexus 10, the optimizing apps screen comes up. It sometimes gets through half of the apps when it starts a spectacular bit of flickering and then shuts down. I tried doing a factory reset, but the tablet just shuts down every time. When I plug it in, I get no battery recharging icon either. What's going on?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

its a good possibility that your battery has reached the end of its life. Yes, sometimes they do, even if they're not that old. If you haven't dropped it, or exposed to liquids, then it either the battery, or other hardware related issue. If you're battery is not replaceable, then I would suggest bringing your device to a repair facility.

NOTE: One other option would be to flash your OEM software on it, (fresh copy)....as yours could be corrupted.

Chris

Ed Bak

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely agree about it being the battery. I got my n10 the first week it was released. about a year ago I knew the battery was going since it would only give me a couple hours of use. It would flicker and power off, then when re-started it would give me a count of "starting app ###". Some times it would not be able to get through this startup process, just flicker and reboot. Even when plugged in.
I bought a couple different tablets and forgot about the n10 for at least a year. A month ago I decided it was still my favorite out of all that I had tried. Spent $80 for a new battery. Was simple to replace. No more problems with "starting app", flickering or rebooting. Hasn't been turned off a day since the battery replacement.
The battery going bad gave a lot of os or hardware symptoms , stuff you would not suspect the battery of causing. several are exactly what you described.
Ed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power