LG Nexus

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If it has Ho hum battery life I will be disappointed, despite the quad core s4. Please let it have DROID maxx like battery stamina

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice but if we have multiple nexus I'm going with the best speced one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jonexus

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm going for the model HTC is making. Blogs are calling it the Nexus 5. Its suppose to be the first phone with 1080p display which is wayyyyy better than iPhone's retina display. And at 5 inches, it would be a serious competitor against the phablet market. It'll maybe be priced the same amount as the galaxy note 2 ($299). I think its gonna be just a Verizon phone though.........IDK....did I mention the 12 megapixel camera..,,,,:) :) :)
:) :) :) :screwy::D:banghead::cool:;):p:rolleyes::mad::sly::eek::confused::thumbup::thumbdown::eek::what::(:D:p:rolleyes::mad::):beer:;):cool::banghead::screwy:
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349055049139.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349055049139.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 292

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd like that HTC One X5, as long as it has a removable battery and the battery is bigger than 2500Mah because for a screen with that type of resolution, its going to need a great battery.

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't know anything for sure, but I'm hearing the same things everyone else is on the grapevine -- that Googlers are apparently testing an LG device believed to be a next-gen Nexus.

I'm not 100% convinced yet, which is why it's here and not on the front page... but the LG rumors are more credible than this HTC Nexus 5 nonsense :)

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I really hope the next Nexus is made by HTC not LG. LG's designs are pretty stale in my opinion. Just a basic brick... HTC on the other hand, seems to always have some original and unique designs. Case and point: Nexus One, Sensation, One X, 8X, 8S

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't know anything for sure, but I'm hearing the same things everyone else is on the grapevine -- that Googlers are apparently testing an LG device believed to be a next-gen Nexus.

I'm not 100% convinced yet, which is why it's here and not on the front page... but the LG rumors are more credible than this HTC Nexus 5 nonsense :)

Fair enough. I for one am excited to hear if the rumours are true. They're saying an announcement is possible Oct29-30th? This will be interesting.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It would be an interesting decision to use LG. It's probably the last company I would pick for buying a non-nexus device, but mostly because I am just skeptical about them and software upgrades. I do really like that they had Phil out there recently at their newest phone launch. Plus they really seemed to try to put something out there that's beyond anything else spec wise. How that translates into a nexus phone though, who knows?

That HTC ONE X 5 would be a pretty sweet nexus but I personally think that it's too big. I don't see them releasing anything smaller though than the current screen size of the Galaxy Nexus. I definitely want to see the overall size of the HTC 5"er compared to the current nexus. I was surprised when I saw the Galaxy S3 was pretty much the same size as the Galaxy Nexus and fits a bigger screen.

Hopefully Alex is giving us the scoop and he knows something good is coming from LG soon. Reading between the lines I am thinking the HTC rumors are false. How we are not getting a moto-nexus is beyond me, maybe it's still too soon.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
60% of the time, It works every time!

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
How we are not getting a moto-nexus is beyond me, maybe it's still too soon.

That's my thinking too. I read somewhere that Google doesn't want to be seen as playing favorites by using their own recently bough company to produce the next Nexus. I imagine that a Moto Nexus will be in the cards at some future date though. That would be exciting given Motorola's history of making quality phones.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough. I for one am excited to hear if the rumours are true. They're saying an announcement is possible Oct29-30th? This will be interesting.

Could be on to something since the navigation/action bar height on the Galaxy Nexus is 48dp. Perhaps they increased the screen size to account for soft keys (instead of subtracting from the 1280x720 resolution). But the 768 is an odd resolution none-the-less.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm wrong. Please ignore me. :-X

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree lg phone designs are pretty stale but they do out out some pretty solid software, i was rockin an opti s for 2 years before this phone and it was rock solid. The only reason i upgraded was because of all the awesome games on they play store that i didn't have the hardware to play.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree lg phone designs are pretty stale but they do out out some pretty solid software, i was rockin an opti s for 2 years before this phone and it was rock solid. The only reason i upgraded was because of all the awesome games on they play store that i didn't have the hardware to play.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

LG Software wouldn't matter if it were a Nexus phone though.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
here is a rumor that I really like. Hope that it becomes reality.

"The next Nexus flagship phone is also expected to ship unlocked rather than be tied to a mobile carrier network so, despite the short timescale, it could still feasibly go on sale through the Google Play store (in selected territories) before Christmas, if these rumours are correct."

here is the link for the entire article, although not much else is written that we haven't already speculated about.
Google Nexus phone with Android 4.2 rumoured to arrive in October - News - Trusted Reviews

Last edited:

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
An unlocked Nexus would be awesome. I just hope the end product doesn't feel somewhat cheap like my Gnex does. Also a much better camera would be greatly appreciated.

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
After reading this forum and the rumors posted just above. I think its a given that the next nexus is the Optimus G.
As Mooem said..The onscreen buttons on the galaxy nexus is 48dp. 1280 x 720+48=768. This should be a dead giveaway. And it already cleared FCC for sprint!!! Im excited!

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping for a HTC Nexus or another Samsung but with better specs then the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz