LG Nexus

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
After reading this forum and the rumors posted just above. I think its a given that the next nexus is the Optimus G.
As Mooem said..The onscreen buttons on the galaxy nexus is 48dp. 1280 x 720+48=768. This should be a dead giveaway. And it already cleared FCC for sprint!!! Im excited!

Isn't 768 in the horizontal axis? I think that screen resolution if it is an lg nexus is the only available one lg can source with their "in-cell" display tech, can't remember the exact name.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Isn't 768 in the horizontal axis? I think that screen resolution if it is an lg nexus is the only available one lg can source with their "in-cell" display tech, can't remember the exact name.

You think the vertical is 1280? This isn't the iPhone 7 ;-)

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You think the vertical is 1280? This isn't the iPhone 7 ;-)

I'm seeing 1280 pixels top to bottom and 768 left to right if I hold a phone in portrait mode... maybe we are talking the same thing...

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
After reading this forum and the rumors posted just above. I think its a given that the next nexus is the Optimus G.
As Mooem said..The onscreen buttons on the galaxy nexus is 48dp. 1280 x 720+48=768. This should be a dead giveaway. And it already cleared FCC for sprint!!! Im excited!

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

First of all the buttons on the Gnex are 96 pixels, not 48. And second of all they are on the other axis. So the Gnex has a working resolution of 720x1184. Now, if a phone has a higher pixel density than the Gnex and wants the same size software buttons, they would need more pixels. So we really have no idea how that would work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing 1280 pixels top to bottom and 768 left to right if I hold a phone in portrait mode... maybe we are talking the same thing...

I tried to make a joke and I totally fumbled it because I typed before I thought. Too much haze between my ears these days. :-/

darkvice

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Either LG or HTC will make the nexus both of them are OK to pick... no more amoled for me.. IPS or SLCD2 are way better than the amoled made by Samsung.. image and quality wise amoled is great but lifespan, is a really down

Last edited:

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
No one is talking about this, so I'm going to assume you haven't seen it?

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/0...to-allow-for-any-manufacturer-to-participate/

I saw that last night but I was waiting for Android Central to feature it as news on the front page. I'm hoping it's true, would be fantastic to have choices in Nexus devices and the ability to switch between "stock Android" and the manufacturer's skin through some sort of customization center. Really it would be the best of both worlds. You can rest assured you have stock android and are available for all the updates directly from Google, and you also have the ability to apply a skin like TW or Sense if you REALLY want to. Is this pie-in-the-sky?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately Sprint always gets the Nexus devices months after their release elsewhere, so this would be an argument against the Optimus G hardware being used for a Nexus phone.