First Hands on Report of LG Nexus!!

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If true, I kinda like what I am hearing. I love the GNex overall design, just not the execution of the hardware (build quality, radios, screen, camera). If LG can match the design (hope for onscreen buttons) along with better and more reliable hardware then I am already drooling over the thought of this thing. I haven't dared to touch another LG phone after I had their crappy Chocolate phone back in the day..but I *might* be persuaded to give it another shot ;-)
I do always take these types of reports with a grain of salt though.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The biggest surprise (if true) was that the design looked more like a Samsung phone than the square LG Optimus we've been seeing.

jman1323

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
google-nexus-logo_thumb.jpg
having 4 colors on the back of the phone would bum me out

that's not good design

The article seems to state that the "X" in the nexus logo would be 4 colors which sounds pretty cool to me.

"Also, it has Nexus written on the back like the Nexus 7 except there is a color element to it. The ‘X’ is in four colors."

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting.... Thats all I will say at this point...

Until we get more news, confirmation that all is true then I will get excited :)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The X on the back being four colors (presumably blue, red, yellow, green - the Nexus colors) sounds really tacky.

Also the article states: "We were also sent a picture taken with the device, but we are unable to share it due to the nature of the photo." lol wut? Was it a picture of a persons genitals? Why can't they share it?

The whole article sounds unconvincing to me.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The X on the back being four colors (presumably blue, red, yellow, green - the Nexus colors) sounds really tacky.

Also the article states: "We were also sent a picture taken with the device, but we are unable to share it due to the nature of the photo." lol wut? Was it a picture of a persons genitals? Why can't they share it?

The whole article sounds unconvincing to me.

The x would be tiny, so it's not like it would be easily noticeable.

Also, they probably couldn't take a picture of it because it had a serial number or some other identifying mark that would point out the leaker.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
There is not comment about Verizon on the back which leads me to believe no new Nexus on Verizon.....will have to wait and see, but my guess is the closest we will get to a Nexus device on VZW is a bloated Razr Maxx HD. What I want in a Nexus phone is that it has all of the antennae bandwidths like Apple. Let Verizon maintain the network, let me get any phone I want and use their SIM card and network. They are the best network so time to start acting like it. Stop locking me into contract over hardware.

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Ugh LG? Hope not. They are the last OEM I wanted to make the Nexus. 1) Sony 2) HTC 3) Samsung 4) Motorola (didnt think they would this year) 5) Asus 6) LG. I dont trust LG's qc, maybe this change that. I was really hoping the crazy HTC 5 rumor was true. We'll find out soon

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ugh LG? Hope not. They are the last OEM I wanted to make the Nexus. 1) Sony 2) HTC 3) Samsung 4) Motorola (didnt think they would this year) 5) Asus 6) LG. I dont trust LG's qc, maybe this change that. I was really hoping the crazy HTC 5 rumor was true. We'll find out soon

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Android Central Forums

Please tell me why you wouldn't want LG.

They produce nice screens. The CPU will likely be the Qualcomm S4 Pro (quad-core) with Adreno 320 GPU. No slouches there. My only hope is that they source a good camera, hopefully that Sony one in the Galaxy S III.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Please tell me why you wouldn't want LG.

They produce nice screens. The CPU will likely be the Qualcomm S4 Pro (quad-core) with Adreno 320 GPU. No slouches there. My only hope is that they source a good camera, hopefully that Sony one in the Galaxy S III.

I'd have no qualms going with LG, as long as the internal storage option gives me a choice of something greater than 16GB. I'm looking forward to this Optimus G as I think LG is trying very hard to gain market share in NA and is aware that build quality will be very important. This phone could change the image that many consumers have of LG if it's a success.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't dared to touch another LG phone after I had their crappy Chocolate phone back in the day..but I *might* be persuaded to give it another shot ;-)

LOL

I had the Chocolate too, what a piece of junk. That phone drove me to BlackBerry, and Blackberry drove me to Android, so in a sense...I guess I should say Thanks LG!

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The build quality of LG phones didn't feel like the Samsung, Motorolla, Sony, or HTC to me. (this was 6 months ago) Maybe the new ones are better.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL

I had the Chocolate too, what a piece of junk. That phone drove me to BlackBerry, and Blackberry drove me to Android, so in a sense...I guess I should say Thanks LG!

Almost the same lineage here, except I had an env as well lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
LOL

Haha, I did the exact same thing. Also switched to BB after that. I do have to say that from a design and marketing standpoint the Chocolate was a pretty novel concept, too bad the actual execution of it sucked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power