Phil's thoughts on the LG Nexus leaks ...

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
we'll wait til we have all the info and the announcement from Google. BUT, as it's looking now, I am leaning towards just buying the S3 and putting CM10 on it..

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
we'll wait til we have all the info and the announcement from Google. BUT, as it's looking now, I am leaning towards just buying the S3 and putting CM10 on it..

I tell ya, I've been very much happy with that. Never mind what I've said about not liking the home button.

Back to the LG Nexus, though. ... I just got another Optimus G to play with for a while. And I'm kinda more excited than ever about the prospect of an LG Nexus.

I am, however, still a little worried about the camera. We'll just have to see.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tell ya, I've been very much happy with that. Never mind what I've said about not liking the home button.

Back to the LG Nexus, though. ... I just got another Optimus G to play with for a while. And I'm kinda more excited than ever about the prospect of an LG Nexus.

I am, however, still a little worried about the camera. We'll just have to see.

Yea I think that may be the best option..

If the latest rumor of $399 but only 8GB and NO LTE is true, the S3 does look more enticing. Unless you are on Straight Talk or T-Mobile, LTE is pretty much a must these days. I am paying AT&T a boatload more than I would Straight Talk, so I think I should get a phone with LTE!

Dawgfan

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to leave iPhone (have 4 & holding off on 5) but no equivalent camera is a deal-breaker. Nexus 7 with I5 camera & I'm in.

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
If its on the play store for the UK it will get some attention. The problem here I'd that we in the UK don't get the Google direct version. So when I got my gnex I had to change the firmware to get the Google direct updates from Sammy to Google or I would have to wait like everyone else. That's a big deal to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bez54

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
To be honest the can on the gnex is fine. I don't understand why it gets so much hate. I use it all the time and the pics have always been good. :)

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
To be honest the can on the gnex is fine. I don't understand why it gets so much hate. I use it all the time and the pics have always been good. :)

Same here. All my friends have iphones, and they post the horrible pictures they take all over Facebook and instagram. If you know what you are doing, it's not hard to produce quality pics with the gnex.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It ain't all about the megapixels, folks. Twice as many megapixels in a crappy CCD, and crappy software, don't add up to a better camera.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It ain't all about the megapixels, folks. Twice as many megapixels in a crappy CCD, and crappy software, don't add up to a better camera.

Stock Android has never had great camera software. Never.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Wait, isn't this unicorn supposed to have a quad-core Snapdragon? Isn't that = the Krait? Didn't the Krait have an LTE radio on-chip, hence its choice for the One X? Or was that an option?

Okay, too many questions for one post. I'll get my coat.

The quad core S4 does NOT have an integrated radio like the dual core version does.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Stock Android has never had great camera software. Never.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I was wondering about this the other day.

From what I understand the Nexus phones don't take good pictures because the stock camera software has to be open like the rest of the phone, and all the best camera software is proprietary. If that's the case, would it be possible for a developer to create a better camera app for a Nexus phone? It could be closed and proprietary, unlike the stock camera. I assume it would need to be phone specific to optimize the software to work with that specific hardware, but with the quality of the stock camera on the Nexus phones, I think it could be a big seller. I'd pay $5 to improve the quality of the camera on my GNex.

Thoughts?

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Take a closer look at the PDF. MSM8960 is dual core, APQ8064 is the quad core and has no modems.

I stand corrected, thanks. I was under the incorrect belief that both s4 pro chips were quads. Thanks for the correction. Not sure how I feel now about that chip :-/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance