Why the hate?

Poll: Do You Dislike LG?

• Total voters

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I just don't buy that. If Google is seriously releasing a play store only phone for $600, well that's suicide for sales. Regardless of whether or other then gt-i9260 is real or not, they had it listed as galaxy nexus 2, and they were showing off shots of the lg nexus a screen shot on the screen pulled from xda. They are loosing credibility fast.

If they are making carrier subsidized models too, then yeah I could see the $600 price tag, otherwise no way
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

You can't say that Google is loosing credibility for things that other people did. Google didn't list anything at Galaxy Nexus 2 and Google didn't put out those screenshots. This is the same crazy leak fest that happens before lots of major releases. Most of the rumors and leaks aren't credible. That's just the way things go. Don't fault Google for it.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me if the LG Nexus 4 if you think it will come to Sprint and subsidized to $200. And why won't you think it will come with LTE?

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
It probably will. Nexus S and Nexus 4 both did, i'ts logical enough.
Hell, I'm fine with 8GB for under 400- as for LTE? I'm gonna be on TMobile 30/month Prepaid with HSPA+ (Hopefully a 42 radio will be installed and not a 21, but doubt it D: 21 is still good enough) But yeah, I bet there will be a Nexus 4 4G (Lol, too many 4s!) or Nexus 4 4G LTE or on Sprint it will be the LG Nexus Victory Prime 4 Super 4G LTE Skyrocketing Epic Nexus 2012! :p
But yeah, I'm PERSONALLY fine with 8gb, especially if I flash a ton of ROMs since I'm too lazy to reinstall all my apps all the time. I have my SGSTab 10.1 (OG) with AOSP jellybean to play games on!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please tell me if the LG Nexus 4 if you think it will come to Sprint and subsidized to $200. And why won't you think it will come with LTE?

Maybe....But if it goes to Sprint it will have LTE. The version that won't have LTE will be the unlocked version.

But since Sprint still sells the GN...I don't see it on Sprint right at launch. Maybe later.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think we'll eventually see carrier versions with LTE. I doubt we'll get them at launch though.

But that's just my guess.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the more I think about it, carrier possibilities aren't out of the question. When google released the galaxy nexus on the play store, speculation was because they were annoyed with Verizon holding updates. However, there never was any proof to that theory, not to mention sprint has has 2 google phones now, neither have gotten updates as fast as gsm unlocked

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just don't buy that. If Google is seriously releasing a play store only phone for $600, well that's suicide for sales. Regardless of whether or other then gt-i9260 is real or not, they had it listed as galaxy nexus 2, and they were showing off shots of the lg nexus a screen shot on the screen pulled from xda. They are loosing credibility fast.

If they are making carrier subsidized models too, then yeah I could see the $600 price tag, otherwise no way

Google doesn't care about sales. The people that actually want or need one will buy one.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Google doesn't care about sales. The people that actually want or need one will buy one.

Yeah because that's how businesses make money by not getting sales (sarcasm)

Edit: just to add some more to that, if Google didn't want the nexus to sell, they probably wouldn't of offered Verizon and sprint versions last time around, and they damn sure would of sold it for more than $400, and if they didn't want it to sell, then why drop it another $50 later? And why even bother making the nexus 7 affordable. Should of thrown a freaking 12mp shooter, and super amoled plus 1080p screen on it, and sold it with 128 gigs of storage, and 2 gigs of ram instead of 1. Screw it should of just gone balls to the wall, and advertising? Forget it. It not the point. The nexus 7 isn't supposed to sell

It won't be $600.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah because that's how businesses make money by not getting sales (sarcasm)

Edit: just to add some more to that, if Google didn't want the nexus to sell, they probably wouldn't of offered Verizon and sprint versions last time around, and they damn sure would of sold it for more than $400, and if they didn't want it to sell, then why drop it another $50 later? And why even bother making the nexus 7 affordable. Should of thrown a freaking 12mp shooter, and super amoled plus 1080p screen on it, and sold it with 128 gigs of storage, and 2 gigs of ram instead of 1. Screw it should of just gone balls to the wall, and advertising? Forget it. It not the point. The nexus 7 isn't supposed to sell

It won't be $600.

First: the phrase is wouldn't have, not wouldn't of. The latter is not a part of the English language.

Second: the nexus line, especially the gsm models, have always been geared towards developers so price is not an issue. They are not concerned if the price deters sales at the beginning, because the people that need one will buy one.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm glad your hear to correct my English since it's so important. Who needs a nexus? I do dammit! Every other Android phone blows now. How about a galaxy s3? Yeah because I love touchwiz (sarcasm), and having my whole ics based phone decorated like it's on gingerbread and have gingerbread buttons. Or I could get a one x, so I can have htc sense and beats audio because that's about as relevant as the Sega and their "blast processing" claim with the Genesis. And I could wait forever to get my one update that arrives after 2 more versions of android have passed only for it to break my phone and market compatibility because it's half assed. Every update I've gotten for an android device has done just that, on my captivate, froyo was slower than eclair even though speed was what was supposed to be so special about it! Gingerbread brought a huge plethora of new bugs and issues to it. For my flyer, it was pretty quick on gingerbread but honeycomb slowed it down quite a bit. My vivid? Nearly a perfect phone on gingerbread, but ics came and made it buggy and killed the battery life.

But my captivate had a huge following and had flawless cm builds for it as it had an unlocked bootloader, and xda has jelly bean for it. My vivid isn't going to see anything after ics. Whatever happened to Google experience phones like the HTC g2? Phones that weren't nexuses but had pure Google Android and no skins? There has to be a market for people like me who love pure android but can't stand the bastardization the carriers and manufacturers do to it.

Sorry for my rant but I am at my witts end with these crappy "Feature phones" that happen to run android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm glad your hear to correct my English since it's so important. Who needs a nexus? I do dammit! Every other Android phone blows now. How about a galaxy s3? Yeah because I love touchwiz (sarcasm), and having my whole ics based phone decorated like it's on gingerbread and have gingerbread buttons. Or I could get a one x, so I can have htc sense and beats audio because that's about as relevant as the Sega and their "blast processing" claim with the Genesis. And I could wait forever to get my one update that arrives after 2 more versions of android have passed only for it to break my phone and market compatibility because it's half assed. Every update I've gotten for an android device has done just that, on my captivate, froyo was slower than eclair even though speed was what was supposed to be so special about it! Gingerbread brought a huge plethora of new bugs and issues to it. For my flyer, it was pretty quick on gingerbread but honeycomb slowed it down quite a bit. My vivid? Nearly a perfect phone on gingerbread, but ics came and made it buggy and killed the battery life.

But my captivate had a huge following and had flawless cm builds for it as it had an unlocked bootloader, and xda has jelly bean for it. My vivid isn't going to see anything after ics. Whatever happened to Google experience phones like the HTC g2? Phones that weren't nexuses but had pure Google Android and no skins? There has to be a market for people like me who love pure android but can't stand the bastardization the carriers and manufacturers do to it.

Sorry for my rant but I am at my witts end with these crappy "Feature phones" that happen to run android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So glad I dodged the vivid and went to the skyrocket haha. Yeah bro your development there is uuuum well uuuuh..... Yeah. Rocket im on jb ive run cm aokp paranoid android cna lmao thank you unlocked bootloaders and easy access to source code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you know I was contemplating a non lte galaxy s2, but a buddy convinced me lte was worth it, and the skyrocket was $200 at the time while the vivid was $100. Yeah I definitely would of gotten one of the s2s had I done it over again

The vivid is plenty capable of cm and aosp, problem is there is closed source code with the ril that breaks in call mic with at&t sim cards. It's gotten probably 3 developers at least frustrating enough to sell their Vivid's for a gs3 instead.

Both the vivid and flyer have me dying for nexus devices, when google released the n7, I was like "it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine". I sold my flyer, my psp, and Zune on ebay and used $50 out of my pocket but I made it happen.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you know I was contemplating a non lte galaxy s2, but a buddy convinced me lte was worth it, and the skyrocket was $200 at the time while the vivid was $100. Yeah I definitely would of gotten one of the s2s had I done it over again

I feel ya bro vivid was tempting to me because I love HTC but I looked into development before taking the shot. I dont stay stock so my deciding factor is always development haha.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I feel ya bro vivid was tempting to me because I love HTC but I looked into development before taking the shot. I dont stay stock so my deciding factor is always development haha.

I had this dumb idea that I was sick of flashing roms and wanted a phone to stay on stock, and anything with a dual core and ics would be good enough. I was sick of the captivates lagging (really due to dated hardware) and I was content enough to buy Samsung again, after all the captivate was my 4th straight Samsung phone spanning from the sync, eternity, mythic, and finally captivate. I wanted to try out htc, always impressed with their build quality and sense seemed alot cooler till I had to use it on a daily basis lol

Once you cross that line your never done flashing. Nexus devices are great on stock but even better rooted, paranoid android ftw!

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this dumb idea that I was sick of flashing roms and wanted a phone to stay on stock, and anything with a dual core and ics would be good enough. I was sick of the captivates lagging (really due to dated hardware) and I was content enough to buy Samsung again, after all the captivate was my 4th straight Samsung phone spanning from the sync, eternity, mythic, and finally captivate. I wanted to try out htc, always impressed with their build quality and sense seemed alot cooler till I had to use it on a daily basis lol

Once you cross that line your never done flashing. Nexus devices are great on stock but even better rooted, paranoid android ftw!

I learned my lessons about sense on the evo ( thanks sprint for that awesome wimax speed.... Not) its a well integrated software but not enough for me to ever dig stock I prefer aosp for daily use although I would say Sony builds great software too just sub par hardware yes I know this as me and a buddy have worked with Sony firmware a bit which he got a bunch of stuff ported to the rocket

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem with sense I've really found is the apps are too basic. It's like wow its awesome that it rains on my home screen and wipes it off with a windshield wiper when I rains but the weather app sucks, no radar. Cool its got a built in tasking app... But wait it doesn't connect to Google tasks, so it's useless. Wow the text messages give me a full screen preview on the lockscreen but wait I can't set custom text tones. The keyboard is nice but wait.. It doesn't automatically space after a prediction. Then they disable cool effects like over scroll glow and crt off and I'm just like "why?". Sense is as polished as it is half assed if that makes sense. For the most part its great on gingerbread but it blows on ics. Sense 3.6 does everything in its power to make ics look like gingerbread. No widgets in the app drawer, and a big green battery icon, and green elements but there are still a ton of holo elements left that they overlooked, overall making it half assed. They should of gave us sense 4,but they didn't. And it's so intrusive it rivals a kindle fire. Take the lockscreen. The aosp lockscreen is built into the rom, but if you enable it, when you get calls you have to unlock it to see your caller id, because the Sense dialer app doesn't unlock the phone, it shows the information on the lockscreen. So if the sense lockscreen is disabled, then it doesn't know what to do.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I learned my lessons about sense on the evo ( thanks sprint for that awesome wimax speed.... Not) its a well integrated software but not enough for me to ever dig stock I prefer aosp for daily use although I would say Sony builds great software too just sub par hardware yes I know this as me and a buddy have worked with Sony firmware a bit which he got a bunch of stuff ported to the rocket

What was wrong with wimax speed?

I was getting Ann average of 8-9 mbps down and a peak of 12.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!