View Poll Results: Poll: Do You Dislike LG?

Voters
529. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hate em. Bad experience.

73 13.80%
  • Love Em

42 7.94%
  • No Opinion

181 34.22%
  • Heard Bad Things

107 20.23%
  • Unsure/No Opinion

153 28.92%
  • Whoo, Bandwagon!!

19 3.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Like Tree61Likes

Default Re: Why the hate?

Is the HSPA+42 spec true? If so, that should make some ppl happy that wanted LTE. Unless one wanted it on a carrier that had LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Is the HSPA+42 spec true? If so, that should make some ppl happy that wanted LTE. Unless one wanted it on a carrier that had LTE.
    Yes it's true, it's listed on Google's specs page

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

Really there is no hate for me anymore, at that price I can live with 16 gb of storage and a built in battery, though I wish it was larger. Doesn't the razr maxx have a 3200mah battery? They should of followed suit

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    The Hustleman likes this.

Didn't vote because your choices are incomplete. I don't hate LG and I don't Love LG. I have had good experiences with LG and expect to continue to have good experiences. But I used to have good experiences with WalMart. However! WalMart quit providing good expereinces and the same could happen to LG or any other company. You should have added "Like LG had good experiences with them".
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    aguillen89 likes this.

Or simply a carrier with a robust national network, not just major metropolitan areas.

Yeah I never will understand why at&t never finished their 3G network. Verizon straight bashed them for it in 09. What did they do? Waste money on Luke Wilson to tell everyone about how good their calling network is.

Personally I'd rather see them get hard core about improving their 3G network and get hspa+ 42mbps working on every phone instead of blowing money on a new network they won't ever finish

Do you think you guys are going to take interest in the wireless charging feature? For me personally, it won't make my life dramatically easier, so forget forking out 30+ for something when I already have something what does it just as good.

Yeah it seems pointless to me, wireless charging but I gotta have a dock to accomplish this feat, so nothing gained or lost really

Ry

Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jammytech View Post
    Do you think you guys are going to take interest in the wireless charging feature? For me personally, it won't make my life dramatically easier, so forget forking out 30+ for something when I already have something what does it just as good.
    Wireless charging won't really matter to me until my desk or my coffee table can become charging bases.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

You guys don't geek out over much do you the tech is awesome and the fact that its finally starting to expand means that those days may not be far off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Lg android phones have always had the persona in my eyes that they were trying to appeal to the entry level and somewhat mid range devices.

Have I ever wanted one of their devices, nope as they had nothing that is in my demands.... That does not mean they are junk and people need to understand that they were playing a different market and note they are trying to break into the "enthusiast" area.

I've also had mostly Samsung phones, so you could call me a sammy fan, but the truth is I'm a android fan and love all the choices, I just prefer Sammy's looks more than the other brands... But I'm digging the new lgs..... They are trying to build something pleasing on the eye, which is far mor than I can say for moto. Gross.

Also it doesn't matter who builds the nexus, it has to meet hardware stipulations from Google, it wouldn't matter if pantech built it, it's running googles unmolested code..... the end result will be the lg will run the same as Sammy will.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_k605 View Post
    Lg android phones have always had the persona in my eyes that they were trying to appeal to the entry level and somewhat mid range devices.

Have I ever wanted one of their devices, nope as they had nothing that is in my demands.... That does not mean they are junk and people need to understand that they were playing a different market and note they are trying to break into the "enthusiast" area.

I've also had mostly Samsung phones, so you could call me a sammy fan, but the truth is I'm a android fan and love all the choices, I just prefer Sammy's looks more than the other brands... But I'm digging the new lgs..... They are trying to build something pleasing on the eye, which is far mor than I can say for moto. Gross.

Also it doesn't matter who builds the nexus, it has to meet hardware stipulations from Google, it wouldn't matter if pantech built it, it's running googles unmolested code..... the end result will be the lg will run the same as Sammy will.

I feel you, but a Pantech Nexus Burst just doesn't have an appealing ring to it.
    aguillen89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_k605 View Post

Considering the inferior sound (speakerphone, speaker volume etc) on the GNex vs the OG Droid, and how much higher the perceived quality of Samsung vs Pantech is, I can't agree with any confidence.
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    Considering the inferior sound (speakerphone, speaker volume etc) on the GNex vs the OG Droid, and how much higher the perceived quality of Samsung vs Pantech is, I can't agree with any confidence.
    Exactly. Which is why some ppl favor certain manufactures. The G Nex speaker was soft. I put the exact mp3's on it and my RAZR...and it was just louder on my RAZR. This also goes to what I say alot lately......what phone you consider the best depends on ....your.... wants n needs. I need a loud speaker, volume.

As far as the UI, OS performance I might agree with him. Stock Android is Stock Android. But for other things...I dont.

I dont really care who the manufacturer is. I'm hoping that because it is a Nexus branded device it will be held to a higher standard and will be manufactured accordingly. I dont know much about LG phones. But Im thinking most of the hate is exactly that, not many people know about LG as a phone manufacturer

I really don't care either. I rarely ever refer to my nexus 7 as an asus product, I typically tell people its a "Google" Nexus 7. Google has a lot of input on design choices too I mean the gnex for instance looks nothing like any other galaxy, and the nexus 4 looks identical to the gnex on the front.

Google switches around manufacturers just to keep everyone happy and not make it look like they are favoring anybody. But at the end of the day they are all contractors be building google products

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jammytech View Post
    Have you thought about that:
    Buy a bluetooth adapter for your HiFi, a NFC chip and a wireless charging dock. That costs about 50 bucks. Now put your NFC chip on your charging dock and program it, that when you put your phone on the dock, the music starts playing over the bloetooth adapter. You get that, what Nokia offers (JBL PowerUp) for 350 bucks (here in germany) for just 50 bucks. Cool or cool?

All this time I just realized something....the price of this phone off contract...... is the price of some phones....on contract.

I always wanted to try AT&T....and this might be the perfect time.. I can use this month to month, off contract on AT&T right?
    hell_on_heels likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

All this time I just realized something....the price of this phone off contract...... is the price of some phones....on contract.

I always wanted to try AT&T....and this might be the perfect time.. I can use this month to month, off contract on AT&T right?
    That is the appeal of it...

Thanks
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011