Why the hate?

Poll: Do You Dislike LG?

• Total voters

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm impartial.

I had 3 LG phones. One was the LG Neon and 2 Optimus Seven devices.

The LG Neon had a terrible bug in which I couldn't hear the first minute of the conversation, it annoyed me and everyone I called.
The first Optimus worked great unti the first big Windows Phone update, then it gradually turned to crap and finally the screen died, I lost this one.
The second Optimus is the one I currently own, no issues so far besides occacional random restart.

I like the LG design actually, their products are ok.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The battery in my opinion is gonna run along the same lines as the sgs. I do not see it getting much better. Actually until apps come out that take advantage of the quad or even dual core, those won't matter much.

I still have the hate because of the storage sizes. You don't want a sdcard that is fine, just make the storage on the phone bigger. The phone will not fail, but it is not going to be a huge success either.

One more thing, there is still gonna be a late version. I am not wavering from that. I say around February

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I gotta agree the storage options blow. Who would pay $400 for 32 gig <raises hand> but they don't even give you the option! Really just put an sd card on and stop being stubborn, no one cares about your reasons, stop being apple!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
No if they were gonna be apple, it would come in 16, 32, and 64 gb options

Apple as in "their vision screw what everyone else wants"

Hey its a hate thread right? I fully plan on buying one and at the prices they are asking its hard to complain. But at the same time this is the only way to have a true android phone, and it comes with compromises.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is not the only way but it is the easiest.

I do want to add that I was looking forward to last year's, but money forced me off of it. I had some hate because I do not know lg as a smartphone maker at all, but was willing to give them a try. The hate and 'do not want' attitude really kicked in with the non removable battery, small internal storage, and no sdcard. I know we will never see a sdcard in a Nexus, at least for the long time, but you gotta do better on the other aspects if your gonna do that. All phones are compromises in one way or another. Wouldn't we all love a 64 gb phone with quad core and 4 gb of ram to go along with an slcd3 screen and a maxx battery. Sunning pure android of course. Sure we would, not gonna happen though.... So we decide where we can compromise and live with what we buy. I just wonder how long until threads start popping up that my nexus is full what do I do now?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It is not the only way but it is the easiest.

I do want to add that I was looking forward to last year's, but money forced me off of it. I had some hate because I do not know lg as a smartphone maker at all, but was willing to give them a try. The hate and 'do not want' attitude really kicked in with the non removable battery, small internal storage, and no sdcard. I know we will never see a sdcard in a Nexus, at least for the long time, but you gotta do better on the other aspects if your gonna do that. All phones are compromises in one way or another. Wouldn't we all love a 64 gb phone with quad core and 4 gb of ram to go along with an slcd3 screen and a maxx battery. Sunning pure android of course. Sure we would, not gonna happen though.... So we decide where we can compromise and live with what we buy. I just wonder how long until threads start popping up that my nexus is full what do I do now?

True but finding phones with unlockable bootloaders and great development is becoming harder and harder to find. My captivate was almost a nexus after you rooted it, Development was nothing short of epic, but now even the most popular models like the one x have stupid locked boatloaders, and both the one series and galaxy phones aren't rocking even 4.1 and 4.2 is getting ready to drop. So you really do just have to either decide whether you want to compromise your android updates and compromise your clean look to get an Android phone with everything you want,or deal with some sacrifices and get a nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Non removable battery is and always has been a moot point as there is a hard reset procedure for all of our android phones actually most devices of this type not just cell phones. Normally its hold pwr for 10+ seconds. I have access to a removable battery but ask me how often I pull mine out... Never, because there is that procedure in place to handle uh ohs like that. You guys fear it because you aren't as smart as you think you are, or because you need more power ( this one totally understandable).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
What I hate about built in batteries is lithium ions don't last forever so if the battery dies your supposed to just throw away your device

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What I hate about built in batteries is lithium ions don't last forever so if the battery dies your supposed to just throw away your device

How long do you expect to keep the phone my evo's battery is still perfectly normal so are you expecting the phone to be used for over3 or 4 years

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
How long do you expect to keep the phone my evo's battery is still perfectly normal so are you expecting the phone to be used for over3 or 4 years

I agree with this. My Droid 1, Droid X1 stock batteries are still going strong. Got the Droid 1 in 2010, Droid X1 in 2010. The longest I kept a phone is 1 and 1/2 years. I assume most of us get a new phone about every year?

I admit I used the non removable battery argument in iPhone vs Android debates. I confess I never used a phone with a non removable battery until the Droid RAZR. Funny thing is...my RAZR had less random reboots than my Droid 1 and Droid X1. I had to do more battery pulls on those 2 phones than hard resetting my RAZR. More stable software and better hardware? Who knows. But we shouldn't fear the non removable batteries.

I know its preference....but if its a big enough battery....it should be fine. The biggest extended battery I bought is 2800 for my Droid 1. Phone manufactures just need to put bigger stock batteries in these phones. Someone did post the other day they kept their Droid 1 as their main phone since 2009, 2010? That is not the norm for us tech fiends....lol.

Non removable battery is and always has been a moot point as there is a hard reset procedure for all of our android phones actually most devices of this type not just cell phones.

Case in point, that somehow always seems to be forgotten......is tablets. Some ppl say they dont want a non removable battery for running custom ROMs.....doesnt hurt development on tablets.... One thing I do like is when I drop my phone...I dont have to worry about the battery coming out, or finding the battery door....lol. It might not seem like it, but there are some pros to a non removable battery. Relying on an external battery for power sessions means my phone never has to be turned off. I jog with a Anker 5600 mAh external battery. Small enough to actually hold in my hand while jogging.

Last edited:

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. My Droid 1, Droid X1 stock batteries are still going strong. Got the Droid 1 in 2010, Droid X1 in 2010. The longest I kept a phone is 1 and 1/2 years. I assume most of us get a new phone about every year?

The life expectancy is likely set at a minimum of 2 to 3 years im not 100% but im willing to bet somewhere around length of typical contracts at bare minimum.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My N1's still going strong as my primary when in GSM-land. The battery on my OG Droid suffered a catastrophic failure shortly after I upgraded to the GNex.

As for hating the N4, it might be a good replacement for my N1 but never for the GNex. I need/want high speed data on an extensive, reliable national network.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your usage habits and charging habits. My captivate battery never died completely but the life cycle went to hell after a year, and I was able to buy a new one, which is something I won't be able to do with the nexus 4. Not to mention having a spare is always nice for those situations where you need a charge now.

Again its not a deal breaker but I prefer a removable over non removable any day

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your usage habits and charging habits. My captivate battery never died completely but the life cycle went to hell after a year, and I was able to buy a new one, which is something I won't be able to do with the nexus 4. Not to mention having a spare is always nice for those situations where you need a charge now.

Again its not a deal breaker but I prefer a removable over non removable any day

Charge properly and dont be abusive to li-ion batteries

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Overall I'm just not going to lie to myself and convince myself this phone is perfect when its not. I'm buying it but I'm buying it with compromise. Still as far as android goes I'm never buying a non nexus device ever again. Sick of manufacturer skins, and seeing new versions of android and wondering if and when I'll get them. Sick of having locked down devices with no development.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site

The cover comes off easily (2 screws), replacing battery or broken glass back for that matter shouldn't be difficult.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
If the rumors are correct in the new nexus program the OEM's are probably responsible for the software.
Google wouldn't be able to maintain the builds of all the manufacturers.

Nexus Rumor

So if you want to take the risk of buying the only nexus which will never get an update!!! Buy the LG Nexus!!! :)

Ahem, the word rumor is there which means that this could not be true at all. This new nexus program was probably based off of that rumor which said that there would be 5 different nexus phones. Well that did not turn out to be true. Google can surely handle the updates for the n4, n7, n10, and gnexus. Don't let this rumor prevent u from buying the nexus 4, potential n4 buyers.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The naming scheme kills the rumor. The nexus 4 is obviously named for its 4 inch(ish) screen (actually 4.7). It coincides with the 7 inch nexus 7 and 10 inch nexus 10. If Google really was going to do multiple nexus phones they wouldn't have chosen this naming scheme. And to also further smash those rumors, the rumored galaxy nexus 2 ended up being the Galaxy Premier, and the HTC Nexus 5 ended up being the Droid DNA (what a stupid name)

Anyway there is some truth. They said google was reaching out to several manufacturers for multiple nexuses, they never said they were all going to be phones.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
But there is something missing. If we are talking about the same old rumor, it was a Nexus certified program. You would have something like you have with Windows. Dell makes it, has drivers for the hardware, but all the updates to the Os come from Microsoft.

What could and should happen is exactly that. Android puts out the API's as a standard. The drivers have to meet that, and keep that standard to remain nexus certified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy