Will VZW get it? What do you think?

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Some folks say yes, some no. I will buy the phone only with VZW, I don't want neither TMO nor ATT anymore because both suck! If VZW is not getting it, I will go there and take a 2-yr contract with a Galaxy Nexus for $50. Just need a confirmation that they're not getting it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using crappy HSPA+ network

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No confirmation till its announced, but I would be VERY surprised.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Do you think they will announce it some time around the date of the release? How long after the release of GNex did they announce a version for VZW, I can't remember...??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I just cannot see Google giving up the biggest, best network in America. The Nexus brand is dead to a lot of people if its not on Verizon. I love my gnex. I keep saying it but.....My Verizon gnex can do anything a gsm gnex can do.....just at much faster 4g speeds with 32 GB of storage on a superior network.....because it is a Nexus their has been tons of community support to take care of the few issues Verizon has screwed up........Google would be stupid not to release this on Verizon.

aestep1014

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just cannot see Google giving up the biggest, best network in America. The Nexus brand is dead to a lot of people if its not on Verizon. I love my gnex. I keep saying it but.....My Verizon gnex can do anything a gsm gnex can do.....just at much faster 4g speeds with 32 GB of storage on a superior network.....because it is a Nexus their has been tons of community support to take care of the few issues Verizon has screwed up........Google would be stupid not to release this on Verizon.

I totally agree. I love how people on pre pay or AT&T/Tmo complain about VZW gnex, but those of us on Verizon aren't as much. Sure the updates took 8-12 weeks more, but that was still way ahead of any other android on Big Red. If people can't be patient, then you are free to get an unlocked version, but why advocate to nt have a VZW version? What do you care if others are fine waiting?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm ok with it being on Verizon if it doesn't delay it releasing in any other form in the US.

That being said, I wouldn't hold my breath on a Verizon version.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
This is the main reason why I think its a great idea to have multiple nexus devices......then all carriers will have a nexus to offer. Its stupid that one carrier gets the phone. Open it up so that its almost like a certification ... like THX or whatever.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This is the main reason why I think its a great idea to have multiple nexus devices......then all carriers will have a nexus to offer. Its stupid that one carrier gets the phone. Open it up so that its almost like a certification ... like THX or whatever.

Why does this require multiple Nexus devices? Why not just Sprint version, Verizon version etc. as with the Galaxy Nexus?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't like multiple Nexuses solution. I dont see the point. Make one for all carriers like last time. I dont care if LG makes it, Samsung or HTC, I don't even care for physical appearance as long as it has good features and can be competitive to GSIII....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Why does this require multiple Nexus devices? Why not just Sprint version, Verizon version etc. as with the Galaxy Nexus?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Whats wrong with more options? Some people like a big phone...some like small, some people like Motorola...some don't...etc etc etc. Also, not all carriers got the current Nexus at first and I could be wrong but not all previous Nexus devices were on every carrier.

d3c509b

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd hope the Nexus 4 comes out on big red. Otherwise, Google is alienating way too many potential customers.

What are the chances of an unlocked CDMA device? eh? eh? 0%? -5%?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd hope the Nexus 4 comes out on big red. Otherwise, Google is alienating way too many potential customers.

What are the chances of an unlocked CDMA device? eh? eh? 0%? -5%?

It can be unlocked, but that doesn't mean you can just get it to work (the unlocked part would be the GSM radios). Verizon and Sprint won't let you just turn a phone on and have it work, they will have to provision it for it to work.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

zer0vette

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Network is superior, but updates are a bit slower and stupid things like Wallet not being supported, granted there are simple workarounds.

Personally, I'll be looking hard at ATT / Tmobile when my VZW contract ends in December 2013.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus page on Google+ yesterday said, "Happy birthday +Galaxy Nexus, you were born one year ago, on October 19th. Soon you are going to meet your younger brother(s) ;)" which to me doesn't mean more than one OEM, it means more than one version of the same phone. Maybe one of those versions will be the Verizon LTE model? Only time will tell.

Source

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus page on Google+ yesterday said, "Happy birthday +Galaxy Nexus, you were born one year ago, on October 19th. Soon you are going to meet your younger brother(s) ;)" which to me doesn't mean more than one OEM, it means more than one version of the same phone. Maybe one of those versions will be the Verizon LTE model? Only time will tell.

Source

That's just some guy's page, not "The" Galaxy Nexus page.