Nexus 4 Pre/Post Design Differences?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
lg-nexus-mockup.jpg
lg-nexus4.jpg
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/allsides-580x458.png

I wonder how much can or will change with pre production Nexus 4 and the final version. I notice with leaks of pre production Nexus 4 the color of LG, FCC, and Trademark logos have been seen mainly in white but one particular leak image gray. The subtle changes in color choice between logos and the rumored multi-colored "Nexus" logo on the back could only be seeing one version design wise of the N4. Hopefully because I would really like the Nexus logo front and center on the back of the N4 especially if the device is called the Nexus 4. They have done in past with Nexus smartphones always had the OEM logo at the botom and the Google logo bottom but hope they change like what they did with N7.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I really hope that mockup is close to the real thing. Those leaks made the back look really tacky and like a cheap case thrown over it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The top one looks the best to me... Honestly I think the 'X' would look better without the four color option though and kept in all black similar to the N7

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I really hope that mockup is close to the real thing. Those leaks made the back look really tacky and like a cheap case thrown over it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The white logos on back for me are an eye sore for N4. In addition they chose to go with a gunmetal charcoal gray which I do not like. A jet black would been much better but hopefully come out with a white which I believe will be lot better looking. The curvy outer edges of the N4 could be more polished because the dull matte color clashes with the glossy back and again the GCG color doesn't help it.

The top one looks the best to me... Honestly I think the 'X' would look better without the four color option though and kept in all black similar to the N7
I think the multicolored X would look great on the white as long everything else was white on back.
nexus-7-logo-629x370.jpg
Subtle colors on this Nexus 7's X would be nice template to use for X on N4 IMO. Regardless the N4 for me design wise need be more polished in certain areas of the design over all the out line the design is fine though not especially ground breaking.

prefer the leak tbh. sleeker. looks less like a toy to me.

What is the "TBH" leak?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I could go for a white version of the textured glass. Prefer the Google logo to the nexus tho. Also prefer no color. While my nexus 7 is pretty awesome, I don't love the design of the back and it looks cheap.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I could go for a white version of the textured glass. Prefer the Google logo to the nexus tho. Also prefer no color. While my nexus 7 is pretty awesome, I don't love the design of the back and it looks cheap.

I sort ponder about this for while about the "Google" logo on nexus devices to begin with. If presume Google is trying to push the nexus line to mainstream wouldn't want to put the Nexus logo on your devices? Is this a case identity where mainstream doesn't see connection between Android, Google, and Nexus? The Nexus 7 they put the Nexus logo front and center. They also don't even mention Asus in there marketing campaign which I hope they implement this campaign for future. The Google logo needs to be replaced with the Nexus on N4 in addition to oem logo playing much smaller role.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I sort ponder about this for while about the "Google" logo on nexus devices to begin with. If presume Google is trying to push the nexus line to mainstream wouldn't want to put the Nexus logo on your devices? Is this a case identity where mainstream doesn't see connection between Android, Google, and Nexus? The Nexus 7 they put the Nexus logo front and center. They also don't even mention Asus in there marketing campaign which I hope they implement this campaign for future. The Google logo needs to be replaced with the Nexus on N4 in addition to oem logo playing much smaller role.

I don't necessarily disagree but from an aesthetic point of view the Google logo is nicer than the nexus logo. That is, in my professionally trained expert art school opinion, of course. :)

And I think the n7 looks incredibly cheap. But its a fun toy.

For phone designs recently I think one x did a great job. Gnex is nice but the back is also cheap looking. The gray is getting kinda old I think. Textured glass would be a step in the right direction, and moving away from blocky futuristic plastic design would be welcome, in my book.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily disagree but from an aesthetic point of view the Google logo is nicer than the nexus logo. That is, in my professionally trained expert art school opinion, of course. :)

And I think the n7 looks incredibly cheap. But its a fun toy.

For phone designs recently I think one x did a great job. Gnex is nice but the back is also cheap looking. The gray is getting kinda old I think. Textured glass would be a step in the right direction, and moving away from blocky futuristic plastic design would be welcome, in my book.

Yes compared to other OEM logo's the Nexus logo could use some work. I liked the look of the GN but compared to more polished One X design which by looks is just matter of personal opinion. Though I don't think one can deny the Nexus line has a quirky look to them partly because Google doesn't want stick with particular look that defines a nexus devices. Unfortunately that is totally different side note that I will leave to rest.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually think the Nexus 4 back will have logo regardless of leaks because or brand recognition across the other devices they may unveil. The Nexus 7 has logo and most likely the Nexus 10 will have the logo so I just don't see why they would keep Google on the back of the Nexus 4. The Nexus logo having bigger presence was built into the design of the Nexus 7 as well as the name. It's not called Asus Nexus 7 for a reason. If Nexus 7 had Google on back where the Nexus logo is now then I wouldn't even be making this argument.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Im stoked for this phone regardless. I love the textile look (reminds me of the old nexus wallpaper) and I want my phone to say Nexus. I want to wear that badge loud and proud. So i dont mind the color. Either way... Looks good to me.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1351355526721.jpg
I happy to nexus logo in it's rightful place as well the LG logo standing alone without the fcc and trademark logos. The N4 looks a lot clearner just hope they polish the outline of the N4 because the flat rubbery gray color is dull and tacky against the polished back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1351529378621.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351529412168.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351529439786.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351529378621.jpg
They really polished the device to look more professional the chromo accents actually look good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351529473839.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351529473839.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 10
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351529497657.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351529497657.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 35

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I might be little over critical with the design device but I hope the remove the logos below the LG logo because they are unnecessary and tacky. The problem is the actual device we seen so far has the logo but the press shot from play store has the LG logo alone. I am guessing the actually released device will removed the tacky logos under the LG logo I keep complaining about.
uploadfromtaptalk1351549438410.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351549512046.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums