- 589 Posts
Support for HD voice?
Anyone think the Nexus 4 might support HD voice? I know only a few carriers actually have support for it now, but it would be great to help future proof the device. Or do you guys think that might be something that we will have support foor in 2 years? Usually Android is the front runner in introducing new technological innovations, like NFC, On screen buttons, LTE, etc. What are you guys thought on the matter?
- 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM #2
- 358 Posts
Re: Support for HD voice?
Well, according to HD Voice News
"Las Vegas, Nevada – T-Mobile USA has pulled the trigger on HD voice for its HSPA network, starting the clock for other mobile carriers in the United States to match the feature. And yes, it is the first U.S. wireless provider to launch HD Voice nationwide on its HSPA network.
HD Voice News tips its hat to DSL Reports for spotting engineering data in December indicating a rollout of AMR-WB as a supported codec within its HSPA network. Phones officially listed in the release include “Capable T-Mobile 4G smartphones” including HTC One S, Nokia Astound and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
More broadly, any Android smartphone released in the past year already has support for AMR-WB."~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
- By flyawaymike in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2012, 05:50 AM
- By AndroidBoricua in forum T-Mobile VibrantReplies: 9Last Post: 08-03-2010, 01:55 AM
- By SeizedPropaganda in forum Google TVReplies: 6Last Post: 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
- By whitenack in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
- By Mike20PR in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 26Last Post: 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM