What does this nexus have over Galaxy S3?

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i was hoping that the new nexus would be "the" best phone of the year thus far. however, like last year's nexus, it's quite underwhelming. it doesn't seem to have anything much that would beat the s3. does google decide these things or does the manufacturer pitch something and they just approve or disapprove? i'm still hoping for a motorola nexus. a nexus maxx. >_<

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Better display. Better battery. Faster processor. Opinion only, but better build quality. Its a Nexus; faster updates. It will probably have LTE at some point. So aside from the camera and storage, I'd say its better in most everything.

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Better display. Better battery. Faster processor. Opinion only, but better build quality. Its a Nexus; faster updates. It will probably have LTE at some point. So aside from the camera and storage, I'd say its better in most everything.

Same here. Just having a better build quality makes it better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Nah... S3 looks nicer and is better built..... That's why it is $650..... Google branded phones are great for mainly one reason, they have a clear Android and are updatable ASAP..... I had an SGSII and I hated it for the amount of undeletable crapware... it worked much worse than my current phone..... apps were crashing, selecting text sucked, contacts and phone were screwed up..... Galaxy Nexus has much better software....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how the s3 can even compare to the new nexus... An s4 smokes the dual core chip in the s3 any day. Ips display is just amazing. And those dreaded Samsung radios aren't there ;-) but to each there own I guess

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Well the new Nexus is LG. And I haven't had any problems with my radios. So you can't act like the same problems apply for everyone. LG hasn't made anything great, yet you guys mention build quality on the S3? The build is great. I don't want or need a cast iron phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was somewhat of a disappointment because it had outdated hardware. Other than the screen, the Galaxy S II's hardware was a lot better, and it came out half a year earlier.

The Nexus 4 has the best processor currently available in any phone, even better than the Galaxy S3. It has a non-PenTile display, twice as much RAM as the international Galaxy S3, inductive charging, and finally has >5MP camera. It probably won't be as good as the Galaxy S3's camera but I'm sure it'll be better than the Galaxy Nexus'.

It matches or surpasses the Galaxy S3's specs in almost every way. Google is finally putting out a top of the line phone again. It only took them dumping Samsung to do it.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i was hoping that the new nexus would be "the" best phone of the year thus far. however, like last year's nexus, it's quite underwhelming. it doesn't seem to have anything much that would beat the s3. does google decide these things or does the manufacturer pitch something and they just approve or disapprove? i'm still hoping for a motorola nexus. a nexus maxx. >_<

wait, did i miss something? this nexus has the same battery as the maxx????? i thought it was just a non-removable slight upgrade from the 2100 like a 2300 or 2500? is it that huge a difference?

most important thing to me about my phone is the battery life. 2100 on s3 may not be great but at least i can change it with a spare. second most important is the camera, which is supposedly better on s3. i really don't care how good the screen is on a phone. as long as i can see something and it's halfway decent. i can't really tell.

most of all, i'm on verizon, so google updates don't really apply lol. we get updates a month or so before everyone else.... sometimes later.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
When you want the most stable Android phone on the market you must get an unlocked Nexus phone. Most developers use a Nexus phone when making Android apps, that's why they don't crash with Nexus later on. A super AMOLED screen and other high ends are less important to me the more so as Nexus is twice cheaper than GS..... Of course I would want to have an SD slot and a removable battery but I can live without that.... Stability is the priority....

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nah... S3 looks nicer and is better built..... That's why it is $650..... Google branded phones are great for mainly one reason, they have a clear Android and are updatable ASAP..... I had an SGSII and I hated it for the amount of undeletable crapware... it worked much worse than my current phone..... apps were crashing, selecting text sucked, contacts and phone were screwed up..... Galaxy Nexus has much better software....

It's $650 because Samsung cares about making a profit on the hardware.

LG's build quality has never been in question, their software has. And with the Nexus it's a non-issue, since Google does that part.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

What isn't better about the nexus besides no SD card slot which was expected since its a nexus and the sealed battery which is a give and take simce with a sealed battery it makes build quality that much better.much better processor same ram better display faster updates. And so far it has better specs than any phone out. Some ppl must not understand that their isn't a lot of room for vast improvement like when the D1 came and everything needed upgrade. Right now most of the hardware is pretty top notch in most high end smartphones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12