Google October 29 event canceled due to hurricane

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this pushes Google just to have there event held at there San Francisco faculty. Why they choose go to any other venue after they started doing Google I/O is beyond me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Google uses the Moscone Center in SF for Google I/O where I thought they used the Googleplex. The Moscone Center is large convention and exhibition complex for many venues. The center is booked for events and the time between events seem Google could fit there event in but who knows the protocol to reserved event. The process of setting up and reserving a spot at the Moscone Center may need to reserve more time then the actual event just set up. Hopefully we known something soon.

I think Googleplex is out question because I believe that would be a logistics nightmare because the Googleplex is their place of business.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Where in swfl do you live, I'm born in raised in ft Myers/Lehigh area. And of course the only thing a hurricane is good for is no work and a HURRICANE PARTY!!!!! lol please excuse me I just moved from swfl back in may to Tennessee and Kentucky. I'm kinda regretting it I miss lovers key and gulf coast town and sometimes Edison mall lol.

Back on topic anyone heard about any special launches besides nexus stuff that's supposed to be launched on the 29

Sent from my LTEVO on the not so now network via android central app

I live in SW Ft Myers about 5 mins from Gulf Coast. Hurricanes are basically second nature to me now, I slept through the last one and was surprised to wake up and the stupid thing was over already. Obviously there are some that do some quite a bit of dmg but I do find it odd they couldn't do this event when Rubin is speaking at a later event still in NY later that night. So idk, hopefully this will go on sale soon so I can give some more money to Google. From the last path I saw, it looks like there would have been less happen in the morning than later in the evening, maybe that's changed recently.

Either way, I'm disappointed. I was very much looking forward to the event and I'll likely have to work during their reschedule so will probably miss it.

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Wind??????? Do I live in Africa???? Is the event taking place in a shack???? Huge disappointment....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if they are worried about the storm surge more than wind and rain. I mean a 5-10ft wall of water may be too much to deal with. Also it is probably better that people don't fly to NYC with all this happening. That said...

I have been looking forward to this for so long!! They should just stream it live from a warehouse in the middle of no where for all I care. I want to know about Nexus 10 pricing and if it will really be that ugly, and I wanna see the Nexus 4... Now instead of finding this out I will be forced to not do work and sit on the forums all day ;)

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
This is the most ridiculous thread. You people need help. Ny is shut down and you think Google can just go into a evacuated area so you know what your next phone might be. Never mind your families just show me what I want. I'm sure they are working on doing it somewhere else. And just doing a live feed over the Internet is ridiculous. They are going to do a big event, as they should, for multiple new Nexus devices and a new release of Android OS. You people are freaking delusional or sick. Obviously I'm not talking about everyone here, just the idiots that say it's just some rain why can't they just show me what I want to see. Turn on the news that's why. They are not going to jeopardize people's lives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
This is the most ridiculous thread. You people need help. Ny is shut down and you think Google can just go into a evacuated area so you know what your next phone might be. Never mind your families just show me what I want. I'm sure they are working on doing it somewhere else. And just doing a live feed over the Internet is ridiculous. They are going to do a big event, as they should, for multiple new Nexus devices and a new release of Android OS. You people are freaking delusional or sick. Obviously I'm not talking about everyone here, just the idiots that say it's just some rain why can't they just show me what I want to see. Turn on the news that's why. They are not going to jeopardize people's lives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I think that Google did the right thing, it was just a hapless event.
The prices and devices were still announced, however, so I really don't see any reason to be disappointed.
$200 Nexus 7? $300 Nexus 4??
aw yiss

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I think that Google did the right thing, it was just a hapless event.
The prices and devices were still announced, however, so I really don't see any reason to be disappointed.
$200 Nexus 7? $300 Nexus 4??
aw yiss

Agreed. There was a MANDATORY evacuation. Which also means NO ONE may enter either. If u were out of the state, tuff doo doo. Ur not going back till it's over. This is not a minor ordeal. This is extreme. F#@& Google's little meeting. Who cares. People r gonna die in this storm and all u r worried about is the next device release. Here's one for ya GOOGLE IT!! SMDH

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac