LG and Google announce the Nexus 4, 8GB $299

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
LG and Google announce the Nexus 4 | Android Central

The Nexus 4: Google's flagship phone lands November 13th for $299 | The Verge

The device will sell for $299 with 8GB of storage, or $349 with 16GB. A T-Mobile version will sell unlocked for $199 on a two-year contract. Alongside the improved screen and faster CPU, the Nexus 4 has 2GB of RAM, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth, and built-in compatibility with Google's latest accessory, the Wireless Charging Orb - an inductive dock. The phone also houses a sizable 2100 mAh battery, which the company claims will get you about 10 hours of talk time.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'll still pick one up no doubt, but definitely disappointed with:
-No LTE
-Maxed storage of 16GB
-Only 8megapixel camera
-Integrated battery

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What about the white one? I am crying inside with joy and sadness.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That's a great question.....Also says unlocked and T-Mo so I assume its pentaband? Didn't rly see where it says that it is or isn't. But this deal is INSANE in comparison to competition and it now deemed my GN completely worthless.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Now I need to sell an S3 TOO, oh this is going to be a painful 2 weeks to wait! Sure hope the white is available day 1.

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not as advanced as you all, but it says T-Mobile. Will it not be offered as contract with ATT or others? I have to buy it unlocked for $300 or $350 to use on ATT?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not as advanced as you all, but it says T-Mobile. Will it not be offered as contract with ATT or others? I have to buy it unlocked for $300 or $350 to use on ATT?

Probably, it doesn't mention bands which is unfortunate so its hard to say if its pentaband or not. I would assume since the leak from FCC showed ATT that it is. Wish that was more in detail.

But why would you pay $200 with a $350 ETF for a $350 phone. Not great to save that money imo. My 2 cents anyway.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The GSM one will work on TMo, right?
I"m planning on using Tmo Monthly 4G Prepaid with the Nexus 4 instead of buying the locked down tmobile only version.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Can you rephrase that because understand? For now it's on T-Mobile later on the other major carriers.

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
But why would you pay $200 with a $350 ETF for a $350 phone. Not great to save that money imo. My 2 cents anyway.

I guess you are making the argument to buy an unlocked phone for $350 rather than at a contract rate of maybe $150? I don't understand the math where I would save over a 2 year period by spending $200 more now. I'm not going to switch carriers, as I am grandfathered into the unlimited ATT data plan.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The GSM one will work on TMo, right?
I"m planning on using Tmo Monthly 4G Prepaid with the Nexus 4 instead of buying the locked down tmobile only version.

From the wording it seems like its T-Mo. Because according to the article T-Mo will be selling "unlocked" on contract for $199. So my guess is it will be the same exact one from play store but subsidized from T-Mo.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess you are making the argument to buy an unlocked phone for $350 rather than at a contract rate of maybe $150? I don't understand the math where I would save over a 2 year period by spending $200 more now. I'm not going to switch carriers, as I am grandfathered into the unlimited ATT data plan.

The unlocked is $199. So idk, I'd prefer to go off contract but since you have unlimited data and you think you'll never leave then I suppose it would be good for you. But doesn't appear AT&T wants to go that route. Surprising since it would be a very tiny subsidy from them.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What so great about it coming out November 13 in black first means the white will come later. This will give me time to sell my upgrade phone (November 17 upgrade date on VZW). I will buy a iPhone 5 sell on eBay and be able buy out of my contract as well have extra to buy N4 in white when it comes out. eBay locked vzw 16GB iPhone 5 are selling over $800

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What so great about it coming out November 13 in black first means the white will come later. This will give me time to sell my upgrade phone (November 17 upgrade date on VZW). I will buy a iPhone 5 sell on eBay and be able buy out of my contract as well have extra to buy N4 in white when it comes out. eBay locked vzw 16GB iPhone 5 are selling over $800

Coming later usually means coming never with Google. Who knows what'll happen to it but at $350 I'm willing to be an early adopter and then rebuy for a white later on if it ends up coming out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21