So who likes jellybean(the new flavor)?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I made this same thread when Google announced android 4.1. Just share your thoughts on 4.2, the nexus 4, and the nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I made this same thread when Google announced android 4.1. Just share your thoughts on 4.2, the nexus 4, and the nexus 10.

So far nothing amazing with 4.2 but thats alright, The N4 is amazingly priced and specced and better than I would have imagined as far as price goes, and the N10 is awesome specs but $50 more than what I was expecting.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So far nothing amazing with 4.2 but thats alright, The N4 is amazingly priced and specced and better than I would have imagined as far as price goes, and the N10 is awesome specs but $50 more than what I was expecting.
Well, if you think about it, android 4.1 didn't actually bring anything really amazing either. It is only an incremental update, and honestly for a .1 update, Google has brought some pretty nice features to android.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you think about it, android 4.1 didn't actually bring anything really amazing either. It is only an incremental update, and honestly for a .1 update, Google has brought some pretty nice features to android.

Maybe, tbh I know little about the features till I get to play with them hands on for a bit. So time will tell how good they are. But I do wish they would have done the video popup S3 did and the dual screen mode the Note 2 has. But I can live without them. Can't wait to get my hands on the N4.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Because they didn't have a full event we don't really know what 4.2 brings to the table. I hope they release a video via YouTube with a bit more info

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: So who likes jellybean(the new flavor

4.2 just a more polished 4.1 which is too. They set ground works with ICS and just have been polishing with every update. I am happy there no need for a full upgrade if they just improving on fundamental features in ICS and Jelly Bean.

My thought in Nexus 4 the device looks improved from the prototype. The prototype need quite bit of cleaning up and think the final official N4 really is more polished device. The chrome acents go well with gray where in the prototype the colors clashed. Furthermore the accents look seemingly generic as well the rubberized edges look dull. Unfornately the matte gunmetal edges are improved in look on the final version. Their is still a slight contrast between the matte edges and the shiny back of N4 that do not complement the over all designd. I truelly believe white look amazing as thre what be contrast becauze the glossy back will go well the bright white edges even if the color is a matte finish. Lastly the other logos under the LG logo are tacky.

Nexus 10 just looks like the big younger brother of the N7 which is great the price is great compared to other devices. However I don't understand the $100 difference between storage compared to their other Nexus devices that are a differences between $50. Another thing Dual-core is not a big deal and will performs just as well as the quad-core bit be more battery efficiency and cost of less efficient and graphic intense apps. We seen the S4 vs tegra quad core both in S3 and One X it is not that big of a deal. Unforntely to masses of will be hard to convince this large non tech savvy group that 4 cores is not nessarily better than two but the price of Nexus 10 makes argument clearly when compariing the devices to other competitors.

In the end Google has delievered well and has established a great line of Nexus devices that can appeal to the masses.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The options for the lock screen on 4.2 is really a improvement. Thats is one thing that made me want to try a custom rom on the gnexus. The nexus 4 actually looks good, i like the back and the big NEXUS print. It looks to be a solid device even without LTE.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Google tend to change UI look on .1 updates and there where situation where they new API level on third number, which prime example is 4.0.3. But since they finally established good UI in Honeycomb and ICS i would not expect revamps like that for longer time... specially that same design patterns start leak to there web services

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually like the evolutionary bumps like this one we are seeing in 4.2. A few neat features are added and the stability is made to be rock solid before the next major revision. In the history of Android updates the JIT compiler, hardware acceleration, project butter and Google Now have probably been my favorite features as well as the cosmetic efforts made in the ICS update. We won't talk about Honeycomb though.

As for the device itself, everyone who has handled it, notes that it feels solid in the hand. I love the minimalist design and I really hope that the camera is at the cutting edge of smartphone cameras (808 aside). I'm excited, mostly because this beautiful device is going to save me almost two thousand dollars next year. That, my friends is value.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Biggest improvement is profiles and the two-finger quick-settings swipe. (I'm willing to try the swiping keyboard but it looked a little slow)

Really, the next big improvement should be "Project Roadrunner" (that's not a real name) where they concentrate on battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87