Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90
Like Tree67Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Thumbs down Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Hey guys. I've had Android since my LG Dare in 2008. Promise I'm not trying to hate or troll or anything here, but I am pretty annoyed at Google right now. I was dying to get the Nexus 4, until I heard it might only have 16GB onboard. Then I found hope in that it was only a rumor, and maybe cloud storage would make okay. Then I realized I can't run apps from a cloud, or listen to music without a data connection (I have 17GB of music alone). Then, Google made my worst nightmares a reality with only 8GB and 16GB options and no expandable storage. Is it too much to ask for 64GB? Even 32? Or a micro sd slot?! I don't care if the price would be higher. I need the space!!!! Then they announced no LTE. WHAT?! Remember the outrage over the iPhone 4 two years ago? That was a bit unjustified, but at this point, not including the latest technology is inexcusable for a flagship Android device. I don't need LTE, but as a marketing move this is the stupidest thing Google could have possibly done. Not to mention, even if I could get over all of this ridiculousness, I have Verizon (and no choice, because I don't pay my bill).

    There is no way this phone will ever be a possibility for me. What am I supposed to do? I currently have a Droid X (the original) and it is a mess. Programs are corrupting (camera only launches 30% of the time, etc.), the screen is starting to fail (black spots in the LCD), the battery is fried, etc. I NEED a phone. This is a huge disappointment.

    I might be interested in the Droid DLX or DNA, but it is just so big....5" is unnecessary even if it's 1080p....and it's still a rumor anyway. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I suck it up (any why), wait it out (really would rather not), or switch to the dark side and the iPhone 5 (really really don't want to, but it may be my only viable option). Thanks for the help and sorry for the rant, but I can't imagine that I am the only one who is just a bit pissed off.
    dswatson83 and FFR like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    I am perfectly fine with the current offering. although I wish they made a 32 Gb version just to make people like you happy.
    Last edited by still1; 10-29-2012 at 10:34 PM.
  3. #3  
    John-Smith's Avatar

    Posts
    428 Posts
    ROM
    CM 9.1

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by androidfan1479 View Post
    Hey guys. I've had Android since my LG Dare in 2008. Promise I'm not trying to hate or troll or anything here, but I am pretty annoyed at Google right now. I was dying to get the Nexus 4, until I heard it might only have 16GB onboard. Then I found hope in that it was only a rumor, and maybe cloud storage would make okay. Then I realized I can't run apps from a cloud, or listen to music without a data connection (I have 17GB of music alone). Then, Google made my worst nightmares a reality with only 8GB and 16GB options and no expandable storage. Is it too much to ask for 64GB? Even 32? Or a micro sd slot?! I don't care if the price would be higher. I need the space!!!! Then they announced no LTE. WHAT?! Remember the outrage over the iPhone 4 two years ago? That was a bit unjustified, but at this point, not including the latest technology is inexcusable for a flagship Android device. I don't need LTE, but as a marketing move this is the stupidest thing Google could have possibly done. Not to mention, even if I could get over all of this ridiculousness, I have Verizon (and no choice, because I don't pay my bill).

    There is no way this phone will ever be a possibility for me. What am I supposed to do? I currently have a Droid X (the original) and it is a mess. Programs are corrupting (camera only launches 30% of the time, etc.), the screen is starting to fail (black spots in the LCD), the battery is fried, etc. I NEED a phone. This is a huge disappointment.

    I might be interested in the Droid DLX or DNA, but it is just so big....5" is unnecessary even if it's 1080p....and it's still a rumor anyway. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I suck it up (any why), wait it out (really would rather not), or switch to the dark side and the iPhone 5 (really really don't want to, but it may be my only viable option). Thanks for the help and sorry for the rant, but I can't imagine that I am the only one who is just a bit pissed off.
    I'm sorry but I will have to dissect your post a little bit.
    "not including the latest technology is inexcusable for a flagship Android device"

    -Wireless charging technology.. how cool is that?
    -NFC
    -Wireless display technology

    Just to name a few..

    Then you say "I don't need LTE, but as a marketing move this is the stupidest thing Google could have possibly done. "

    I've heard that its because LTE is not really mainstream yet and is a battery hog. I don't need LTE either and don't really care tbh.

    And the MicroSD thing will never change.
    Thanked by 3:
    andyahs likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by John-Smith View Post
    I'm sorry but I will have to dissect your post a little bit.
    "not including the latest technology is inexcusable for a flagship Android device"

    -Wireless charging technology.. how cool is that?
    -NFC
    -Wireless display technology

    Just to name a few..

    Then you say "I don't need LTE, but as a marketing move this is the stupidest thing Google could have possibly done. "

    I've heard that its because LTE is not really mainstream yet and is a battery hog. I don't need LTE either and don't really care tbh.

    And the MicroSD thing will never change.
    NFC ins Android world is nothing new and Wireless display technology is android 4.2 feature and work like Apple's AirPlay
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by John-Smith View Post
    I'm sorry but I will have to dissect your post a little bit.
    "not including the latest technology is inexcusable for a flagship Android device"

    -Wireless charging technology.. how cool is that?
    -NFC
    -Wireless display technology

    Just to name a few..

    Then you say "I don't need LTE, but as a marketing move this is the stupidest thing Google could have possibly done. "

    I've heard that its because LTE is not really mainstream yet and is a battery hog. I don't need LTE either and don't really care tbh.

    And the MicroSD thing will never change.
    Dissect all you want haha. Sure wireless charging is really cool, and I want that. NFC is in its infancy, I can wait 2 years for that if I have to. Wireless display technology has been available for years, I've been doing it with my dad's AppleTv and my 3G iPod Touch for a while now. There isn't much else new except for the software, which is software and therefore likely not exclusive to this phone.
    LTE is definitely mainstream, Verizon almost always has coverage and it is improving every day. It's 10 times faster than 3G!!! Even if it hogs battery, they should've included it and had an option to toggle it on and off.
    Why won't the MicroSD thing change? I mean, I could care less if phones in the future have it or not, as long as they have a decent amount of onboard storage, which this certainly does not.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    If i may say im happy with it as the more i look at it the more it grows on me. When it first was showed as a rumor device i didnt like it. But as time went on it grew on me and im kinda liking it. Sure i wish it was more than 16gb but i find that i can still use the 16gb with no issue. Been using a gnex and no issues.
    LTE would of been great. Super great i think as im all for faster speed with phones. However i can live perfectly fine without it. Sd card i did miss but only for extra storage. Using a galaxy note prior to my nexus there were times that my phone wouldnt load apps i stored on the sd card. Being no sd card on the nexus it starts faster and apps always there.
    I can say i will buy the nexus 4.
    TheUI likes this.
  7. #7  
    TheUI's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    HSPA 42 vs LTE is damn near a moot argument. Also, 16B is entirely doable for me, but I can understand why for some it will be an issue.

    Have you considered the benefits? That price point is evangelical my friend. I know you don't have a say in your carrier, but since I pay my bills, I do and this handset will save me more money than any "specentric" feature ever will, both literally and metaphorically. When I got started as an Android user back in the G1 (no 3.5 headphone jack) era I chose the OS over Apple's offering because of what it could do for me in real life, not on paper. That love affair grew whenever I discovered things like Google Maps blowing the doors off of Garmin and TomTom's dedicated GPS hardware. Google's mobile OS was doing things for me and providing value in a stunning amount of layers.

    Enter the Motorola Atrix and Friends era. Much like myself, people who loved the OG Droid were clamoring to get their hands on Android's first dual core offering from then darling OEM Motorola. Motorola proceeded to molest every enjoyable aspect out of Android that they possible could. I still have a Photon 4G and I will never buy another Motorola product again, and they drove me to trying iOS, which I have used for the last few months.

    Enter the "Nexus No." (4,7,10) era. Value is back in style, and Android is providing it by the spoonful again, with a classy device that will last through updates for at least a year and a half, during which time I will save literally thousands of dollars for having had the honor of enjoying this excellent product. With the money saved there, buying a new Nexus will be a no brainer. Google has won me over again with this announcement because I don't feel like I'm being tricked into the update lottery, rather, I feel like I'm being shown a more efficient way of doing things. And that is value.
    Last edited by OpenShare; 10-29-2012 at 05:52 PM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    HSPA 42 vs LTE is damn near a moot argument. Also, 16B is entirely doable for me, but I can understand why for some it will be an issue.

    Have you considered the benefits? That price point is evangelical my friend. I know you don't have a say in your carrier, but since I pay my bills, I do and this handset will save me more money than any "specentric" feature ever will, both literally and metaphorically. When I got started as an Android user back in the G1 (no 3.5 headphone jack) era I chose the OS over Apple's offering because of what it could do for me in real life, not on paper. That love affair grew whenever I discovered things like Google Maps blowing the doors off of Garmin and TomTom's dedicated GPS hardware. Google's mobile OS was doing things for me and providing value in a stunning amount of layers.

    Enter the Motorola Atrix and Friends era. Much like myself, people who loved the OG Droid were clamoring to get their hands on Android's first dual core offering from it's then darling Motorola. Motorola proceeded to molest every enjoyable aspect out of Android that they possible could. I still have a Photon 4G and I will never buy another Motorola product again, and they drove me to trying iOS, which I have used for the last few months.

    Enter the "Nexus No." (4,7,10) era. Value is back in style, and Android is providing it by the spoonful again, with a classy device that will last through updates for at least a year and a half, during which I will save literally thousands of dollars for having had the honor of enjoying this excellent product. With the money saved there, buying a new Nexus will be a no brainer. Google has won my over again with this announcement because I don't feel like I'm being tricked into the update lottery, rather, I feel like I'm being shown a more efficient way of doing things. And that is value.
    Very well said. I agree 1000%
    Thanked by 2:
    Reno Skyy likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    I think Google made the right choice. By selling at the $299-349 price point clearly shows what a bunch of crooks the carriers are. It's time to force handset bundling away from the carriers and do what was successfully done to the landline business!
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    TheUI's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by pete1118 View Post
    I think Google made the right choice. By selling at the $299-349 price point clearly shows what a bunch of crooks the carriers are. It's time to force handset bundling away from the carriers and do what was successfully done to the landline business!
    This. This was the scuttlebutt during N1 and it is now coming to fruition. Again. This.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,929 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    I said this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating: dollar for dollar, "pound for pound," this is the best Android--and quite possibly the best smartphone--available. How do they meet that price point with 32 gigs? They don't. Probably take a killing on the 8 gig. They'll probably take a slight loss on the 16 gig. You double that to 32 gig and they'd get slaughtered.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and Ichi_Bear like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    HSPA 42 vs LTE is damn near a moot argument. Also, 16B is entirely doable for me, but I can understand why for some it will be an issue.

    Have you considered the benefits? That price point is evangelical my friend. I know you don't have a say in your carrier, but since I pay my bills, I do and this handset will save me more money than any "specentric" feature ever will, both literally and metaphorically. When I got started as an Android user back in the G1 (no 3.5 headphone jack) era I chose the OS over Apple's offering because of what it could do for me in real life, not on paper. That love affair grew whenever I discovered things like Google Maps blowing the doors off of Garmin and TomTom's dedicated GPS hardware. Google's mobile OS was doing things for me and providing value in a stunning amount of layers.

    Enter the Motorola Atrix and Friends era. Much like myself, people who loved the OG Droid were clamoring to get their hands on Android's first dual core offering from then darling OEM Motorola. Motorola proceeded to molest every enjoyable aspect out of Android that they possible could. I still have a Photon 4G and I will never buy another Motorola product again, and they drove me to trying iOS, which I have used for the last few months.

    Enter the "Nexus No." (4,7,10) era. Value is back in style, and Android is providing it by the spoonful again, with a classy device that will last through updates for at least a year and a half, during which I will save literally thousands of dollars for having had the honor of enjoying this excellent product. With the money saved there, buying a new Nexus will be a no brainer. Google has won my over again with this announcement because I don't feel like I'm being tricked into the update lottery, rather, I feel like I'm being shown a more efficient way of doing things. And that is value.
    Okay I admit I underestimated the speed of HSPA+ 42 but still, I am a Verizon customer so it still doesn't help me haha. As for everyone else, LTE is not that important but including it would have at least made Google look a little better in the eyes of people judging the phone on it's features or people who don't know any better. The price is great, don't get me wrong, but it is only unlocked. So, no Verizon, and I am left out in the rain with no option for an upgrade here.
    Lastly, I still hold that 16GB of memory is pathetic. Apps are getting ever bigger, and who the hell wants all of their media online in the cloud? What if I don't have service, am on an airplane, am over my data limit (not always applicable, but still), or just don't feel like waiting for my stuff? I could just use Spotify if I wanted to need a data connection for music. Google is just trying to get people addicted to the cloud so they can charge for storage and make more money, which I understand, but still annoys me. I want my stuff on my phone, and I can fill 16GB on day one with all the media I've accumulated.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    I don't get the people who say 16gb isn't enough storage. I can understand wanting more, but this is a phone, not a laptop. You don't need to store everything on it. 8gb should hold roughly 100+ albums of music on it which would be over 4 days of continuous music playback. After you take a ton of pictures you enjoy don't you upload them or transfer them to your computer? I think a lot of people just want 32gb+ because they want the option, but a lot of them would be completely fine without 32gb.

    I hear a lot of people talking about games taking up a ton of storage on their phones but I have never had that issue either. There are not many games that you can play on a phone that I would be very interested in, and if we're talking about storing PS1 roms on your phone you can still do that. People just need to be weary of how much unused stuff they're loading onto their phones now and some people are lazy.
  14. #14  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,314 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,346 Global Posts

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    I don't get the people who say 16gb isn't enough storage. I can understand wanting more, but this is a phone, not a laptop. You don't need to store everything on it. 8gb should hold roughly 100+ albums of music on it which would be over 4 days of continuous music playback. After you take a ton of pictures you enjoy don't you upload them or transfer them to your computer? I think a lot of people just want 32gb+ because they want the option, but a lot of them would be completely fine without 32gb.

    I hear a lot of people talking about games taking up a ton of storage on their phones but I have never had that issue either. There are not many games that you can play on a phone that I would be very interested in, and if we're talking about storing PS1 roms on your phone you can still do that. People just need to be weary of how much unused stuff they're loading onto their phones now and some people are lazy.
    I never understood the people that needed their entire music collection on their phone.

    But I guess I have that now with Google Music.

    All of my music has been uploaded to the cloud. I've made various playlists. If needed, I just "pin" playlists or specific songs or albums to save them to my phone for offline use. When I don't need them, back to the cloud they go.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    Mac58, paul-c and Rizz1-2 like this.
  15. #15  
    TheUI's Avatar

    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    I don't get the people who say 16gb isn't enough storage. I can understand wanting more, but this is a phone, not a laptop. You don't need to store everything on it. 8gb should hold roughly 100+ albums of music on it which would be over 4 days of continuous music playback. After you take a ton of pictures you enjoy don't you upload them or transfer them to your computer? I think a lot of people just want 32gb+ because they want the option, but a lot of them would be completely fine without 32gb.

    I hear a lot of people talking about games taking up a ton of storage on their phones but I have never had that issue either. There are not many games that you can play on a phone that I would be very interested in, and if we're talking about storing PS1 roms on your phone you can still do that. People just need to be weary of how much unused stuff they're loading onto their phones now and some people are lazy.
    Plus, with Google+ most of your photos are instantly saved in the cloud, are they not?
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  
    John-Smith's Avatar

    Posts
    428 Posts
    ROM
    CM 9.1

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    HSPA 42 vs LTE is damn near a moot argument. Also, 16B is entirely doable for me, but I can understand why for some it will be an issue.

    Have you considered the benefits? That price point is evangelical my friend. I know you don't have a say in your carrier, but since I pay my bills, I do and this handset will save me more money than any "specentric" feature ever will, both literally and metaphorically. When I got started as an Android user back in the G1 (no 3.5 headphone jack) era I chose the OS over Apple's offering because of what it could do for me in real life, not on paper. That love affair grew whenever I discovered things like Google Maps blowing the doors off of Garmin and TomTom's dedicated GPS hardware. Google's mobile OS was doing things for me and providing value in a stunning amount of layers.

    Enter the Motorola Atrix and Friends era. Much like myself, people who loved the OG Droid were clamoring to get their hands on Android's first dual core offering from then darling OEM Motorola. Motorola proceeded to molest every enjoyable aspect out of Android that they possible could. I still have a Photon 4G and I will never buy another Motorola product again, and they drove me to trying iOS, which I have used for the last few months.

    Enter the "Nexus No." (4,7,10) era. Value is back in style, and Android is providing it by the spoonful again, with a classy device that will last through updates for at least a year and a half, during which time I will save literally thousands of dollars for having had the honor of enjoying this excellent product. With the money saved there, buying a new Nexus will be a no brainer. Google has won me over again with this announcement because I don't feel like I'm being tricked into the update lottery, rather, I feel like I'm being shown a more efficient way of doing things. And that is value.
    Excellent post, deserves many likes!
    Thanked by 3:
  17. #17  
    John-Smith's Avatar

    Posts
    428 Posts
    ROM
    CM 9.1

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    Plus, with Google+ most of your photos are instantly saved in the cloud, are they not?
    They are, except at a lower resolution. I use dropbox as well for instant photo uploading, it works great.
    Thanked by:
    TheUI 
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    32GB Nexus 4 list coming, maybe for Christmas or in 2013. They arE doing the same thing they did with Nexus 7. Have a 8GB version, steal headlines with crazy cheap price. After that remove 8gb version, lower 16gb and introduce 32gb. Marketing 101.
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  
    emoeskaite's Avatar

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    I'm not disappointed at all. It's a GREAT deal for $299. Go ahead and spend $650 for an extra SD slot and a removable battery and get S3.. and wait for updates half a year...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Ichi_Bear, TheUI and AbbaiG like this.
  20. #20  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,929 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by emoeskaite View Post
    I'm not disappointed at all. It's a GREAT deal for $299. Go ahead and spend $650 for an extra SD slot and a removable battery and get S3.. and wait for updates half a year...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Storage and LTE aside, this thing smokes the GS3 in every conceivable fashion--internals, software, screen, etc.
    Thanked by 2:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by androidfan1479 View Post
    Dissect all you want haha. Sure wireless charging is really cool, and I want that. NFC is in its infancy, I can wait 2 years for that if I have to. Wireless display technology has been available for years, I've been doing it with my dad's AppleTv and my 3G iPod Touch for a while now. There isn't much else new except for the software, which is software and therefore likely not exclusive to this phone.
    LTE is definitely mainstream, Verizon almost always has coverage and it is improving every day. It's 10 times faster than 3G!!! Even if it hogs battery, they should've included it and had an option to toggle it on and off.
    Why won't the MicroSD thing change? I mean, I could care less if phones in the future have it or not, as long as they have a decent amount of onboard storage, which this certainly does not.
    Yeah LTE is mainstream but the technology used behind the carriers are different. Europe vs US, ATT vs Verizon vs Sprint. They run on a different band, and in order for them to out LTE in they would have to make seperate models.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    U realize this phone is about 2/3 to 1/2 the price of every other phone out right now and will blow them out of the water? Lte shouldn't matter for GSM users that much. I get 6-10mbps download on my hspa+ note and then when I'm at home I'm on wifi. If ur willing to drop $300+ for SD card slot and LTE then go for it. Like stated above pound for pound this will out due any phone out now and will be keeping up for a long while

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    TheUI likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Storage and LTE aside, this thing smokes the GS3 in every conceivable fashion--internals, software, screen, etc.
    I agree. I may leave sprint for this phone within a month. The reason I love this phone is because google can come out with one every year and I can afford to buy one at 350!! Sell my old one for $100. Spend 250 every year for a brand new Nexus!!
  24. #24  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,929 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post
    I agree. I may leave sprint for this phone within a month. The reason I love this phone is because google can come out with one every year and I can afford to buy one at 350!! Sell my old one for $100. Spend 250 every year for a brand new Nexus!!
    Yup. I'm contemplating selling my Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) and using the amazing amount of times I've called and complained to them (and requested and received replacements) as a means of getting out of the ETF.

    We'll see, however.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Am I the only disappointed Android user here? The Nexus 4 let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by OpenShare View Post
    Have you considered the benefits? That price point is evangelical my friend. I know you don't have a say in your carrier, but since I pay my bills, I do and this handset will save me more money than any "specentric" feature ever will, both literally and metaphorically.
    Out of curiosity, how does the nexus save you money when you pay full price + carrier fees compared to subsidized phone + same carrier fees?
    Thanked by:
    FFR 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Potential Android user here!
    By ctt1wbw in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 02:58 PM
  2. New Android user here
    By Kerti#AC in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 12:23 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
  4. Recommend apps to other android users in the Market?
    By rexpencoe in forum Market Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 10:47 PM
  5. Greetings, new Android user here!
    By Rat A Tat in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions