Do you think verizon will get the new nexus?

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I see how it is an advantage for google, having the faster updates with only HSPA+ devices, but its also a disadvantage. If the nexus 4 doesnt come to verizon thats eliminating the biggest cell carrier! How do they think it will compete with the iphone if they dont offer it on verizon?! We all saw how this turned out with the iphone a few years ago, and now its in such high demand all carriers need it. Also, i understand that google thinks that the LTE isnt powerful enough yet, but the general public doesnt know that? People are going to see either a shiny nexus without a feature, and a shiny razr with a feature and pick the razr. I love google, but their financial marketing tactics are way off. I love how they care about their phones and the people, but they seriously need to do what the public demands, because 90% of the cell phone buyers are not as tech savvy as the people here at android central. Google needs to start appealing to the average consumer, and not just to the nerds. (No offense fellow android centrallers haha). Apple has this mastered, and look at how great the iphone has been doing.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure they know what they r doing even if it seems a bit odd. But I think other people have asked this and the answer was that it was too troublesome for the phone to work on verizon. But I'm not sure on the details. I was just skimming through threads. Anyway in don't think it will be on Verizon anytime soon T-mo is the only one getting it so far.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I see how it is an advantage for google, having the faster updates with only HSPA+ devices, but its also a disadvantage. If the nexus 4 doesnt come to verizon thats eliminating the biggest cell carrier! How do they think it will compete with the iphone if they dont offer it on verizon?! We all saw how this turned out with the iphone a few years ago, and now its in such high demand all carriers need it. Also, i understand that google thinks that the LTE isnt powerful enough yet, but the general public doesnt know that? People are going to see either a shiny nexus without a feature, and a shiny razr with a feature and pick the razr. I love google, but their financial marketing tactics are way off. I love how they care about their phones and the people, but they seriously need to do what the public demands, because 90% of the cell phone buyers are not as tech savvy as the people here at android central. Google needs to start appealing to the average consumer, and not just to the nerds. (No offense fellow android centrallers haha). Apple has this mastered, and look at how great the iphone has been doing.

Google doesn't need to cater to non nerds since they have a half dozen phone makers that do that for them. They did am awesome job giving a great phone at an amazing price and no doubt people will buy it.

The reason there isn't lte has been stated plenty of times.... its not an open platform. They need carrier support for that and clearly this round they decided to bypass carriers altogether.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
It would be good for Verizon to get the Nexus 4 BUT Verizon is the only one to blame for not getting it. Why? Well in a nut shell, Verizon needs to control every aspect of their devices and the Nexus devices goes against this. Just look at how long it took the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to get Jellybean while GSM devices were able to upgrade right away. Google frowns on such an interference with a device that they tout as free from carrier interference and Verizon doesn't play nice.

BTW if it were up to Verizon, they would probably slap a Verizon logo on the front and back of the Nexus 4. Look what they did to the Galaxy Note 2, a Verizon logon right on the home button SMH.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Google doesn't need to cater to non nerds since they have a half dozen phone makers that do that for them. They did am awesome job giving a great phone at an amazing price and no doubt people will buy it.

The reason there isn't lte has been stated plenty of times.... its not an open platform. They need carrier support for that and clearly this round they decided to bypass carriers altogether.

It will be available on T-Mobile

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It will be available on T-Mobile

Yes but I don't think its a t mobile device. Simply them selling the unlocked version. So Google doesn't need to change anything about it like they would need to do with Verizon.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in luck since I just switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and then I found out nexus will be available soon :)

Ditto....well I went from sprint to t mobile. Can't wait to get this phone. Hope they have the stock for the onslaught of orders.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the google play store will sell out pretty quick but I wont be pre-ordering the phone..

on another note, I am also from Florida. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair