Verizon Nexus 4 without LTE?!

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I want a Nexus but I'm on Verizon . I know this new Nexus is GSM but looking at the Freq for 3G and Voice it looks like they run on the same freq but I don't know much about it. Would it be possible to buy a new GSM Nexus and run it on Big Red without LTE? I don't use much data just a crap ton of wifi so I don't care about 4G speeds.... thanks in advance.
Anonamoose

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I want a Nexus but I'm on Verizon . I know this new Nexus is GSM but looking at the Freq for 3G and Voice it looks like they run on the same freq but I don't know much about it. Would it be possible to buy a new GSM Nexus and run it on Big Red without LTE? I don't use much data just a crap ton of wifi so I don't care about 4G speeds.... thanks in advance.
Anonamoose

Nope, not possible. Two different types of technology.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 4 doesn't have a CDMA radio. This will never happen. Go GSM or you don't get a Nexus 4.

If you don't care about LTE then there's little reason to stick with Verizon when there are cheaper alternatives.

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 4 doesn't have a CDMA radio. This will never happen. Go GSM or you don't get a Nexus 4.

If you don't care about LTE then there's little reason to stick with Verizon when there are cheaper alternatives.

Ah thanks. Where my wife and I live its Big Red or bust. I don't like traveling 4 miles off the highway and losing a signal with T-Mobile and att&t here . Shame really I was hoping since same freq I'd be OK