Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP Stable

Default Verizon Nexus 4 without LTE?!

I want a Nexus but I'm on Verizon . I know this new Nexus is GSM but looking at the Freq for 3G and Voice it looks like they run on the same freq but I don't know much about it. Would it be possible to buy a new GSM Nexus and run it on Big Red without LTE? I don't use much data just a crap ton of wifi so I don't care about 4G speeds.... thanks in advance.
    Anonamoose

Default Re: Verizon Nexus 4 without LTE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamoose View Post
    I want a Nexus but I'm on Verizon . I know this new Nexus is GSM but looking at the Freq for 3G and Voice it looks like they run on the same freq but I don't know much about it. Would it be possible to buy a new GSM Nexus and run it on Big Red without LTE? I don't use much data just a crap ton of wifi so I don't care about 4G speeds.... thanks in advance.
    Anonamoose
    Nope, not possible. Two different types of technology.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Verizon Nexus 4 without LTE?!

The Nexus 4 doesn't have a CDMA radio. This will never happen. Go GSM or you don't get a Nexus 4.

If you don't care about LTE then there's little reason to stick with Verizon when there are cheaper alternatives.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP Stable

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Martonik View Post
    The Nexus 4 doesn't have a CDMA radio. This will never happen. Go GSM or you don't get a Nexus 4.

If you don't care about LTE then there's little reason to stick with Verizon when there are cheaper alternatives.
    Ah thanks. Where my wife and I live its Big Red or bust. I don't like traveling 4 miles off the highway and losing a signal with T-Mobile and att&t here . Shame really I was hoping since same freq I'd be OK