So who's jumping to the Nexus 4?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Title. :D If so, what are you dropping to get it? I'm tempted to drop my HOX for it, but I don't have any money handy at the moment. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not in a huge hurry to pick this up. Will probably wait on my Verizon contact to expire before getting one on T-mobile

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for the white one and seeing if the N4 launch smoothly unlike the N7 launch. I plan to order the play store but won't be first to buy after I went through with the N7. Lol I will pre-order or buy on launch day the next time around when I know Google won't have any problems with the launch.

If white one is out before Christmas then I will sell my Verizon upgrade on eBay. The VZW iPhone 5 16GB is going over $800 so easily be able to pay the early termination fee at least. I might have extra cash depending if at end November people still throwing over $800 for iPhone 5 on eBay.

Nov 13 the N4 is releases
Nov 17 is when able to upgrade
Several days before black Friday if I am able to get an iPhone 5 before black Friday on eBay I should get even more cash out the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ptrm

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After researching a bit more I concluded I will be getting it first day. The only thing I don't like about it is the headphone jack at the top but besides that it's phenomenal for the price.

Matotosh

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy S3 two days ago on a Sprint Contract with Updated Jellybean.
However... I would prefer to get the Nexus4 because of the price...

I don't mind being on Contract paying 95 a month, but I'd prefer to buy a Pure Android Device for 350 and pay 30 a month for Unlimited HSPA+42 on T-Mobile.

But I have to pay the activation fee and whatever I used for these two days... which will most likely amount to about 100$
Worth it not being on contract though lol

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to add it to my stable of phones. Especially for that price. Interested to see what LG did with the phone, in person.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
After researching a bit more I concluded I will be getting it first day. The only thing I don't like about it is the headphone jack at the top but besides that it's phenomenal for the price.

i really like the headphone on top. if it was at botton i would have made a similar post like you... well, i guess not everyone can be made happy.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Getting it day one. I don't care if they lower the prize by Christmas, it's still the best offer out there. Besides is just a phone to hold me until the next wave of next year devices.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Getting it day one. I don't care if they lower the prize by Christmas, it's still the best offer out there. Besides is just a phone to hold me until the next wave of next year devices.

I highly doubt this phone will go much lower if any at all. The GN never budged at all and that had more support than just the play store. The only possibility I might see would be a retailer that ends up not having tax and offers free shipping. But other than that I don't think we will see it under the $299/$349 price point. JMO.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Quick question... if I get this, can I just remove the microSIM from my HOX, pop it into the Nexus and use it straight away? Sorry if it's a noob question. Btw, I'm on AT&T. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Quick question... if I get this, can I just remove the microSIM from my HOX, pop it into the Nexus and use it straight away? Sorry if it's a noob question. Btw, I'm on AT&T. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

Yup, you sure can.

The only thing you may need to change is the APN settings to get MMS to work properly.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Well they can always discontinue the 8GB version and have the 16GB at 299$ and a 32GB version at 349$. But I never have music in my phones, just pictures and apps.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, you sure can.

The only thing you may need to change is the APN settings to get MMS to work properly.

Well, MMS is blocked on my line (Thanks, Mom! :banghead: ) so besides that, any other quick mods I should do to make sure everything runs fine?

Sent from my HTC One X

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, MMS is blocked on my line (Thanks, Mom! :banghead: ) so besides that, any other quick mods I should do to make sure everything runs fine?

Sent from my HTC One X

U can get pics through yo gmail without MMS charges

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting one when it's avaliable. When my Iphone 5 sells on Ebay I will almost be able to get both the Nexus 4 and 10.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm picking this up for sure....the 16GB version of course. Dropping my beloved HTC Evo 4G on Sprint which has served me well. Time to step it up though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22