Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default White Nexus 4

White N4
    White Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1351557454568.jpg
    4:15-4:18
    The white version of the N4 seem to appear as a tease in this video. You can say it's the intense bright light but the problem with that is the edges are a matte gray would not reflect completely white. I am just crossing my fingers.Plus why did they make that shot so particular short and then when you get full look of the device they cut away as well they show N4 mutiple times before and after on that same table where N4 is easily visible.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Thanked by:
    zero neck likes this.

Default Re: White Nexus 4

We've seen absolutely nothing other than a single inventory shot (that was likely just put up preliminarily with no information) that there will be a white version of this device. Google isn't going to sanction a news site to leak out or "tease" a white version in a video. It's likely that there will never be a white version of the Nexus 4.

I seriously think that it's the lighting and the use of a table thats lit from below that makes it appear as though the back of the device is white.

But hey, could be wrong. I'll go enjoy my Nexus 4 while people wait for the white unicorn one to come out later .
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They exist in white, I can tell you that. I have no clue if they will come to market though.
    Thanked by 4:
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I hope they sell a white version just to have something different for a change.
    Thanked by:

I really hope they do decide to sell the white version too. That way if I buy one for my wife also we will be able to tell out phones apart easily. We have had identical phones before and it is a pain to tell them apart until her phone starts to get scratched up. She is not as gentle on her phones as I am and she likes to let our kids play with hers.
    ... but I still miss WebOS

Quote Originally Posted by Slow_S10 View Post
    I really hope they do decide to sell the white version too. That way if I buy one for my wife also we will be able to tell out phones apart easily. We have had identical phones before and it is a pain to tell them apart until her phone starts to get scratched up. She is not as gentle on her phones as I am and she likes to let our kids play with hers.
    Sounds like exactly what she needs is an all glass phone!

As far as the white goes, I'm a bit disappointed its back only and they can't make a whole white phone. Seems weird to have a unibody device that is 2 tone, idk maybe I'm wrong in that thinking.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Well she has gotten better. She pretty much destroyed her EVO shift in less than a year so when I upgraded to a GSII I gave her my old EVO 4G as a replacement, and after using that one for almost a year it is more or less still fairly intact and functional. I would have no problem getting her a N4 especially since the Evo 4g is getting pretty long in the tooth. Besides if she breaks her new phone she would be going back to the Evo, and that alone should be incentive enough for her to take really good care of it.

Well she has gotten better. She pretty much destroyed her EVO shift in less than a year so when I upgraded to a GSII I gave her my old EVO 4G as a replacement, and after using that one for almost a year it is more or less still fairly intact and functional. I would have no problem getting her a N4 especially since the Evo 4g is getting pretty long in the tooth. Besides if she breaks her new phone she would be going back to the Evo, and that alone should be incentive enough for her to take really good care of it.
    Are you planning on moving carriers or just praying Sprint ends up getting it? Because idk how she will go back to Evo if you guys are on GSM side of things.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    Sounds like exactly what she needs is an all glass phone!

As far as the white goes, I'm a bit disappointed its back only and they can't make a whole white phone. Seems weird to have a unibody device that is 2 tone, idk maybe I'm wrong in that thinking.
    The back and sides will white because Google likes the jet black on front when the screen is off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by Woosh View Post
    Are you planning on moving carriers or just praying Sprint ends up getting it? Because idk how she will go back to Evo if you guys are on GSM side of things.
    Lol, yeah I am thinking about switching to another carrier, I just had a brain fart. But hey, all the more reason for that threat to carry weight with her.

" Well here is your old phone back since you broke your new one. It doesn't actually have service anymore... so have fun with that"

Hmm. I wonder if we still have her old T Mobile phone laying around somewhere, back from when we got maried and switched to a family plan on Sprint. Which was like 6 years ago.

Lol, yeah I am thinking about switching to another carrier, I just had a brain fart. But hey, all the more reason for that threat to carry weight with her.

" Well here is your old phone back since you broke your new one. It doesn't actually have service anymore... so have fun with that"

Hmm. I wonder if we still have her old T Mobile phone laying around somewhere, back from when we got maried and switched to a family plan on Sprint. Which was like 6 years ago.
    You sir, are a great husband! I would suggest getting some insurance on it though, I never insure my phones but this one will get some.

Yeah I kid, but in reality for her I would probably either find a way to insure the phone, or at the very least get a good screen protector and a nice thick case for it. But honestly just using an old phone as a backup in case something happens to the current one has been my "insurance policy" for so long that I didn't even give it a second thought when I first mentioned that.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

I need two white ones; for my mom and my gf..... women.... i like us all having the same phone.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

White Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1353390485674.jpg
    I noticed on carphonewarehouse.com they got rid of white Nexus 4 option I wonder what that means?

I would hate to settle for black version but their no clear sign the white N4 exists or is coming anytime soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 11-20-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Right now I'd be satisfied if the nexus 4 was available in the playstore in any colour!
    zero neck and zwj1234 like this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Everytime app force closes on my Thunderbolt my patiences grows thin.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    if the front is black i'm not sure it would be worth it. kinda makes no sense. (to me)

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    mclarryjr likes this.

Its just a matter of time to find out if it occurs or not.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Release a white, 32GB N4 and you have my money ala Fry =D

I'd consider waiting for a white Nexus 4 instead of getting the Nexus 4 black. Never really cared for black phones so if Google releases a white/silver model I am all for it.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    if the front is black i'm not sure it would be worth it. kinda makes no sense. (to me)
    the front is still black on the white variant.
    Google it.
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    I liked the white Nexus S, GN and N7 with the black front. For me the black front and white looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    Hell yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Its just a matter of time to find out if it occurs or not.
    No, its matter my patiences.

Quote Originally Posted by graze81 View Post
    Release a white, 32GB N4 and you have my money ala Fry =D
    White 16GB is fine with me but I will take a limited 32GB white version though.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just hope we get white version in the states soon. We had to wait two months after the UK got White GN in February. Unfornately I going to be pissed if the Play Store doesn't get a white model. I am not going pay any more for white model storage is the same.

Solve
    Answer
    ______
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    the front is still black on the white variant.
    how about the sides and the chrome-looking border?

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast