Nexus 4 Pre Order Time on Nov 14th/Estimates for demand?

alohamade

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

It's my first time here on Android Central and I'm glad that I could come to a forum with such expertise. I'm going to make the jump from my iPhone 4S to a Nexus 4 and I'm very hyped about it! What I'm wondering is, what time you guys expect the Nexus 4 to be available to order on November 13th? Did the Nexus 7/Galaxy Nexus have any sort of 12:01 AM on that day that was up for pre orders, or did Google just open it at like 8 AM PT? Also, what do you guys feel like the demand will be like for this device?

Thank you!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

I am not sure of the time, i am gonna guess it will be 12:01 but we shall see (and someone will chime in). They will have enough supply to meet demand that is for sure. A lot of people are gonna like this phone but I do not think you are going to have a great pre-order issue.

SpenceJonas

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering this same thing actually.

I'd figure it would go on sale at 12 PT, so that would mean for 3 AM here in PA. Hopefully that's not the case though. Might have to give them customer service a call to find out : )

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
usually when google give deals in play store they start at the afternoon Central Time. they usually flip the deals at the same time.

so i would guess 11am or 12 pm

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!

It's my first time here on Android Central and I'm glad that I could come to a forum with such expertise. I'm going to make the jump from my iPhone 4S to a Nexus 4 and I'm very hyped about it! What I'm wondering is, what time you guys expect the Nexus 4 to be available to order on November 13th? Did the Nexus 7/Galaxy Nexus have any sort of 12:01 AM on that day that was up for pre orders, or did Google just open it at like 8 AM PT? Also, what do you guys feel like the demand will be like for this device?

Thank you!

Wish I knew pre order time as well, I'd hate to stay up till 3AM just to find out they don't go on sale till 8 when I have to work the next day. I'm hoping they open up pre orders soon personally, it would give them a good feel for the demand they have for the device.

But I'd say demand is fairly high, idk if its enough for them to sell out in minutes though. I would hope they will have sufficient stock for early adopters.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
First off is it confirmed to have a preorder date? I thought i was just gonna release on release day.
I really hope it isnt a time where I'm at school. I'd much rather it be a 12:01 AM on Tuesday or something. Knowing Google it'll probably be at some random time in the day. Sigh. I want this phone on release.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I won't wait up all night for this. I believe it will be no different to ordering it in the morning. + I don't have a credit card so I will have slim to none chance of going to my sisters house to get her to order it!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
First off is it confirmed to have a preorder date? I thought i was just gonna release on release day.
I really hope it isnt a time where I'm at school. I'd much rather it be a 12:01 AM on Tuesday or something. Knowing Google it'll probably be at some random time in the day. Sigh. I want this phone on release.

There's no indication right now that there's a pre-order. At this point, we're looking at the order page going live at some point on Nov 13.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't Google actually launch the orders before the release? After all the phone is supposed to be released November 12th, but if you order November 12th it could still take up to a week until you actually receive the phone (at least here in Germany it states a 3-5 days delivery).
I am curious about how Google handled these kinds of things in the past?

Edit: Of course I mean November 13th not 12th. :)

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I really hope the order page doesn't just go live on Nov 13 but that seems like it is going to be the case at this point. Why google wouldn't accept pre orderes and get a jump start on getting ready for the launch is a mystery to me.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the google experience, but why didnt announce phones, and then start taking orders the following week? Why wait 2 weeks?

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Their will be such a high demand for an affordable phone like this, you may pay for 2 day shipping but it will come a week later because of the high demand for this phone, and be lucky you get it a week later, why, because if Google advertised this phone mainstream for this price, their would be a 2 week wait for it to arrive :) Everybody with GSM would want one.:-$

hfm

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
The page seems very specific about it:
"Coming soon!
Available for purchase on Tuesday, Nov. 13th"

But then again, what time? :) I would bank on Midnight PST since Google is in California.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking much less demand than the GN

Very very unlikely. When the GN released it was not $350, when it dropped to $350 there is no doubt Google had a surge of orders from ppl who wanted a good phone at a budget price. Now that they are starting with that price they will no doubt sell lots of these. I'm fairly certain it'll outsell the GN. Most certainly the initial launch will.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Very very unlikely. When the GN released it was not $350, when it dropped to $350 there is no doubt Google had a surge of orders from ppl who wanted a good phone at a budget price. Now that they are starting with that price they will no doubt sell lots of these. I'm fairly certain it'll outsell the GN. Most certainly the initial launch will.

True...forgot about the better price.