Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 1675
Like Tree505Likes
  1. #401  
    ctfrommn's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    ROM
    Evervolv JB

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by khuzema View Post
    can anybody please tell me , based on their experience,, how many months or years the default battery of such a super phone lasts, as it will not have replaceable battery , as i want to use it at least for 1 yr,
    Ive had mine for nearly 3 years, charge it each day and have never had an issue.
    Thanked by:
    khuzema likes this.
  2. #402  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Point taken.

    Phil, I actually don't see much "chrome" on the case in the press pics ... looks like there's only a very thin line of trim between the front bezel and the actual screen glass. (And apparently the nexus" logo on the back.) Does it catch the light when you're handling it? Bright, or kinda subtle? Like it?

    ... Not a question, but something I'd like to see in your review. Specs lists the front camera as "1.3 MP 720p video." Woah ... unlike the N7, it will record 720p video from the front (1080p out the back for those who're wondering)! Wonder if that hi-res video will show up in Google+ Talk / Hangouts....
    It's looks like we will have to wait for the review to see if our questions are answered.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  3. #403  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by phor11 View Post
    Hey Phil,
    The S4 Pro SoC that's used in the Nexus4 is supposed to have an integrated LTE radio on-chip correct?
    Correct. This is the most important feature that nobody is talking about......The MSM8960T SoC supports both LTE and EV-DO. There are other devices on (or coming to) Verizon that use the MSM8960T (HTC DLX/Droid DNA). Hopefully that means we will see the Nexus4 capable of running on VZW's network sometime soon. Fingers crossed.

    I'll wait a couple months for them to double the storage, just like they did for the Nexus 7. I'm hoping by that time they've enabled the LTE radios on the device as well. An unlocked, unsubsidized, 32GB Nexus 4 with VZW LTE for $349??? TAKE MY $$$!

    Qualcomm SoC Spec Sheet (PDF)
    Last edited by TrivialTweeter; 10-31-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    BB 8320>G1>BB 8900>BB 9700>G2>Nexus S>Droid Charge>Droid Bionic>Droid RAZR>Galaxy Nexus>GE Galaxy S4
  4. #404  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by asianrage View Post
    I've had cases where my phone won't wake up and I had to pull the battery....
    or press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the phone will reboot.

    all non removable battery device have this. nexus 7 for example.
  5. #405  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Someone asked this a ways back but there was no answer from Phil (or Panda) -- Does the N4 do WiFi calling on T-Mobile? This is a critical issue for me as I live in a very poor coverage area. Currently on Sprint with an Airave at home.

    Thanks
  6. #406  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by khuzema View Post
    can anybody please tell me , based on their experience,, how many months or years the default battery of such a super phone lasts, as it will not have replaceable battery , as i want to use it at least for 1 yr,
    watch this. this is the exact battery used in nexus 4

    Thanked by 5:
    Aikuchidisqjab0321khuzemaS_C_B 
    mao mao and Aikuchi like this.
  7. #407  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    or press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the phone will reboot.

    all non removable battery device have this. nexus 7 for example.
    In fact, all the devices.
    Even with removable battery

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #408  
    sidamos's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
    In fact, all the devices.
    Even with removable battery
    No, the GNex won't reboot by just holding the power button 10s.
    Thanked by:
  9. #409  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    press volume down + power button at the same time. i hope you are using nexus because that's the default. very few phones have a bit different setup

    On the Asus Transformer Tablet it's hold the recent app key down.

    Hello All, first post here come for Nexus 4 info. Currently have a Samsung Nexus S been looking to get the Samsung Nexus but have waited so long for price to drop that Nexus 4 has arrived at a cheaper price 279 versus 293.30 on Amazon, so good luck to those retailers that have a bunch of them to shift.

    Question, does the Nexus 4 have a good and quick GPS fix? Nexus S could take a minute or so then lose fix if you locked screen or changed to a different app very frustrating for a google maps junkie.
  10. #410  

    Exclamation Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Can you PLEASE PLEASE check for GLONASS support?

    Glonass makes a huge difference in gps precision, especially if you are living up north!
    Right now the entire Scandinavian android community are waiting for info on glonass support on the Nexus 4.
    Please download "gps test" and check if there are any satellites numbered between 65-96! Those would be glonass satellites!

    I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.-glonass-vs-gps.jpg

    (pictured above are screenshots from gps test, with a glonass phone on the left and non-glonass on the right)

    Thanks!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #411  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,974 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,141 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkyape View Post
    Can you PLEASE PLEASE check for GLONASS support?

    Glonass makes a huge difference in gps precision, especially if you are living up north!
    Right now the entire Scandinavian android community are waiting for info on glonass support on the Nexus 4.
    Please download "gps test" and check if there are any satellites numbered between 65-96! Those would be glonass satellites!

    Thanks!
    I'm in Florida, mind you.
    I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.-2012-10-31-16.33.45.png
    Thanked by 6:
    Inkyape likes this.
  12. #412  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Any estimated time frame on when you'll be posting the review? I've asked about audio quality through the headphone jack a couple times now and haven't gotten an answer, so I'm guessing that's something you'll cover in the review. Thanks!
  13. #413  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    BIG thanks, Phil! I
    GLONASS : CONFIRMED!

    :-D
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #414  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,974 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,141 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Phil, I actually don't see much "chrome" on the case in the press pics ... looks like there's only a very thin line of trim between the front bezel and the actual screen glass. (And apparently the nexus" logo on the back.) Does it catch the light when you're handling it? Bright, or kinda subtle? Like it?
    It's lighter, and shiny, but I don't know if I'd call it chrome in the traditional sense.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #415  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,974 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,141 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by jtc276 View Post
    Any estimated time frame on when you'll be posting the review? I've asked about audio quality through the headphone jack a couple times now and haven't gotten an answer, so I'm guessing that's something you'll cover in the review. Thanks!
    When it's ready. I'm trying to write and still help out here without overstepping. Patience, please.
    hynden likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #416  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,974 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,141 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyKong View Post
    Question, does the Nexus 4 have a good and quick GPS fix? Nexus S could take a minute or so then lose fix if you locked screen or changed to a different app very frustrating for a google maps junkie.
    I've seen nothing out of the ordinary
    Thanked by:
  17. #417  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    watch this. this is the exact battery used in nexus 4

    does charging your phone before it gets low increase the lifespan? Is it better to charge it more frequently so it doesn't fully discharge as often?
  18. #418  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    They wouldn't ship laggy.
    Not sure if serious, or /s.
  19. #419  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    that thing is horrid
  20. #420  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Can we call it the "Edward Cullen phone"?
  21. #421  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    How does the build feel compared to the Galaxy Nexus?
  22. #422  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Phil (thanks for doing this!),

    1. What's your thoughts on the lock screen pages? To me it seems to negate any "security" at all, since now without knowing the passcode you can see the person's emails, texts, etc.

    2. How's the screen compare to: iPhone 5, HTC One X, Galaxy S3

    3. Can you post a speed test?

    4. Can you do the following and report how it seems? On the homescreen of an iphone, swipe your finger back and forth as fast as you can and note how much lag (or lack of a lag) there is in the in the icon movements relative to your finger then do the same on the Nexus 4's app drawer

    5. Can you use a few apps on the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 4 side-by-side and report how the two phones compare?

    Thanks!
  23. #423  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    No, the GNex won't reboot by just holding the power button 10s.
    I never had gnex.
    All my other devices do that (even sgs1)

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #424  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    It's lighter, and shiny, but I don't know if I'd call it chrome in the traditional sense.
    Will the chrome accents collect scratches easily and flake or chip?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  25. #425  

    Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Will the chrome accents collect scratches easily and flake or chip?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

    Bueller. Bueller. Bueller.
    ChromeJob likes this.
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I've got an HTC One X, you have questions ... FIRE AWAY!
    By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
  2. Would you rather have the Nexus S 4g?
    By joebarkho in forum HTC Evo Shift 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 04:02 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 08:33 AM
  4. Replies: 412
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:45 PM
  5. IF you don't have your Nexus One...
    By MRGQ in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Posting Permissions