Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree505Likes

Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.percival View Post
    hey guy, this isnt necessarily for phil, but a general android question. this will be my first android device, always been a bb user. this is the right price point for me and want to try out a new device incase bb10 flops. i will be ordering nov 13th, which i have no problem getting it set up or anything like that. my question is if i want to start buying apps now in the google play store, will i have to re-buy them on my phone? soo basically if i buy a app will it be on all my devices? (may buy a nexus 7 as well) i would appreciate the help, sorry for slowing down the discussion. excited to be here and see all the hype my buddies have been telling me about!
    You can buy apps now using your Gmail account, all the apps will be bound to your gmail so no you won't have to rebuy them, will be able to use them on multiple devices. you will just have to sync the same email with all your devices.

Great thing about android is if the stock browser has a bug in it that is making it go slow you can go to google play and download a free browser that is fast and is not buggy. The chrome thing should be fixed. Remember all these reviews and info coming out now are based on pre-release versions of android 4.2. There should be an update coming out before nexus 4 is released to iron out bugs.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.percival View Post
    hey guy, this isnt necessarily for phil, but a general android question. this will be my first android device, always been a bb user. this is the right price point for me and want to try out a new device incase bb10 flops. i will be ordering nov 13th, which i have no problem getting it set up or anything like that. my question is if i want to start buying apps now in the google play store, will i have to re-buy them on my phone? soo basically if i buy a app will it be on all my devices? (may buy a nexus 7 as well) i would appreciate the help, sorry for slowing down the discussion. excited to be here and see all the hype my buddies have been telling me about!
    yes, If you buy for example 10 apps from google account #1. you can add it to as many device as you want and all those 10 apps will be available for you to use.

Quote Originally Posted by vietmode View Post
    You can buy apps now using your Gmail account, all the apps will be bound to your gmail so no you won't have to rebuy them, will be able to use them on multiple devices. you will just have to sync the same email with all your devices.
    thank you very much, i appreciate the answer, sums everything up for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    yes, If you buy for example 10 apps from google account #1. you can add it to as many device as you want and all those 10 apps will be available for you to use.
    thanks for the reply
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    How is the battery life compared to the iPhone 5 (which I have now).
    Also why don't they include earbuds? I use podcasts now, do they have something similar?
    Battery life is a lil better than the Iphone 5 by about 15%.. I dont have one but side by side use on a recent trip the 4 lasted longer but I was on ATT hspa while she was on att lte..

Earbuds are something that normally users have and to keep the cost down they werent included... also LG makes really crappy throw in headphones and you wouldnt want those..
    I use an app called BEYONDPOD.. its in the market and I enjoy it. Its part RSS reader as well as Podcast player.. its a couple of bucks but there are free ones as well..

Panda
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x

Quote Originally Posted by masterpfa View Post
    I may be wrong here but this is a feature I have only seen on HTC and in Sense
    Nope. Gmail and stock JB email allows multi-select with tap-hold as well as tick boxes.

(edit)

Just read in the QSG that you can switch "airplane mode" from the lock screen. Ex-cellent!
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 11-04-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Can you rate the display quality of Nexus 4 Vs. Lumia 920 Vs. One X on a scale of 10?
    How's the signal and call quality compared to Lumia 920 and Galaxy S3?
    How's LG's signal and call quality in general?

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    Battery life is a lil better than the Iphone 5 by about 15%.. I dont have one but side by side use on a recent trip the 4 lasted longer but I was on ATT hspa while she was on att lte..

Earbuds are something that normally users have and to keep the cost down they werent included... also LG makes really crappy throw in headphones and you wouldnt want those..
    I use an app called BEYONDPOD.. its in the market and I enjoy it. Its part RSS reader as well as Podcast player.. its a couple of bucks but there are free ones as well..

Panda
    How do I find out what podcasts I can get?

Quote Originally Posted by am12976 View Post
    Can you rate the display quality of Nexus 4 Vs. Lumia 920 Vs. One X on a scale of 10?
    How's the signal and call quality compared to Lumia 920 and Galaxy S3?
    How's LG's signal and call quality in general?
    phil on the android podcast mentioned that the screen of Nexus 4 is close to One X. its a tough competition.
    clearly One X beat Lumia in screen. so its just a relative comparison.

How is the battery life? Engadget in its review said battery life was pretty bad. I think a comparison to iPhone or S3 would help many of us out.

sorry its probably been asked already but I don't feel like sifting through 31 pages.

Phil is it possible you could post speed tests on tmobile 42Mbps HSPA+ network?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    It's not coming with LTE. Period. Maybe later, but not now. And I care about now.

Is it worth $350 unlocked, off contract? You'd better believe it.
    Soooooooo, there could be an LTE version coming out soon? What are the rumors? With my Verizon contract up at the end of this month, I was hoping to finally get my hands on a Nexus phone. I currently have a Thunderbolt and could hold on to that for a little longer, especially if I can get my hands on an LTE Verizon Nexus 4.

I really had my heart set on that. But if there won't be one, then maybe a Note 2 or SIII. Could do a Razr HD or unannounced HTC DNA. Or maybe find a cheap GNex and play with that for a year. I am not looking to spend more then $300 on a phone (Probably more in the range of $200).

Oh, what to do? What to do?

There are no rumors. It's a GSM phone like Phil said, it isn't coming to Verizon as it stands.

If your contract is up... Why not look at getting a GSM phone and switching? Is LTE that important?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011
    ChromeJob likes this.

On google play it says that the Nexus 4 has slimport HDMI under their connectivity section, however I have not seen any reviewers speak about this. Is their in fact slimport HDMI out or is this a typo on the Nexus page? Thanks!
    https://play.google.com/store/device...d=nexus_4_16gb

Does anyone know how the new "airplay" feature on the Nexus 4 work? (connect the Nexus 4 to the TV wirelessly I believe)
    I owned a Mytouch 4G (this thing is like 2 years old already) which has a feature called "Screenshare" that let you wirelessly play videos and pics to your TV through DLNA, but I couldn't get it to work, right now I only know how to use HDMI cable to connect my phone to TV, so that's why when i heard about the new feature on the Nexus 4, I really wanna know how to make it work.... THANKS FOR READING THIS
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by valpd View Post
    How do I find out what podcasts I can get?
    Generally just do a search for whatever your looking for
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x

Generally just do a search for whatever your looking for
    Is there any way to look before I buy it?

Is the phone comfortable in the hand? I don't mind size but since it's thicker than the S3 and awkward to hold I'm going to regret getting one instantly =(.
    adrian_vindel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    On google play it says that the Nexus 4 has slimport HDMI under their connectivity section, however I have not seen any reviewers speak about this. Is their in fact slimport HDMI out or is this a typo on the Nexus page? Thanks!
    https://play.google.com/store/device...d=nexus_4_16gb
    Nope. you heard it right. it has a slimport

Nexus 4 boasts SlimPort support for tethered display sharing -- Engadget

Analogix unveils SlimPort Nexus 4 accessories - SlashGear
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by davidnguyen2302 View Post
    Does anyone know how the new "airplay" feature on the Nexus 4 work? (connect the Nexus 4 to the TV wirelessly I believe)
    I owned a Mytouch 4G (this thing is like 2 years old already) which has a feature called "Screenshare" that let you wirelessly play videos and pics to your TV through DLNA, but I couldn't get it to work, right now I only know how to use HDMI cable to connect my phone to TV, so that's why when i heard about the new feature on the Nexus 4, I really wanna know how to make it work.... THANKS FOR READING THIS
    read this thread you will understand http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-miracast.html
    Thanked by:
    Mac58 

Thanks! I wonder if this is implemented through software as its using the Micro USB port, or if it is different hardware. I would assume the latter but if it is software I wonder if the N7 will see this and the N10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    Thanks! I wonder if this is implemented through software as its using the Micro USB port, or if it is different hardware. I would assume the latter but if it is software I wonder if the N7 will see this and the N10.
    its a combination of hardware and software. you need miracast certified hardware to plug in your TV to share the screen. its cost $59 but the cost will go down.

on the software Android 4.2 got you covered.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Panda
    Thanks for the info. I assume the iPhone 5 will get longer screen on time, though?

ROM
    cm 7.2

so phil what about the back of This phone...is it too fragile?

Hi,

I know this is very unlikely, but any chance Google decided to adopt the iPhone standard for the 3.5mm headphone jack since no one makes Android headphones? (in other words, does the iPhone's headphones' 3 buttons work on it, or only the middle one?)

I'm expecting a "no", but thought I'd ask.
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334 ... LastLast