I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Magellan

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
Oddly Josh's review at The Verge gave battery life good marks and said it was great.

Engadgets review had some disappointing things to say about battery life and performance compared to the Optimus G, so I really want to see what Phil's review has to say. Then again, I don't know if he'll be doing a direct side-by-side comparison type deal in his review or just taking it on by itself.

At least it's confirmed that the camera is better for the most part. (better than Optimus G and the G Nexus)

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Phil, I can't quite tell if the screws on the bottom are ... hex key (aka Allen key) screw heads? Does your NDA allow you to determine if you those release the case so that the battery can be accessed?[1] Not like I'd tear open my phone to change batteries, but I can't imagine why they'd leave those out in the open unless opening the case is anticipated and supported to some extent. Folks worried about "non-replaceable battery" might be assuaged by this....

[1]Finish your review before you try! :D

Last edited:

jonmall

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil looking forward to the podcast tonight. (A bacon pizza is on the menu).

I'd like to know, does the N4 support Wi-Fi direct?

Thanks.

deltascrew

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Bonus karma points awarded if you go to the Naval Aviation Museum and take some pics of the lovely USCG H52-A that resides there in all her gleaming beauty. (I helped refurbish it for the museum many years ago.)

This one? I took this last year. NIce job on the resto

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Phil! Does the swype feature of the keyboard work with all languages?

You're trying to trick me into switching to a language I can't get back from, aren't you. :p

Just played with it. I think it has to do with which keyboard you're using. Worked in English, not in the Korean keyboard. (This is different from language settings.)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, I can't quite tell if the screws on the bottom are ... hex key (aka Allen key) screw heads? Does your NDA allow you to determine if you those release the case so that the battery can be accessed?[1] Not like I'd tear open my phone to change batteries, but I can't imagine why they'd leave those out in the open unless opening the case is anticipated and supported to some extent. Folks worried about "non-replaceable battery" might be assuaged by this....

[1]Finish your review before you try! :D

I believe it's serviceable, yes.

JohnDoes

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You're trying to trick me into switching to a language I can't get back from, aren't you. :p

Just played with it. I think it has to do with which keyboard you're using. Worked in English, not in the Korean keyboard. (This is different from language settings.)

Yeah, u got me Phil,damn. But if you can't use the phone any more, just give it to me :-D
To my question: Yes, I mean if you switch the keyboard to e.g. german or greek, if it is still working (the swipe feature).

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Some reviews today, saying the screen colors look washed out, is that true ? I still think the HTC One X as the top of the line screen today for any smartphone, is the LG Nexus 4 as good, or just close to the One X, but the One X still being better ?

Sounds like next year, is the big upgrade to screen technology, with 1080p screens on the horizon, for future Android phones. I hope the Nexus 4 screen is still nice though ?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I know this has been posted as I've read the whole thread, I was still wondering after 2 or so days how is the battery holding up? acceptable life? or is it short?
SORRY JUST HEARD IN YOUR PODCAST SOUNDS GREAT!

nh97103

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Phil! How's it going? The Nexus 4 is obviously worth waiting for. My question is in your opinion, do you think we'll ever see it on Verizon? I could definitely wait a few more months to get a phone if there was even a chance. This is everything I have been waiting for in a phone and I'd really, really hate to pass it up.

By the way, that video about the review was HILARIOUS! I died laughing when it got to the dog!!!