Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree505Likes

Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

We already know quite a lot now about this phone in its pre released state.

However, we know nothing of the wireless orb.

With the phone going on sale in a few days, no release date is confirmed for the charger, or price (or international availability)

Can nobody (seriously, nobody?) Get any information about this?

I'm getting worried about its availability, many will want this for their new phone.

It would seem stupid to announce such a feature in the phone that isn't ready with their own charger on release date.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjcks View Post
    We already know quite a lot now about this phone in its pre released state.

However, we know nothing of the wireless orb.

With the phone going on sale in a few days, no release date is confirmed for the charger, or price (or international availability)

Can nobody (seriously, nobody?) Get any information about this?

I'm getting worried about its availability, many will want this for their new phone.

It would seem stupid to announce such a feature in the phone that isn't ready with their own charger on release date.

Calm down. The wireless charger is an accessory and they will make plenty of em. You don't have to worry about them not being available.

Quote Originally Posted by Rh5o8n8da View Post
    I'll say it as many times as I need to! Just who the hell do you think we are?!
    And wow, this escalated quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by raazman View Post
    Calm down. The wireless charger is an accessory and they will make plenty of em. You don't have to worry about them not being available.

And wow, this escalated quickly...
    I am calm, I just want this with my new phone

But nobody knows anything about it, no date, no price etc

That's very weird, with release day being only a few days away.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Of course! I'm sure most of us will buy it in a heartbeat! But Google hasn't released any information yet. I would hope they let us order with the phones but I highly doubt it. Remember how the nexus 7 cases were sold later ?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the battery details Phil.

While 3 hours screen time isn't the best it looks like there's been a fair few apps chewing the battery as well, and at present I'm lucky if my S2 manages 2 hours screen time.

Roll on Tuesday.
    Ricky2009 likes this.

Saw in your review you've noticed a few hairline scratches already on your device. Is that a result of drops, or from keys/placing on table/etc?

We all know you're still a strong believer in phone nudity (you pervert), but are these scratches and the potential long term durability of the back making you reconsider that stance?

Would you be interested in a clear bumper, that would still show off the beautiful back but afford a little extra protection to the phone?

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan058 View Post
    Saw in your review you've noticed a few hairline scratches already on your device. Is that a result of drops, or from keys/placing on table/etc?

We all know you're still a strong believer in phone nudity (you pervert), but are these scratches and the potential long term durability of the back making you reconsider that stance?

Would you be interested in a clear bumper, that would still show off the beautiful back but afford a little extra protection to the phone?
    This is what I'm concerned about. Funny how a review I read yesterday (can't remember, but can find it) said that he had ZERO scratches after a couple days even with laying it down everywhere, etc. He even took a key to the front and back of the phone and still nada. But then Phil and a couple other reviews said the scratches are happening almost instantly after a day?! I don't get it. I thought that was the whole point of Gorilla Glass to have ZERO scratches.

I guess I'm be getting the bumper case as soon as it's offered in the Store!

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    This is what I'm concerned about. Funny how a review I read yesterday (can't remember, but can find it) said that he had ZERO scratches after a couple days even with laying it down everywhere, etc. He even took a key to the front and back of the phone and still nada. But then Phil and a couple other reviews said the scratches are happening almost instantly after a day?! I don't get it. I thought that was the whole point of Gorilla Glass to have ZERO scratches.

I guess I'm be getting the bumper case as soon as it's offered in the Store!
    Idk that the back is gorila glass. on the verge video the Google guy says it is. but then elsewhere i haven't seen mention of it being gorilla glass but rather a "glass like substance" either way i think gorilla glass is more about not breaking than not scratching. I can't wait to see the bumper case. if it looks good ill probaly get one if not ill stick with one of the ZAGG type shield things for the back. Or maybe cover it up with a diff skin if i don't like the sparklies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan058 View Post

Lol, have you seen all of Phil's phones?

He's not good at looking after any, so i guess hes the best to test it.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Does it support visual voicemail?

Didn't someone from Google say on twitter that they were releasing accessories such as bumpers when the phone first goes on sale..? Not gonna go looking for it but if they are releasing that charging orb soon it might just be the moment they release the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by krsgdlw View Post
    Does it support visual voicemail?
    Yeah of course, you can use either Google Voice or T-Mobiles visual voice app (most likely).

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcguinness89 View Post
    Didn't someone from Google say on twitter that they were releasing accessories such as bumpers when the phone first goes on sale..? Not gonna go looking for it but if they are releasing that charging orb soon it might just be the moment they release the phone.
    Then why can't we see this online in the play store like the phones?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
    Then why can't we see this online in the play store like the phones?
    Because it'll probably be sold as an accessory.

I'm sure the wireless Nexus charging orb will be available just as quickly as the Nexus 7 dock has been.

Oh. Um.... Hmm.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Why do you keep quoting the release date of the phone? No release date has been given for the charging "orb." I'm not sure why you're assuming the release dates of two separate items have anything to do with one another.

It'll get out eventually, relax.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raazman View Post
    Because it'll probably be sold as an accessory.
    And how would that be any different from the Nexus 7 case which was there when the Nexus 7 was preorder and is there with charger etc now: https://play.google.com/store/device...le-wide-banner

Perhaps you mean as an accessory NOT SOLD by Google? That would seem silly...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Why do you keep quoting the release date of the phone? No release date has been given for the charging "orb." I'm not sure why you're assuming the release dates of two separate items have anything to do with one another.

It'll get out eventually, relax.
    I quote the release date as wireless charging is a big part of the advertising of this phone, it would make sense for google to release the orb when the phone drops.

That's what I think anyway.

Especially when countries outside of the U.S don't have the same access to other QI standard chargers.

Ricky2009 likes this.

I quote the release date as wireless charging is a big part of the advertising of this phone, it would make sense for google to release the orb when the phone drops.
    ...it is?

Who knew.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

That's what I think anyway.

Especially when countries outside of the U.S don't have the same access to other QI standard chargers.

Not to nitpick or anything but I really haven't seen Google advertise this? Can you please show me where they have?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Phil,

Acquired Nexus 7 16GB quite recently. Not love at first sight but I'm getting to appreciate it...........terrific resolution and colors.

Have synced my long-time Google account (on my laptop) to it. Works for GMail, Chrome, Contacts but cannot get it to show my Calendar appointments. What should I do?

Thank you,
    NexusPuzzled

Quote Originally Posted by NexusPuzzled View Post
    Hi Phil,

Acquired Nexus 7 16GB quite recently. Not love at first sight but I'm getting to appreciate it...........terrific resolution and colors.

Have synced my long-time Google account (on my laptop) to it. Works for GMail, Chrome, Contacts but cannot get it to show my Calendar appointments. What should I do?

Thank you,
    NexusPuzzled
    maye sure calendar is synced in the settings-->google-->[your account]-->calendar

phil, its 11th did you get the OTA update?
    Thanked by 2:

What's up Mr Phil...

I don't know if this has been answered, but in reality how's data Speeds! Web browsing, YouTube in HQ, etc? I'm contemplating getting the N4, but just really worried that I'll miss LTE on at&t.

Your thoughts?

New benchmark video has popped up today,

Alongside the iPhone 5 gpu:

Here is my Tegra 3 result in comparison, yes I know its a 7 month old phone, just showing the big boost the s4pro brings.

So.....

S4pro certainly showing its power, no freezer used and it got great results.

Woop woop

Thanked by:

The camera is flat, is the flash? Is the ring around the flash protrude at all or is it all flush?
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast