Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 43444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1673
Like Tree505Likes

Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Absolutely, I try to support app developers any way I can. I'm dizzy from the settings within it. Still having trouble with messaging. I have no issues with T-Mo restricting size of MMS (1MB), thing is I'm not getting any MMS messages on the native (another way of saying stock?) app. T-Mo walked me through getting an unlocked iPhone to send MMS, so I believe the iPhone is not the source of problem. I shut down wifi and mobile data so as not to confuse the matter and had iPhone and someone else's Android phone send low res MMS. There isn't a rejection notice on their side and I'm getting nothing. I'd love to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your support, Lanhoj
    Last edited by sellmarg; 01-15-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: I figured it out -- no worries --- oops

Help !!! I am OK on computers, but an absolute infant on using my Nexus 4 for the internet when not connected to Wi -Fi at home or hot spots. I use a giff gaff sim. If I want to connect for instance to Sky Go and I'm out of Wi Fi range, do I have to have a Mifi device to link my phone to and I understand these can be locked or unlocked (More confusion.)

My Nexus 4 is unlocked, I just bought it cash a Carphone Warehouse. If I'm travelling I might want to use as well my laptop or tablet. I understand I can create a hotspot with my phone but is that only when in Wi Fi range? Also I can be charged fot data of course through Giff Gaff, what does that mean, downloading info I suppose?

I will be very grateful for anything that can help me understand these issues please.....
    Last edited by alginn0; 01-19-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alginn0 View Post
    Help !!! I am OK on computers, but an absolute infant on using my Nexus 4 for the internet when not connected to Wi -Fi at home or hot spots. I use a giff gaff sim. If I want to connect for instance to Sky Go and I'm out of Wi Fi range, do I have to have a Mifi device to link my phone to and I understand these can be locked or unlocked (More confusion.)

My Nexus 4 is unlocked, I just bought it cash a Carphone Warehouse. If I'm travelling I might want to use as well my laptop or tablet. I understand I can create a hotspot with my phone but is that only when in Wi Fi range? Also I can be charged fot data of course through Giff Gaff, what does that mean, downloading info I suppose?

I will be very grateful for anything that can help me understand these issues please.....

Ignore this now I posted it elsewhere on this site and got my problems solved.

Need help! I can't switched off my vibration on typing even turning off the vibration on touch. Gaming and browsing doesn't make it vibrate, but typing does. HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jensenng View Post
    Need help! I can't switched off my vibration on typing even turning off the vibration on touch. Gaming and browsing doesn't make it vibrate, but typing does. HELP!!!
    Have you gone into your keyboard settings and turned haptic feedback off?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Hi,

Just started using N4.

Interesting problem - not able to receive SMS. I can send SMS and see in my messaging list. But not able to get any !!!!!

thanks,

Hello, I'm new to the Nexus 4 and this is my first unlocked phone. I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, which when I got needed an LTE SIM. So I bought the N4 slightly used from an AT&T user and just popped in my SIM and everything seems to be working. I'm wondering if there is any reason I should go to AT&T and get a non-LTE SIM?

Quote Originally Posted by gadhiwala View Post
    Interesting problem - not able to receive SMS. I can send SMS and see in my messaging list. But not able to get any !!!!!
    I would check your APN settings to make sure they are correct for your carrier.
    .B

I know this been asked many times but is there any way to wake the screen up by touching it instead of the power button? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VegasCowboy View Post
    is there any way to wake the screen up by touching it instead of the power button?
    Apps like "Proximity Screen ON"-->

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Hitomic likes this.

thanks

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by dotB View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the Nexus 4 and this is my first unlocked phone. I'm coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, which when I got needed an LTE SIM. So I bought the N4 slightly used from an AT&T user and just popped in my SIM and everything seems to be working. I'm wondering if there is any reason I should go to AT&T and get a non-LTE SIM?

I would check your APN settings to make sure they are correct for your carrier.
    It doesn't matter. I'm in Canada and can get LTE on my Nexus 4. But it will just default to the HSPA+ if LTE is not in use. If its working you are good to go.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Apps like "Proximity Screen ON"-->

I just wanted to say that you are a very helpful and resourceful person. It looks like you have been on this forum for a while but I've only recently seen your posts. Always a great effort man. Cheers :thumbup::beer:

Android Evangelist
    Thanked by:
    Lanhoj 

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I just wanted to say that you are a very helpful and resourceful person. It looks like you have been on this forum for a while but I've only recently seen your posts.
    Thanks for the kind words.

I go through on average about a half dozen devices per year so I don't stick to only the N4 forums but if you do, that's possibly why you've only seen my posts recently.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

I go through on average about a half dozen devices per year so I don't stick to only the N4 forums but if you do, that's possibly why you've only seen my posts recently.

I move around a bit but have mostly been on the N4 section the last while. Nice to meet you.

Android Evangelist
    Lanhoj likes this.

Hi, ive recently had a google nexus 4 as a replacement from the iphone, so im still getting used to the android way of things, i just wondered if there was anyway you can change the way an mms photo comes through? mine comes through as a slideshow and then when its loaded its so small i can hardly see! Can anyone tell me how to change this so is full sized image? thanks!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Try Go SMS

Android Evangelist

Hey I am pretty new to rooting but I have a major problem. I recently rooted my Samsung Nexus 4G, flashed clock work mod recovery and installed a version of Jelly Bean I found in on some website. But my problem is that I began to have problems with the version of Jelly Bean I download so I tried to flash back to stock but something went horribly wrong. Now my phone does not have mobile network and when I connect it to a computer, the computer will not recognize it. Bluetooth, WiFi and SD Card still works but I cannot find a way to get my Mobile Network to come back. Please Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarastyj View Post
    Hey I am pretty new to rooting but I have a major problem. I recently rooted my Samsung Nexus 4G, flashed clock work mod recovery and installed a version of Jelly Bean I found in on some website. But my problem is that I began to have problems with the version of Jelly Bean I download so I tried to flash back to stock but something went horribly wrong. Now my phone does not have mobile network and when I connect it to a computer, the computer will not recognize it. Bluetooth, WiFi and SD Card still works but I cannot find a way to get my Mobile Network to come back. Please Help!!
    Wrong thread. This thread is for the LG Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I am trying to play some music from my phone. The files are copied to ringtones folder. how do I play them? MX Player does not have a file open interface. Is there any stock default player which can scan my phone and show me the files I want to play?
    I want to use the files as ringtones.
    thanks

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by strider2 View Post
    I am trying to play some music from my phone. The files are copied to ringtones folder. how do I play them? MX Player does not have a file open interface. Is there any stock default player which can scan my phone and show me the files I want to play?
    I want to use the files as ringtones.
    thanks
    your stock music player can automatically do that. It's the "play music app.

Android Evangelist

Hi just got my phone and it's great but a curse at the same time cuz I'm super paranoid when it comes to preserving the battery.

I was wondering why the models differ and if I use a charger that did NOT come with my phone (I used a charger that my friend got with their nexus 4 phone) will it damage it? I'm just worried cuz it took a while to reach 100% when I used my friend's charger. My model is mcs-01wd and my friend's is mcs-01wr. The specs are the same. The user guide says "only use the travel adapter that came with your phone or else a different one may damage it" can someone ease my worries? Lol. Thanks!

Hi, I have a problem with the ringtones menu on my Nexus 4--the list doesn't appear, when I go to change the ringtone it sends me into the file system. I've downloaded a package of default ringtones (ogg files) and put them into the ringtone folder where there had been only one file (hang-out). but still I don't get a normal list to come up. I can select a new ringtone this way, but it doesn't allow me to listen to them before hand which I'd really like to do. The same for notifications. Any solutions for this? Thanks, and sorry if it has already been asked and answered.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by munnymaker View Post
    Hi just got my phone and it's great but a curse at the same time cuz I'm super paranoid when it comes to preserving the battery.

I was wondering why the models differ and if I use a charger that did NOT come with my phone (I used a charger that my friend got with their nexus 4 phone) will it damage it? I'm just worried cuz it took a while to reach 100% when I used my friend's charger. My model is mcs-01wd and my friend's is mcs-01wr. The specs are the same. The user guide says "only use the travel adapter that came with your phone or else a different one may damage it" can someone ease my worries? Lol. Thanks!
    I use lots of different ones and have never had an issue.

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by munnymaker View Post

Any charger that is 50V = 12A (5.0V = 1.2A) should be fine.

It always takes a while to fill the last few percentage points up to a 100% charge. Maybe you were just more conscious of it because you were using your friend's charger.
    Thanked by:
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 43444546474849 ... LastLast