I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

RSM4

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have couple of issues with NExus 4 can you please help:

1. Sleep wake: the pohone does not get up once in slumber mode.

2. Battery drain.

3, Buzzing sound while on call.
Mostly have the erratic behaviour while the battery comes below 60%.
Kindly advice how to overcome these issues.
Thank you so much.
cheers
Ravishankar- India

amarabdulla

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Pls help..major problem in camera..
My camera always hangs when i switched to video recording mode..i hav to switch off my device n boot again to recover from this..i hav noticed this problem after 4.2.2 update..
Thanx in advance
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

paholmquist

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...

This is my first post on this forum and it may be a silly one, but i'll give it a try anyway.

I've had my nexus 4 for about a month now (very satisfied), but for the last few days I have an issue when making phone calls. I can hear when people are talking to me but they are not able to hear my voice when I'm talking.

First thing I did was to switch to loudspeaker and then they are able to hear my voice. Just to confirm the speaker itself was not working I have used other applications and everything is working fine (meaning this is an isolated issue when talking on the phone only).

I have tried to adjust the volume,but still have not been able to find any solution.

To summarize: When making phone calls I can hear what others are saying,but they cannot hear my voice. When using loudspeaker they can hear my voice. Tried to have a look in the nexus 4 user guide and on forums,but no lick so far.

Thanks in advance and happy easter :)

Husayn Mohammadi

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I cannot copy and paste files and folders from my Computer Windows XP professional 64bit onto my Nexus 4.
The computer shows icon of Nexus but does not allow any paste onto the blank area.
Windows 8 can recognize my nexus and allows copy and file of files and folder anywhere within Nexus Storage.
How can I solve this problem?
Is there any driver or interface to allow connection of Windows XP to Nexus 4?
Thanks,
Husayn

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I cannot copy and paste files and folders from my Computer Windows XP professional 64bit onto my Nexus 4.
The computer shows icon of Nexus but does not allow any paste onto the blank area.
Windows 8 can recognize my nexus and allows copy and file of files and folder anywhere within Nexus Storage.
How can I solve this problem?
Is there any driver or interface to allow connection of Windows XP to Nexus 4?
Thanks,
Husayn
You may need to update the usb drivers. Search for them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
When I talk on my nexus, normaln call, not viber, sometimes people hear me strange or like robot, or very bad and quiet, and then it fixes by itself but that happens, anyone else experienced this?

paholmquist

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
When I talk on my nexus, normaln call, not viber, sometimes people hear me strange or like robot, or very bad and quiet, and then it fixes by itself but that happens, anyone else experienced this?

I had a similar issue with my nexus 4...When calling people I could hear them,but they could not hear me. Without doing any changes everything suddenly worked just fine.

mr.rickeyk

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My pings are crappy, usually above 700ms. My downloads speeds are always above 12mb. Sometimes my pings will hit 4 digits, which I know affects video chat. I live and work in a good, or what I thought were good coverage areas. I'm not sure if this is network or device related. Those with a Nexus 4..how are your pings?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Martin Munoz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 is Froze at the Google Screen at power up, and i turn off the power mode and turn in on to bootloader mode and restore it but it said must intall OS? help i think this might mean my phone crashed?
:-X

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 is Froze at the Google Screen at power up, and i turn off the power mode and turn in on to bootloader mode and restore it but it said must intall OS? help i think this might mean my phone crashed?
:-X
yikes. That sounds bad. Did you root it or do anything else out of the ordinary? I would ask Def2mouze in the root area to see if he can help. He knows everything. :D

Siobhan Haslam

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
hi my dad recently bought this phone from virgin media. with virgin media sim card.
up till now not had a problem with it but I have got 3 symbols.
one is symbol for google crome for synchronising which I have just had a go and didn't give helpful information.
the other two are a symbol of a triangle with an explanation mark inside. I don't know what it means. my previous phone htc wildfire s had a button where I could see notifications and do something about it.
could you help.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
hi my dad recently bought this phone from virgin media. with virgin media sim card.
up till now not had a problem with it but I have got 3 symbols.
one is symbol for google crome for synchronising which I have just had a go and didn't give helpful information.
the other two are a symbol of a triangle with an explanation mark inside. I don't know what it means. my previous phone htc wildfire s had a button where I could see notifications and do something about it.
could you help.
slide down the notification shade by sliding your finger down from the top of the screens notification bar. This should show you what those are. The triangle is probably a failed app update. This happens sometimes if the internet connection drops.

karanpanchamia

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG Nexus 4. I had hidden my photos through an app called File Hide Pro, this app is disguised as a tip calculator. By mistake I deleted the ".hermit" folder from the internal storage. I want to recover the photos without rooting my phone. please help

D_roiD268

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Completely shattered both sides Nexus 4. No reaction from the screen whatsoever. Would you please guide me as to how I can transfer the files to my MacBook Pro?
Appreciate it!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Completely shattered both sides Nexus 4. No reaction from the screen whatsoever. Would you please guide me as to how I can transfer the files to my MacBook Pro?
Appreciate it!
You would need to use the Airdroid app I believe. Not possible without the screen. Get on a PC and you can just plug it in like a usb drive.

BLADESMAN1889

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am wondering if it is ok to delete some of those AWFUL ringtones in /system/media/audio/ringtones
? also while root exploring I found several cool andy style videos in there that I've never had access to in any of the media apps (gallery, movie studio etc)

Hungerdunger

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the Nexus 4, and having upgraded from a Samsung Wave (with the Bada OS), I'm generally very happy with it.

One thing that is different is delivery reports for text messages. With the Wave I'd actually get a text message with the normal ring tone, so there was no chance I'd overlook it. With the Nexus, all I get is a brief on-screen message and a small icon on the message itself, both of which are easy to miss. Is this a limitation of the Android OS? Is there a setting I've missed which would set up receipts like the Samsung?

Thanks for any help you can give.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Nexus 4, and having upgraded from a Samsung Wave (with the Bada OS), I'm generally very happy with it.

One thing that is different is delivery reports for text messages. With the Wave I'd actually get a text message with the normal ring tone, so there was no chance I'd overlook it. With the Nexus, all I get is a brief on-screen message and a small icon on the message itself, both of which are easy to miss. Is this a limitation of the Android OS? Is there a setting I've missed which would set up receipts like the Samsung?

Thanks for any help you can give.
You can change your notifications to any ring tone you like. Just go in to settings and select a different ring tone.

Hungerdunger

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You can change your notifications to any ring tone you like. Just go in to settings and select a different ring tone.

Thanks for replying, but I think you may have missed the point.

If I receive a normal text message, then I get an audible notification (which fans of the "24" TV series may be interested to know is the ringtone used on the phones in CTU HQ - but I digress).
However, if I send a text message to someone else, a small window appears on my screen for a couple of seconds and an icon appears on the message I've just sent, but I don't get any audible notification. I'm assuming this is the same for all Nexus 4s, or may be I'm missing something - I can't see any separate setting for notifications of receipts.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replying, but I think you may have missed the point.

If I receive a normal text message, then I get an audible notification (which fans of the "24" TV series may be interested to know is the ringtone used on the phones in CTU HQ - but I digress).
However, if I send a text message to someone else, a small window appears on my screen for a couple of seconds and an icon appears on the message I've just sent, but I don't get any audible notification. I'm assuming this is the same for all Nexus 4s, or may be I'm missing something - I can't see any separate setting for notifications of receipts.
hmm. I get sound for every text I receive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke