Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64656667
Results 1,651 to 1,673 of 1673
Like Tree505Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Tayal View Post
    Hey there, I am running kitkat 4.4.2 on my nexus 4, all the videos i see shows google now pop up if you swipe to the left most home screen and also a long press on the home screen opens up all the home screens. my phone wont do this. long press on my phone opens up the "choose wallpaper from" screen. and swiping to the left most home screen does not show me google now. is this a bug or have i messed up my setting? Any help much appreciated. Thanks
    The swiping from the left feature is only a Nexus 5 feature. You need to download that from the play store for the Nexus 4.

To get the main Google Now you just hold down on the home button then swipe up when you see the Google circle icon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    The swiping from the left feature is only a Nexus 5 feature. You need to download that from the play store for the Nexus 4.

To get the main Google Now you just hold down on the home button then swipe up when you see the Google circle icon.

It's not limited to the Nexus 5, its part of the Google Experience launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Actually you need to download the apk file and install it to get the left slide Google Now launcher.

Here's the link

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I have updated it with 4.4.2 and installed a GEL. i want to know will it drain my battery faster than compared with basic home launcher.?

Please reply

Yes, if you are on your homescreen a lot, your battery will drain faster because of the always listening feature when on the homescreen

hello,
    I think I have a puzzle for you. #1: after 4.4.2, my boot up time is really slow. 1 min 15 sec for system items and 1 min 30 secs for applications. on ICS, the total time was much faster ~1.5min. #2: although the battery life is not the best, I now have attrocious battery life of ~3h with moderate use. the battery shows much of the use is from the screen followed by android systems (no installed apps seem to be taking up the battery and I have the brightness at lowest level). I would appreciate any help in the above 2 issues. thanks for the reply.
    Stock N4, 4.4.1 with nova launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Elvisgordonbo Ng View Post
    hello,
    I think I have a puzzle for you. #1: after 4.4.2, my boot up time is really slow. 1 min 15 sec for system items and 1 min 30 secs for applications. on ICS, the total time was much faster ~1.5min. #2: although the battery life is not the best, I now have attrocious battery life of ~3h with moderate use. the battery shows much of the use is from the screen followed by android systems (no installed apps seem to be taking up the battery and I have the brightness at lowest level). I would appreciate any help in the above 2 issues. thanks for the reply.
    Stock N4, 4.4.1 with nova launcher
    1.5 mins == 1 min 30 seconds

I can't send e-mails from my BT account on my Nexus 4. No problems receiving, and no problems sending in my gmail account. Any ideas? Thanks

I am new to the Nexus (from Blackberry) how do I set up my music so that all Sounds come from there. All that is available are the "crappy" preset tones. I have figured out how to apply some of my music to contacts. But I want to use my music as the notification (alert) sounds for email, texting etc. Can you help ... please

"Well if you are on T-Mobile you can get DC-HSDPA 42Mbps." How do I do that? Worthwhile?

Am not able to update my (nexus 4) to 4.4.2, every time I get an ota, I try updating and it ends with an error on the screen. Help me.. Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Venkataraman AP View Post
    Am not able to update my (nexus 4) to 4.4.2, every time I get an ota, I try updating and it ends with an error on the screen. Help me.. Thanks in advance

maybe this can help you

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynRByers View Post
    maybe this can help you
    Thank you...

I bought the Nexus 4 at the same time I got a plantronics voyager pro HD headset. Had some troubles with it disconnecting and re connecting. After trying everything Google and plantronics had to offer I read somewhere else to try setting the WiFi to 2.4 and not 5 GHz. Seem to be working I will be more sure next week with more usage.
    Also I discovered that this phone will not voice dial my phone, I've been looking at apps but not finding any that are suitable, either they don't work through the blue tooth or you have to still touch the screen to complete the call. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tompkins1 View Post
    I bought the Nexus 4 at the same time I got a plantronics voyager pro HD headset. Had some troubles with it disconnecting and re connecting. After trying everything Google and plantronics had to offer I read somewhere else to try setting the WiFi to 2.4 and not 5 GHz. Seem to be working I will be more sure next week with more usage.
    Also I discovered that this phone will not voice dial my phone, I've been looking at apps but not finding any that are suitable, either they don't work through the blue tooth or you have to still touch the screen to complete the call. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks
    I have had the Voyager Legend for a few months now and had similar disconnect issues with my Nexus 4 until I updated the firmware of the headset through Plantronics website, haven't had an issue since... Still haven't found a solution to voice dial on either my N4 or LG G2, tried lots of stuff, just resigned to it wont work. :/

Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

I have a nexus 4 (with 4.4.2) and the max time that can be selected for " screen security -> automatically lock " is 10 minutes. is there anyway to increase this?
    Last edited by redyossi; 03-05-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Hi, I'm a very basic user of the nexus 4 so sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm travelling soon and need to change its normal SIM (UK carrier Tesco) to a local SIM in South Africa for my trip there.
    How do I do this without losing my phone contacts? Email worries me less as can reset up accounts on gmail. Likewise, when I return home and reinsert my UK SIM.
    Is this really simple as I get easily confused with technology.(I'm used to old style phones where you just copied contacts to the phone). thanks for your help.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by sam59 View Post
    Hi, I'm a very basic user of the nexus 4 so sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm travelling soon and need to change its normal SIM (UK carrier Tesco) to a local SIM in South Africa for my trip there.
    How do I do this without losing my phone contacts? Email worries me less as can reset up accounts on gmail. Likewise, when I return home and reinsert my UK SIM.
    Is this really simple as I get easily confused with technology.(I'm used to old style phones where you just copied contacts to the phone). thanks for your help.
    Everything is stored in your Google account so your actual telco provider is irrelevant. Just change the SIM card and set up the APN information, everything on your phone will be exactly the same except for the phone number. When you're done with your trip and you get back home, swap the original sim card back in and change the APN back to the original one and you're done.

Current Phones: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk Official KitKat ROM) / LG G2 on Verizon (CarbonROM KitKat)
    Current Tablets: Apple iPad 4 & Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
    Previous Android Devices: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Aria, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

thank you. How do I know the APN settings and where do I select them/enter them? (apologies)

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

Quote Originally Posted by sam59 View Post
    thank you. How do I know the APN settings and where do I select them/enter them? (apologies)
    Settings - Wireless & Networks - More - Mobile Networks - Access Point Names

Your new APN information should be provided with your SIM when you get it or that carriers website... Sometimes it is automatically recognized when you insert the SIM.

thanks v much. I'm with tesco mobile SIM only; it just says prepay.tesco-mobile.com. So hopefully when re-inserting the SIM it will recognise everything fine.
    I have no idea if it's as simple with South African mobile network operators, but I'll find out I guess.

ROM
    Nexus 4 (Beanstalk/Aio)

APN's are specific to each providor, but you can have multiple ones in teh phone, you just select the one you want to be active. Build a new one for your South African providor and leave the existing one as is, then re-enable it when you switch back to your original SIM.

thank you.
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64656667