I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

veryjiggy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have the 8GB version, could you tell us how much free space is there for the user when you switch it on for the first time?

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
How is the screen (color accuracy, angle, visible smoothness) compared to the Galaxy S3's SAMOLED screen?
I was pretty impressed w/ the LG Spectrum's screen so I'm curious if they've gotten better...

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Is it Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n or just b/g/n?
b/g/n

How good are the phone and wifi signals? No use in having a phone if you can't phone anyone :).

I dunno. I'm coming over to your house to test. Why do people always ask that as if signals are the same everywhere? That's not to say there can't be blanket issues (see Verizon GNex), but that's not exactly something you can quantify from a single usage case. Gonna wait till they go on sale for that to pop up.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
does it look sexy? looks usually are entirly different in real than what we see in videos and pics.

Yes. You're going to see all sorts of weird angles and reflections and stuff in still pics. The one I posted is accurate, but it's not like the back of the phone looks like that all the time. It's really nicely done.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you using/testing it on the T-Mobile 42mbps network? Is the speed lovely? LTE be damned. I don't need it.

I can answer that, it's faster than my GNex on TMo. I'm quite pleased with the speeds I get out of it and couldn't care less about LTE.

jonmall

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I dunno. I'm coming over to your house to test. Why do people always ask that as if signals are the same everywhere? That's not to say there can't be blanket issues (see Verizon GNex), but that's not exactly something you can quantify from a single usage case. Gonna wait till they go on sale for that to pop up.

I meant how strong is signal strength compared to other devices on the same network you have lying around. But I'll just take it as it's just as good.

You're welcome to come over any time, getting here would be the bigger obstacle :).

motoGEEKer

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Should I wait for my upgrade on AT&T that comes up in AUGUST and see what is available THEN, or should I plop down the 350 for the unlocked version of that when it becomes available (and ditch my #MotoFAIL Atrix 2 ICS POS)???

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

I think he was asking if you had any reception issues with your carrier vs other phones with the same carrier. IE: does the Nexus 4 get better reception where you are sitting right now at this very moment vs. a different phone you were using right there in that very same spot.

I get extremely poor reception in my building at work, whereas other people also on Tmobile get great signal. At first I thought it was a Samsung thing, but one of them has a Galaxy Nexus, whereas I have the Tmobile S2. I've concluded that it's the phone construction and/or the radio chip being used. It's good info to have if you've got anything to share on your experience with it so far.

Phil, Do you know if the Snapdragon S4 Pro is the dual-core or quad-core?

Google has already confirmed it's the quad-core version of the S4 Pro.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yet my questions still go in sneered can you A side by side with the one x? I'm seriously considering it but that 300 off contract is appealing I just need web speeds off at&t is all

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay