I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, there are leaks of the Gmail 4.2 apk. Can you confirm the Gmail on this is the one that was leaked? Any ideas if that version of Gmail will get pushed to the market so everyone can enjoy it or is it an JB only feature of Gmail?

There was so much stuff in that "leak" that was wrong, I don't know where to begin.

blacksilva

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Quadrant benchmarks please.

Quadrant pretty much means nothing. It can't be used to compare to another phone. It can be a reference but not an exact comparison as Quadrant is quite sporadic and spits out scores sometimes thousands of points more or less than the previous 'run'. If anything, bench it with Antutu or Nenamark2 but even still, it'll surpass the Nenamark2 max FPS of 55-60.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do the chrome accents show or get scratches easily?
Will the chrome accents flake off like my beloved thunderbolt does?
How does the outer edges of N4 that surround the device feel?
Is there any soft touch coating on the edges?
How is the weight of he N4 and does the N4's weight feel balanced in your hands?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

bossfan61

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I haven't liked how Android handles Caller ID photos on ANY of their phones ever, which is a major joke considering how many great phones with awesome screens are available now. But, I'd still like to see it as it's not a deal-breaker.

Thanks!

You're not going to like it if I do.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
how about 5Ghz? does the WiFi support 5GHz?

the specs state no, but so do the N10s specs and it is already confirmed that it does support 5GHz
Already answered, amigo. I We can repost it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
so does the N4 offer the same capabilities as the Galaxy Nexus and any other modern phone today?
You're kidding right? Seriously? How about "No." No, it does not. It offers BETTER CAPABILITIES. Because it's straight Android that gets updated sooner than the other modern carrier-branded phones. ;)

phor11

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil,
The S4 Pro SoC that's used in the Nexus4 is supposed to have an integrated LTE radio on-chip correct?
I'm confused as to why Rubin is saying things like "two radios in a device raises the cost and diminishes battery life" to explain why they're not supporting LTE.
Doesn't the Nexus4 actually have two radios in it?

Have any insight?

cwtham

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
1) Does the touch screen lacks sensitivity (especially when typing) when the battery is charging near to 100% (somewhere 93% onward). Earth yourself to make it worse.

This was an problem on GSM Galaxy Nexus.

2) Does Wifi Direct works for file sharing in Android 4.2?

bluefire

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I had bad experience with LG G2x. Do you think I should give LG another chance to win my confidence on their company product's.

Thanks
BlueFire