I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

ctfrommn

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
can anybody please tell me , based on their experience,, how many months or years the default battery of such a super phone lasts, as it will not have replaceable battery , as i want to use it at least for 1 yr,
Ive had mine for nearly 3 years, charge it each day and have never had an issue.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Point taken. ;)

Phil, I actually don't see much "chrome" on the case in the press pics ... looks like there's only a very thin line of trim between the front bezel and the actual screen glass. (And apparently the nexus" logo on the back.) Does it catch the light when you're handling it? Bright, or kinda subtle? Like it?

... Not a question, but something I'd like to see in your review. Specs lists the front camera as "1.3 MP 720p video." Woah ... unlike the N7, it will record 720p video from the front (1080p out the back for those who're wondering)! Wonder if that hi-res video will show up in Google+ Talk / Hangouts....

It's looks like we will have to wait for the review to see if our questions are answered.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil,
The S4 Pro SoC that's used in the Nexus4 is supposed to have an integrated LTE radio on-chip correct?

Correct. This is the most important feature that nobody is talking about......The MSM8960T SoC supports both LTE and EV-DO. There are other devices on (or coming to) Verizon that use the MSM8960T (HTC DLX/Droid DNA). Hopefully that means we will see the Nexus4 capable of running on VZW's network sometime soon. Fingers crossed.

I'll wait a couple months for them to double the storage, just like they did for the Nexus 7. I'm hoping by that time they've enabled the LTE radios on the device as well. An unlocked, unsubsidized, 32GB Nexus 4 with VZW LTE for $349??? TAKE MY $$$!

Qualcomm SoC Spec Sheet (PDF)

Last edited:

EpicAl

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone asked this a ways back but there was no answer from Phil (or Panda) -- Does the N4 do WiFi calling on T-Mobile? This is a critical issue for me as I live in a very poor coverage area. Currently on Sprint with an Airave at home.

Thanks

FunkyKong

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
press volume down + power button at the same time. i hope you are using nexus because that's the default. very few phones have a bit different setup

On the Asus Transformer Tablet it's hold the recent app key down.

Hello All, first post here come for Nexus 4 info. Currently have a Samsung Nexus S been looking to get the Samsung Nexus but have waited so long for price to drop that Nexus 4 has arrived at a cheaper price ?279 versus ?293.30 on Amazon, so good luck to those retailers that have a bunch of them to shift.

Question, does the Nexus 4 have a good and quick GPS fix? Nexus S could take a minute or so then lose fix if you locked screen or changed to a different app very frustrating for a google maps junkie.

Inkyape

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Can you PLEASE PLEASE check for GLONASS support?

Glonass makes a huge difference in gps precision, especially if you are living up north!
Right now the entire Scandinavian android community are waiting for info on glonass support on the Nexus 4.
Please download "gps test" and check if there are any satellites numbered between 65-96! Those would be glonass satellites!

glonass-vs-gps.jpg

(pictured above are screenshots from gps test, with a glonass phone on the left and non-glonass on the right)

Thanks!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Can you PLEASE PLEASE check for GLONASS support?

Glonass makes a huge difference in gps precision, especially if you are living up north!
Right now the entire Scandinavian android community are waiting for info on glonass support on the Nexus 4.
Please download "gps test" and check if there are any satellites numbered between 65-96! Those would be glonass satellites!

Thanks!

I'm in Florida, mind you.
2012-10-31 16.33.45.png

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Any estimated time frame on when you'll be posting the review? I've asked about audio quality through the headphone jack a couple times now and haven't gotten an answer, so I'm guessing that's something you'll cover in the review. Thanks!

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Phil, I actually don't see much "chrome" on the case in the press pics ... looks like there's only a very thin line of trim between the front bezel and the actual screen glass. (And apparently the nexus" logo on the back.) Does it catch the light when you're handling it? Bright, or kinda subtle? Like it?

It's lighter, and shiny, but I don't know if I'd call it chrome in the traditional sense.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Any estimated time frame on when you'll be posting the review? I've asked about audio quality through the headphone jack a couple times now and haven't gotten an answer, so I'm guessing that's something you'll cover in the review. Thanks!

When it's ready. I'm trying to write and still help out here without overstepping. Patience, please. :)