I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So by warranty from Google, you mean I can send the device back to them and get a replacement if there is a problem with the unit? or is there a different way to do this if it happens? (btw sorry for asking too much, I never buy anything online in my entire life yet, so just wanna make sure that I won't regret doing this)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

After the initial return window (15 day IIRC) you go through the manufacturer, so you would be shipping it to LG. Samsung had about a 2 week turn around on warranty repairs with their Nexus phones, and I'm guessing LG will be about the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
If you pinch/zoom out in the browser or email client does the text reflow? Does the stock email client have the function to select all the emails at one time, then delete them?
I may be wrong here but this is a feature I have only seen on HTC and in Sense

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have owned all of the previous iPhones and now I have the iPhone 5. Should I make the switch to the Nexus 4?
What's the biggest differences that I'll notice.

We primarily use Google for gmail, Search, Google Voice and have a pc. We had an iPad and sold it. Too heavy. We are now looking at the Nexus tablets especially for the price.
Lately Apple has made alot of defective products so the price that you pay isn't worth it.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Few questions... thanks in advance.

1. If I use it with AT&T will google wallet work? Or will I have to wait for Isis?
2. If I use it with an MVNO like sim mobile or red pocket will google wallet work?
3. Can you record video and take pictures from the front camera or only take pictures?
4. Can you take pictures and record video at the same time like the One X? (Back camera)
5. When I see it on online videos on youtube it looks like the screen has a blue-ish tint... does it?
6. I'm willing to leave sprint and switch to AT&T to get this phone. Should I wait to see if sprint gets it? Or, is the likelihood of that too low? If you say wait... how long?
7. My Galaxy S 3 couldn't play Temple Run without stuttering. Can this phone handle it?
8. I understand the camera isn't great... but are we going to be totally disappointed or is it usable?

Thank you for answering these questions for us. Since the phone is not in stores we have no other way of getting these types of questions answered without taking a big risk and buying it.

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
hey guy, this isnt necessarily for phil, but a general android question. this will be my first android device, always been a bb user. this is the right price point for me and want to try out a new device incase bb10 flops. i will be ordering nov 13th, which i have no problem getting it set up or anything like that. my question is if i want to start buying apps now in the google play store, will i have to re-buy them on my phone? soo basically if i buy a app will it be on all my devices? (may buy a nexus 7 as well) i would appreciate the help, sorry for slowing down the discussion. excited to be here and see all the hype my buddies have been telling me about!

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life compared to the iPhone 5 (which I have now).
Also why don't they include earbuds? I use podcasts now, do they have something similar?

vietmode

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
hey guy, this isnt necessarily for phil, but a general android question. this will be my first android device, always been a bb user. this is the right price point for me and want to try out a new device incase bb10 flops. i will be ordering nov 13th, which i have no problem getting it set up or anything like that. my question is if i want to start buying apps now in the google play store, will i have to re-buy them on my phone? soo basically if i buy a app will it be on all my devices? (may buy a nexus 7 as well) i would appreciate the help, sorry for slowing down the discussion. excited to be here and see all the hype my buddies have been telling me about!

You can buy apps now using your Gmail account, all the apps will be bound to your gmail so no you won't have to rebuy them, will be able to use them on multiple devices. you will just have to sync the same email with all your devices.

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Great thing about android is if the stock browser has a bug in it that is making it go slow you can go to google play and download a free browser that is fast and is not buggy. The chrome thing should be fixed. Remember all these reviews and info coming out now are based on pre-release versions of android 4.2. There should be an update coming out before nexus 4 is released to iron out bugs.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

yes, If you buy for example 10 apps from google account #1. you can add it to as many device as you want and all those 10 apps will be available for you to use.

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You can buy apps now using your Gmail account, all the apps will be bound to your gmail so no you won't have to rebuy them, will be able to use them on multiple devices. you will just have to sync the same email with all your devices.

thank you very much, i appreciate the answer, sums everything up for me

- - - Updated - - -

yes, If you buy for example 10 apps from google account #1. you can add it to as many device as you want and all those 10 apps will be available for you to use.

thanks for the reply

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
How is the battery life compared to the iPhone 5 (which I have now).
Also why don't they include earbuds? I use podcasts now, do they have something similar?

Battery life is a lil better than the Iphone 5 by about 15%.. I dont have one but side by side use on a recent trip the 4 lasted longer but I was on ATT hspa while she was on att lte..

Earbuds are something that normally users have and to keep the cost down they werent included... also LG makes really crappy throw in headphones and you wouldnt want those..
I use an app called BEYONDPOD.. its in the market and I enjoy it. Its part RSS reader as well as Podcast player.. its a couple of bucks but there are free ones as well..

Panda

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong here but this is a feature I have only seen on HTC and in Sense
Nope. Gmail and stock JB email allows multi-select with tap-hold as well as tick boxes.

(edit)

Just read in the QSG that you can switch "airplane mode" from the lock screen. Ex-cellent!

Last edited:

am12976

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Can you rate the display quality of Nexus 4 Vs. Lumia 920 Vs. One X on a scale of 10?
How's the signal and call quality compared to Lumia 920 and Galaxy SIII?
How's LG's signal and call quality in general?

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is a lil better than the Iphone 5 by about 15%.. I dont have one but side by side use on a recent trip the 4 lasted longer but I was on ATT hspa while she was on att lte..

Earbuds are something that normally users have and to keep the cost down they werent included... also LG makes really crappy throw in headphones and you wouldnt want those..
I use an app called BEYONDPOD.. its in the market and I enjoy it. Its part RSS reader as well as Podcast player.. its a couple of bucks but there are free ones as well..

Panda
How do I find out what podcasts I can get?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you rate the display quality of Nexus 4 Vs. Lumia 920 Vs. One X on a scale of 10?
How's the signal and call quality compared to Lumia 920 and Galaxy SIII?
How's LG's signal and call quality in general?

phil on the android podcast mentioned that the screen of Nexus 4 is close to One X. its a tough competition.
clearly One X beat Lumia in screen. so its just a relative comparison.

cnguyen0320

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life? Engadget in its review said battery life was pretty bad. I think a comparison to iPhone or S3 would help many of us out.

sorry its probably been asked already but I don't feel like sifting through 31 pages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae