I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Why do you keep quoting the release date of the phone? No release date has been given for the charging "orb." I'm not sure why you're assuming the release dates of two separate items have anything to do with one another.

It'll get out eventually, relax.

I quote the release date as wireless charging is a big part of the advertising of this phone, it would make sense for google to release the orb when the phone drops.

That's what I think anyway.

Especially when countries outside of the U.S don't have the same access to other QI standard chargers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

raazman

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I quote the release date as wireless charging is a big part of the advertising of this phone, it would make sense for google to release the orb when the phone drops.

That's what I think anyway.

Especially when countries outside of the U.S don't have the same access to other QI standard chargers.

Not to nitpick or anything but I really haven't seen Google advertise this? Can you please show me where they have?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

NexusPuzzled

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Acquired Nexus 7 16GB quite recently. Not love at first sight but I'm getting to appreciate it...........terrific resolution and colors.

Have synced my long-time Google account (on my laptop) to it. Works for GMail, Chrome, Contacts but cannot get it to show my Calendar appointments. What should I do?

Thank you,
NexusPuzzled

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Acquired Nexus 7 16GB quite recently. Not love at first sight but I'm getting to appreciate it...........terrific resolution and colors.

Have synced my long-time Google account (on my laptop) to it. Works for GMail, Chrome, Contacts but cannot get it to show my Calendar appointments. What should I do?

Thank you,
NexusPuzzled
maye sure calendar is synced in the settings-->google-->[your account]-->calendar

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
What's up Mr Phil...

I don't know if this has been answered, but in reality how's data Speeds! Web browsing, YouTube in HQ, etc? I'm contemplating getting the N4, but just really worried that I'll miss LTE on at&t.

Your thoughts?

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
New benchmark video has popped up today,

e8uza8us.jpg

Alongside the iPhone 5 gpu:

tuzenu7e.jpg

Here is my Tegra 3 result in comparison, yes I know its a 7 month old phone, just showing the big boost the s4pro brings.

amabaqem.jpg

So.....

S4pro certainly showing its power, no freezer used and it got great results.

Woop woop

sidamos

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Phil, you said battery life is way better compared to the GNex. Did you mean the GSM or the LTE GNex? Because the LTE GNex has really horrible battery life as I have heard. Thanks!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
...it is?

Who knew.
Not to nitpick or anything but I really haven't seen Google advertise this? Can you please show me where they have?
Reviewers Guide, page 4. :cool:
Phil, you said battery life is way better compared to the GNex. Did you mean the GSM or the LTE GNex? Because the LTE GNex has really horrible battery life as I have heard. Thanks!
I presume he was making a 1:1 comparison.

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Phil,

Thank you,
NexusPuzzled
Please go to Nexus 7 forum, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. All will be answered.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The camera is flat, is the flash? Is the ring around the flash protrude at all or is it all flush?
there is a small lip on the flash. it just a little and inline with the outer edge and not like those htc one X ones. I heard its to avoid flash to get to camera directly

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure from the dimensions that Andrew(?) posted that a top loading case (sheath) that fits the LG Optimus G will work for this. That ought to protect the phone until you can get a custom fitted case by D30, Ballistic, Otterbox, &c.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

^ THAT's the "big part of the advertising" of the Nexus 4? That's not even advertising, all this considered

Not to mention, the information we're currently discussing was also on page 4 of that document, which doesn't exactly scream headlining feature.

I was pointing out to the user below that the wireless charging was NOT "a big part of the advertising" of the phone. The pure Google experience is the lure of Nexus devices, as we all know (or so I thought). My point was simply to say the wireless charging, while very cool, is not what this phone is all about; it's a gimmick.

P.S. There is hardly, if any, advertising for Nexus phone's (compared to big advertisers such as Samsung & Apple).

So I'll say again, in no way does the wireless charging orb's release date have to have any correlation to the release date of the Nexus 4. It could come out in 3 months for all we know, not a big deal buddy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital