I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

rwmaxw

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to turn off incoming calls when I play music for a professional purpose. I can turn off call sounds, but even though I have the vibrate off, the phone still vibrates with an incoming call. Is there a way to turn this off, or block incoming calls altogether? I do not want to use airplane mode because I am also using a bluetooth speaker for this purpose. Thanks. R.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to turn off incoming calls when I play music for a professional purpose. I can turn off call sounds, but even though I have the vibrate off, the phone still vibrates with an incoming call. Is there a way to turn this off, or block incoming calls altogether? I do not want to use airplane mode because I am also using a bluetooth speaker for this purpose. Thanks. R.
Go into settings/sound/volumes then turn off ringtone volume but leave music volume on.
uploadfromtaptalk1359949804562.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thought post #1157 referred to this. As long as you have notifications checked (it is by default) in the calendar settings on the device, it should show up. You can also assign it vibration and/or ringtone.

EDIT: nm...figured it out

Last edited:

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
so i have the jelly bean flinger easter egg as my daydream setting and have it running while its charging. was wondering is there a way to see when the phone is fully charged while its in that daydream mode with the bean flinger wallpaper going? or do i have to tap and enter the home screen to check?

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
so i have the jelly bean flinger easter egg as my daydream setting and have it running while its charging. was wondering is there a way to see when the phone is fully charged while its in that daydream mode with the bean flinger wallpaper going? or do i have to tap and enter the home screen to check?

You shouldn't have to go all the way to the home screen. Lockscreen should still show the status bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to go all the way to the home screen. Lockscreen should still show the status bar.

not sure what you mean. when its in daydream the entire screen is filled with the jelly bean animation thing going. the only way i know how to get out of that is to tap on the bottom which then takes me to my homescreen. i never see the lockscreen

and also i guess that would answer my question there isnt a way to know when the phone is fully charged while using that certain daydream theme. oh well

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
not sure what you mean. when its in daydream the entire screen is filled with the jelly bean animation thing going. the only way i know how to get out of that is to tap on the bottom which then takes me to my homescreen. i never see the lockscreen

and also i guess that would answer my question there isnt a way to know when the phone is fully charged while using that certain daydream theme. oh well

Odd that you don't have a lockscreen... But that's probably because you have it disabled... Is that correct?

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
no i have a lock screen. but thats when i'm not charging....i dont think i can get to the lock screen when my phone is charging and its using the daydream bean flinger wallpaper. when i click down on the bottom while its in daydream it takes me to my home screen. i never see the lockscreen.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
no i have a lock screen. but thats when i'm not charging....i dont think i can get to the lock screen when my phone is charging and its using the daydream bean flinger wallpaper. when i click down on the bottom while its in daydream it takes me to my home screen. i never see the lockscreen.
I don't get the lockscreen under that condition either. I think you discovered the only way to get directly past daydream feature--at least on stock.

joklun

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Sv: I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.

Have any of you an electric buzzing sound in the background when doing phonecalls? Most noticeable in quiet environments.

And have any of you problem with the WiFi speed? When first connected to my home network the speed is 35/11mbps but after some minutes the speed drops to 8/11mbps and stays there. A restart of the router usually get the speed up again but just for a few minutes, then it drops again. No matter which router settings or firmware I try the problem exists. At university the WiFi works as it should. Non of my other devices at home have the same problem and this includes my nexus 7 which also run stock 4.2.1.

Oliver Fajardo

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just came from an iPhone 5 with a grandfathered unlimited plan/4GLTE; I am now using a nexus 4. So the problem is that after inserting my sim card from my iPhone to the nexus 4 I cant use any internet. ( i already have the micro sim adapter and fits in well with the nexus) Do you know if the network settings have to be changed, and if so would you know how to? Or perhaps if you can reference me to any video or thread on this top that would be great because I'm struggling to find someone in my situation on online threads.

Elysion76

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
What seems to be the general concensus regarding the rattle on the nexus 4? I got it today but it doesn't hinder the phone's functions in any way. Apparently it's got to do with the camera but I can still focus as usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech