Why are YOU getting the new Nexus 4?

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I want it because i've never had a Nexus phone and i've never heard anything but good things about them. I'm also wanting it because of the speedy updates and 4.2 (jellybean) :) just wondering, why you guys buying it (or not)?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I want it because i've never had a Nexus phone and i've never heard anything but good things about them. I'm also wanting it because of the speedy updates and 4.2 (jellybean) :) just wondering, why you guys buying it (or not)?

I jump from phone to phone a lot looking for the next best thing, I think the Nexus line will help me stop that. The GN was an awesome phone and a year later I actually prefer to use it over my GS3 because of software.

But atm they are both up for sale to fund this beautiful piece of hardware and software.

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I jump from phone to phone a lot looking for the next best thing, I think the Nexus line will help me stop that. The GN was an awesome phone and a year later I actually prefer to use it over my GS3 because of software.

But atm they are both up for sale to fund this beautiful piece of hardware and software.
You sound just like me haha. I've had so many phones over the last 6 months lol. I'm thinking of using the Nexus til the s4 idk though. Who knows, I could end up liking it so much I could stick with it

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, ya I forgot all about that thread. Does look deleted from what I can tell.

I wonder if there is a gag order from Google atm.

That's what i'm thinking. There have been no official reviews of the device anywhere yet, just "small observations". Maybe this thread was considered giving away too much information before a certain date that he's allowed to?

Ciclop

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an iP 3GS and am looking for switch to an Android phone.
I'm looking for a high-end, good looking phone... Initially, I wanted to buy a HTC HOX+, but since the Nexus 4 is out, I'll be getting that.
It has nice screen, I like the design, 16GB is enough for me, high-end specs AND it's a Nexus.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Unless something changes drastically...

That would be my next phone come tax refund time next year (unless I walk into a money pot between now and the end of the year?)...reasons being...

1. It's unlocked--it would be a return to the land of SIMs in five years for me (I broke away from my family's AT&T family plan on to Virgin Mobile)
2. Price-- VM sells the 16 gig iPhone 4S for 649.99 and with Google selling the Nexus 4 with 10 times the better specs, unlocked for 349 is a total steal.
3. T-Mobile's $30/mo., 100 min, 5 gig 4G pre-throttle plan...no-brainer for me. And I am almost sure that I'd never stray close to that 5 gig b/f throttle even if I ramped up my Spotify streaming and video streaming. On VM, I've only gotten to 2 gigabytes twice in the year and 3 months I got my Optimus V
4. No more need for rooting to upgrade...I only rooted my OpV so I can get out of using 2.2 and even 2.3 via CM7.2 and get to JB via CM10. With a Nexus 4, I have nearly no need to root, except to get my Titanium Backup maybe?

While and LTE no-contract phone would appeal to me...the Nexus reaching HSPA+ 42 megs would be more than enough for me...

Ptrm

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I need a smartphone and this is the best one. I also like how it will work with prepaid tmobile plans, and the price is killer. I find myself needing a small device when on the go, which my nexus 7 dosn't provide.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I take it most of u guys will be buying it then using the $30 tmobile plan?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Either stay on my family value plan or pay to terminate and go to straight talk. I haven't decided which yet.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Because I work for Google and got one for free. But ill buy another one for my wife anyways, she broke the screen on her Gnex

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Because they come out with 1 Nexus every year, and it's the only phone worth purchasing if you love Android.

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm super pumped for this phone!!! I'm getting more and more excited each day for this phone. At the same time I'm hating my s3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Sam 95

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Because I have had enough of my HTC Sensation xe and I like the nexus 4. Also looking forward to having an unlocked phone but think I will just cut my existing sim to a micro one and use that until my contract runs out and then go sim only on my network of choice. :)

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked
Vanilla Android
Beautiful Display
Solid Build
Sophisticated Look
9 out 10 Bawzs Choose Nexus Phones

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Nexus phone every year they've been making them. My first was the Nexus One. I went from the N1 to a Iphone 4. I then went from a Iphone 4 to a Mytouch 4G and this is were I really started appreciating Nexus phones.

It was that guy Arron from phonedog that convinced me (brefore I knew any better) that touchwiz wasn't that bad and nice for the average comsumer. It was when he did a dogfight between the Nexus S and MT4G. While he had a point, this wasn't true for me. I noticed that the Mytouch didn't always sync correctly. Despite the reviews and some of the negative remarks on the forums (some of the same stuff that's being talked about the N4 now) I took a chance and decided to try a Nexus phone out again.

What I noticed was that the Nexus S synced faster, booted faster and ran all the Google services so much faster and better. Stock Android at that time wasn't as smooth and pretty as touchwiz but, it did everything I wanted to do so much better. I would say if your really into using Google services like I am, then a Nexus phone or tablet is better for you.

I don't think a Nexus phone is for everyone. I can tell that by all the comments on this forum. When Google came out with the Nexus One they seemed to want to make it the cutting edge of hardware, it was the best of the best at the time. Every Nexus phone after that seems to focus on running Google services better. That's why I don't have a probelm with the low storage and no sd card expansion. While those things would have been nice it's not a deal-breaker for me. LTE would have been nice but, that seems more complicated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084