Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: Why are YOU getting the new Nexus 4?

Because my country wont be getting Razr Maxx HD

To be honest, I wasn't going to get the next Nexus phone since I had a perfectly good Galaxy Nexus where the only disappointment I have with it is the camera.

I've also gotten severely bored with Android (the GNex is my 4th Android phone and I've had 3 tablets), so I was going to check out Windows Phone 8.

But, after I heard the price....yeah I'm all on board for a half price premium phone. Bring on the Nexus 4.

*edit*
    I should add, I'm INCREDIBLY impatient....so if there's an update, I want it now!
    Last edited by AussieAndroid; 11-07-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Contract with Verizon is up soon. I'm paying ~$110/month and have the GNEX. I just need to save $$ so I'm going the prepaid route, having the latest and best of Google and saving enough money monthly that it will pay for itself.
    Never had a problem with Verizon and I have the unlimited, but this is an opportunity to save enough money not to miss the network.

Why I am getting the new Nexus 4 is a little complcated and many will think some of the reasons make little sense and that is ok since they are my reasons.
    I have long wanted a good, for lack of a better name, PDA. Really I have wanted something I could keep track of things but small enough to carry around always. I wanted it to have the ability to hand write memos and ruff sketches of ideas like a small spiral note pad. I want constant access to a calculator, dictionary, thesarus, quick camera, a good screen, document reader and simple web search ability. I have been looking for this for close to 20 years and have never found one that even came close. I got a 7" HTC Flyer tablet and carried it around for a while now but for reading my ePub books it was a little for my aging eyes so I switch to my GNote10 but it is a little to big to carry every where all the time. I knew there were phones out there that had the ability to be what I wanted but they are too expensive.

Then along comes the Nexus 4 unlocked, not tied to any carrier, great specs, priced less than some PDA's, provides all the above, has wifi, bluetooth and is a phone also.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Just hope the battery isn't as bad as reviewed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

I'm considering getting a n4 and do the prepaid on straight talk.. according to the tmobile map, my town is still 2g, where every other town has the their latest tech. I am so hoping that straight talk is better in my town (waseca,mn). I am currently on Verizon and 4G just came to town and it will be the hardest feature to leave, granted I am stuck in contract until june 13. it will be nice to have a high end pure vanilla google phone instead of the no-update verizon policy. if anyone is stomping around southern Minnesota and has tried the other networks, let me know.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345