Why are YOU getting the new Nexus 4?

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh I mean, I don't like he launch WP8 devices and I'm holding off for the next wave. Chrome has never work well for me, youtube playing is really bad so I had to use Firefox just for videos. It contanstly gives me the "oops google couldn't open the device" and I'm getting a lot of pop up and freezing and slowing. I had so far restarted it from zero three times and it always had the same problems after it. Is the web browser I use but I can't say I enjoy it.

You may have some weird script error. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled, perhaps even redownload the package and try installing from a new batch of binary?

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what you just said, this kind of thing is my biggest Android fear hahaha. I'm not very technology Savvy. I did 3 clean installs so far and the problems continues. I have problems with all browsers so it might be my computer. I'm kind of pumped about Youtube, since Google owns it, I guess it should work pretty well on Android.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what you just said, this kind of thing is my biggest Android fear hahaha. I'm not very technology Savvy. I did 3 clean installs so far and the problems continues. I have problems with all browsers so it might be my computer. I'm kind of pumped about Youtube, since Google owns it, I guess it should work pretty well on Android.

YouTube is pretty amazing on Android. Way better than iOS and WP7, I can tell you that much.

Neofire

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm going Nexus 4, basically because I am tired of windows phone. Its been great run, I'v owned three WP devices (Focus, Focus Flash and now the Lumia 900). Ever since the GS3 dropped my attention has been turned towards Android in all forms of it. From the Nexus Line to Galaxy Line I wanted in on either. Briefly owning a nexus one a couple of years ago, I knew I wanted the crisp stock android experience. Granted I was waiting to see how hard WP8 was going to hit before deciding. but it hasnt hit. . . . . . . . not with me, I have out grown the OS for sure.

Now on to the Nexus, how could you complain about this device..??? No really who could? Price and feature wise its a beast. I know memory has been a big deal around here, but not with me. The device looks gorgeous. and from the reviews here it seems to have solid feel. Im a technical person who needs to get more out of my phone, much more. The lack of App support and file system management . . . . its pretty whack. Im not here to bash wp, so I will stop. lol

I will be with the rest of you guys on day one ordering the 16 gb Nexus 4, while simultaneously planning my departure with from ATT. That relationship has gone down the drain as well. Yup Straight Talk it is.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh, where to begin. First of all, this is a device that is top of the line in every way (except maybe storage) - quad core snapdragon S4 processor, gorilla glass 2, high res IPS display, just a gorgeous device with incredible specs. Join that with Project Butter. This is the closest thing you will get to having your phone read your mind in terms of response time. Li-pro battery with 2100 mAh and 800 cycles. HSPA+ 42 capacity (LTE? What's that?).

All of that is packed into $300 (or $350 for the 16GB model)! This is insane. The price point is freaking insane. The GS3 - which is a great phone - doesn't even offer these specs and it's $650 off contract. The iPhone 5 - beautifully designed, whatever we think of iOS - doesn't even come close, and that's $700-$800 off contract.

So, why am I getting it? Because not getting it would be dumb!

That's what I said. My gs3 is up on Craigslist right now!!

Nexus 4 for 350.00?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rainedfond

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
That's what I said. My gs3 is up on Craigslist right now!!

Nexus 4 for 350.00?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

That's definitely why I want the Nexus 4 so bad.
Quad core Krait 2 processor. 8 MP camera. Big battery capacity, and the most is the price.
Nexus will always get updates from Google. And it's very nice.

Makisupa79

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Main reason is pure android experience. Coming from the HTC EVO 4G LTE and the HTC EVO before that. Love HTC quality phones, but sick to death of sense and having to root and run a custom rom to get the pure or pure-ish (cyanogen) experience.

Secondary reasons are the right mix of price, design, and network options. I can be a data hog at times and need unlimited data. Sprint has been my only option. A few months ago Tmo started advertising unlimited plans and it got my attention. I have been really fed up with Sprint's 3G speeds and I did some research on Tmo's HSPA and figured it would be even faster than the WiMax I had on my original EVO. I just didn't see a phone worth paying Sprint's ETF to jump the ship and go to Tmo. The Nexus 4's design,specs and price made it worth it.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I used CM10 on my E4GLTE and loved it to death. I recently went back to Sense and hate it, but I'm too lazy to go back to CM10 (I'm getting this phone in 2 weeks and switching from Sense to AOSP has always been annoying). I cant wait to have another pure Google device (I have a Nexus 7 and love it. If it wasnt for it lackluster screen, it would easily be the best tablet ever) to use.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Love HTC devices. Tired of downgrading hboots & closed drivers that make me switch back and forth from sense-based roms to cm10 ones depending on if I want drivers working great or the latest google features.
Will try nexus4 tethered to the htc at first to see if I can become totally independent except for a data provider (would be nice if i can take voicemail/phonenumber/sms totally away from carriers too)

czechmix

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I assume that if I buy the unlocked Nexus 4 that theoretically I should be able to use it as an international phone with my Sprint SIM card for when I travel internationally, correct? I have been using a Motorola V300 (flip phone that I bought from Sprint years ago) and also an unlocked AT&T HTC FUZE (Windows Mobile) when I travel. Needless to say, these are a PAIN to use nowadays and have been looking to find a replacement international phone.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first Nexus device. I love the Nexus concept. LG makes some NICE phones. They really did a great job making the Nexus 4. I hate LG UI but pure android is EXACTLY what I want. I can live with TouchWiz, which I have on my Note, but this phone is just awesome. Great price, off contract, looks great, build quality is one of the best, super super fast, fastest/best updates, pure android experience. Plus that camera looks awesome!

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
My S2 has tons of Tmobile bloatware that can't be removed without rooting (which I refuse to do).
Nexus 4 has none, and I can remove almost anything I want.

My S2 has Touchwiz that feels cartoony and unnecessary, not to mention how it doesn't look as good as the ICS/JB GUI.
Nexus 4 has pure vanilla 4.2 Jelly Bean GUI without any annoying customization.

My S2 has a wimpy dual-core CPU with 1GB of RAM.
Nexus 4 has a beastly quad-core CPU with 2GB of RAM.

My S2 has unnecessary capacitive navigation buttons below the screen.
Nexus 4 takes advantage of the on-screen navigation implemented by ICS/JB- saving space in the process.

My S2 has a screen that runs at a sub-HD resolution.
Nexus 4 has a superior screen that runs at 1280x720 @ 320ppi.

My S2 has NFC, but without ICS/JB is unable to take advantage of newer features such as Beam.
Nexus 4 is a pure Android device that allows me to access Beam features and wireless Miracast video output.

My S2 is limited to a modified/inferior version of ICS with no hope in sight for receiving Jelly Bean, much less in a timely fashion.
Nexus 4 comes preloaded with Jelly Bean 4.2 and will be first in line for future Android updates directly from Google for a long time to come.

My S2 charges via Micro USB only, and is finicky with what adapters and USB ports it will take a charge from.
Nexus 4 charges quickly via Micro USB or wireless Qi-type charging via a convenient charging pad.

The list goes on... :cool:

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I want it for a few reasons. I bought my first nexus device this year (N7) and am hooked on the Nexus line.

I am really excited to try out wireless charging. I'll be able to finally make my Nexus 7 have phone sex through NFC :)
And I can't wait for android 4.2 and what else may come in the future.

I have never bought an all new top-spec phone before so I'm very excited. With the Nexus 4 I will not only have a phone that is on par (if not better) then other phones out there now, but is cheaper than all the other phones and will help me ditch my contract and cut my phone bill more than half each month.

I like nearly everything about the phone. The only thing I don't care for is the storage but the pros (for me at least) greatly outweigh the cons.

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I want it for a few reasons. I bought my first nexus device this year (N7) and am hooked on the Nexus line.

I am really excited to try out wireless charging. I'll be able to finally make my Nexus 7 have phone sex through NFC :)
And I can't wait for android 4.2 and what else may come in the future.

I have never bought an all new top-spec phone before so I'm very excited. With the Nexus 4 I will not only have a phone that is on par (if not better) then other phones out there now, but is cheaper than all the other phones and will help me ditch my contract and cut my phone bill more than half each month.

I like nearly everything about the phone. The only thing I don't care for is the storage but the pros (for me at least) greatly outweigh the cons.

At first thought I was thinking 16gb? Are u serious? But that's ample for a PHONE

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
At first thought I was thinking 16gb? Are u serious? But that's ample for a PHONE

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

It is.. For some people, but as for future proofing, more storage is always better especially since you can't add any.

Plus honestly this may sound stupid but, I really like having my 32gb micro sd card. It makes me feel like a secret agent or a spy to have such a tiny storage card that can hold so much data.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
- Love stock Jellybean on my N7; want same for my daily-driver phone
- Love the idea of an unlocked worldphone for a killer price
- Tired of bloated HTC Sense
- Tired of having to root in order to remove carrier crapware, remove carrier lockdown of tethering, and allow for use of Roam Control
- Tired of waiting for Sprint network upgrades (800 MHz band is what I've been waiting for, for better coverage and building penetration)
- Tired of being locked into a contract
- Tired of having to get creative or sell phones in order to defray costs of ridiculously-priced unsubsidized phones
- Want to support Google's effort to tell the carriers to go eff themselves!

p3unit32

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a N4 because it has stock Android, and their are no barriers when it comes to those awesome updates. Plus it will be my first stock experience, excited!!