Why are YOU getting the new Nexus 4?

ballua

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
These are my reasons:
1. Stock Android. This is my must have. Android sucks without stock. And the world sucks without Android.
2. Display. This is my second must have. The S3 is far behind in this regard.
3. Sleek design, perfect form factor.

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Because it's a Nexus. From Nexus one to Nexus S to Galaxy Nexus and now to this. Can't say the same for the Nexus 10 though because I feel it's too big. I'm comfortable with my Nexus 7
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
It's a Nexus.
I need a new phone, as mine will no longer be updated. (See my signature)
I want to see what pure android looks and feels like.
Sprint isnt very good in my area.

Motorola Photon 4G

Faux Carnival

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Pure Android greatness! Plus for the first time a Nexus device has great hardware too. In my country, there is no LTE. So this device is perfect! Excellent processor, excellent screen, excellent build quality, good camera, and phenomenal price.

EDIT: Coming from an iPhone 4S.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to say how perfect I think this phone is. Its a bit hard for me to find any faults for my personal uses. Granted I haven't had a hands on yet so maybe I am way off in my thinking.

But I loved my GN, this sucker just added something I've been wanting for the longest time, wireless charging. As well as making the camera better and just overall upgrades in the internals. I can't think of any single thing negative to say about this device just yet. The only possible somewhat disappointment is no white version for me to buy, but its not overall a big deal to me.

This is about to as perfect as a phone as I can even imagine for my personal needs. Hope it does not disappoint.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I want it because i've never had a Nexus phone and i've never heard anything but good things about them. I'm also wanting it because of the speedy updates and 4.2 (jellybean) :) just wondering, why you guys buying it (or not)?

I also never had a Nexus before. I have the GS3 and love it but i would like to try the pure Android experience and the fast updates. And it is cheap. Those are my reasons :)

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I also never had a Nexus before. I have the GS3 and love it but i would like to try the pure Android experience and the fast updates. And it is cheap. Those are my reasons :)

Ditto coming from a Droid Bionic. I'm tired of paying $150/month for family plan VZW 2-yr contracts (even with corp discount). Sure I have VZW unlimited plan, but my wife and I never once used over 3GB/month. Usually avg 2-2.3GB/month. Heck I rarely use Wifi while at home and that alone could probably save 1-1.5GB/month easy. LOL...
I want a phone that GETS UPDATES, not 3, not 6, not 12 months down the road. Immediately from Google. I don't want to flash VZW ICS/JB/etc leak just to get it ahead of the carrier OTA. And then flash back to get on the OTA path. Uggg... what a pain in the as$ it's been.

Never have had a Nexus phone and with the unlocked $350 price, and ST/TMO prepaid plans, it's no brainer for me. Worse that happens is in the next 30-60 days if ST or TMO $30 prepaid don't work out/slow speeds, I just stick with my Bionic for a couple more months until my VZW 2yr is up and look for some other phone on their network. But finally being off contract and relatively low un-subsidized phone price are the #1 reasons for me.

JAYE820

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this is probably a dumb question to most but I want a nex 4. I c everyone talking about T-Mobile $30 plan. I don't see it advertised on thier site. I live n pa is it available.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Come Feb, when I get my income tax, I'm getting this and the AT&T HTC One X+. I want the Nexus 4 because I've never had a Nexus and it is the best value for the money on the market. I wish I had it right now since I gotta send my Vivid to HTC to get my WiFi chip fixed, since AT&Ts warranty department wanted to blame everything else instead of acknowledging the problem was with the phone that is still under the manufacturer warranty. So, in the meantime, I gotta use my Inspire till I get my Vivid back in a week and a half. Wish I had the Nexus 4 right now, lol

Sent from my Inspire 4G

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Cheap
Fast updates
2gb ram
Faster cpu
Faster gpu
Bigger battery

These are the reasons I'm interested in the N4 over my 7 month old HTC ONE X :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I want it for a few reasons. I bought my first nexus device this year (N7) and am hooked on the Nexus line.

I am really excited to try out wireless charging. I'll be able to finally make my Nexus 7 have phone sex through NFC :)
And I can't wait for android 4.2 and what else may come in the future.

I have never bought an all new top-spec phone before so I'm very excited. With the Nexus 4 I will not only have a phone that is on par (if not better) then other phones out there now, but is cheaper than all the other phones and will help me ditch my contract and cut my phone bill more than half each month.

I like nearly everything about the phone. The only thing I don't care for is the storage but the pros (for me at least) greatly outweigh the cons.

^^^^THIS^^^^

The S3 was the first high end phone that I bought. As much as I like it, I didn't like paying full price for it to keep my unlimited data. I also have started looking at ways to save money on my phone bill. For the first time, I am seriously considering Pre-paid. Also, I want to try out the Pure Google Experience for the first time. And, I think it's awesome to be able to get a high-spec'd phone for only $300. So, this will be my first time with a carrier other than Verizon, my first time trying out the cloud (going with the 8GB version), and my first Nexus phone. I... AM... STOKED!!!!!!

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Heck yeah I'm getting one. Will have my finger on the buy button 12am on the 13th... that's the plan anyways. Been away from the nexus line since the nexus one and I'm tired of waiting for HTC to provide video drivers and radios for their devices in a timely manner for new android os versions. In the end I have to hope a CM dev to hack something or other since even a year old phone gets left behind. I want the largest available ROM mods to fool around with and try dev'ing on. Although I will probably always go back to stock... good luck to all who are also getting a n4! You all will be like my nexus family!

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I've given up on carrier skinned android devices. I want the latest OS Google has to offer without carrier interference. From here on I will only own nexus devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

willinthe985

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I want it because my imported razr was stolen and I miss the large screen and data speeds. While my captivate is running CM10 like a champ, it was my first ever smart phone and it's just time for both of us to move on. :p