What type of SIM card the Nexus 4 will use?

jesman71

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I have at&t now,when the Nexus 4 comes out,is it a matter of taking out my sim from my galaxy s 2 and popping it in the Nexus 4?
what is the process?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: question about type of sim card the nexus 4 will use

I have at&t now,when the Nexus 4 comes out,is it a matter of taking out my sim from my galaxy s 2 and popping it in the Nexus 4?
what is the process?

Cut your SIM or take it to AT&T so they can cut or give you a micro SIM, then put it in the phone and change the APN settings to activate MMS.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 4 uses micro sim. your current phone might be using normal sim.

use sim cutter to cut the sime to Micro sim. or take it to ATT store

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm on At&t also. I called them and had them ship me a micro-sim for free. The Att rep told when I got the phone just put the sim in and call them to get it activated. My hope is the N4 is actaully takes a micro-sim like I've read. That's one thing I wish they would provide more info on.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm on At&t also. I called them and had them ship me a micro-sim for free. The Att rep told when I got the phone just put the sim in and call them to get it activated. My hope is the N4 is actaully takes a micro-sim like I've read. That's one thing I wish they would provide more info on.

I am going to ask ATT to send me a micro sim just in case my experiment with the sim goes bad. lol

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

You can by a Sim cutter - they usually come w a sim tray so that if u need to use ur old phone u can use it as sim. look on ebay for sim cutter. also if u like ATT - move to straigttalk - u save a ton of money and use att network.. or u can use tmobile network w straighttalk and have faster network.

jesman71

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

I called at&t ,they said the micro Sim couldn't be given to me until I have the nexus 4 in my hands. once I have it,I go to an official at&t store not a mall kiosk type of store and they will give me the Sim,and I'll be out the door in 5 mins with a working nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Cut your SIM or take it to AT&T so they can cut or give you a micro SIM, then put it in the phone and change the APN settings to activate MMS.
what does " change the APN settings to activate MMS" mean?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

aheveja6.jpg
what does " change the APN settings to activate MMS" mean?

They will tell you the settings you need but it's in the settings.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351822425056.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351822425056.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 81
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351822437933.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351822437933.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 81
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351822454221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351822454221.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 81

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

There is a few apps on the app market which you can download, select your provider and it does it for you besides filling it in 1 by 1.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I called at&t ,they said the micro Sim couldn't be given to me until I have the nexus 4 in my hands. once I have it,I go to an official at&t store not a mall kiosk type of store and they will give me the Sim,and I'll be out the door in 5 mins with a working nexus 4

They went ahead and sent me mine. I guess it was because I called them disappointed with something else and they wanted to make up for it. I pre ordered a Note 2 and tried to cancel, was told it was canceled, yet my credit card is charged and it's pending shipment.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope I can take my iP5 sim out and put it in the N4 and be good. I all ready have the adapter.

Should work just fine. I took the nano out of my 5 and with an adapter, put it into my Rezound and it worked just fine!

Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So what I'm hearing is if I want to switch from my GS2 skyrocket to a Nexus 4 it's gonna be a pain in the ass and not guaranteed that AT&T will let me get a micro SIM when I have a larger SIM now. Ugh maybe it's not worth getting the Nexus. How have people done it with the past 3 Nexus phones? There has to be an easier way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax