What type of SIM card the Nexus 4 will use?

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Well then why doesn't Google tell it's prospective buyers of this significant change? Everyone is going to change their sim cards to micro one way or another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
So what I'm hearing is if I want to switch from my GS2 skyrocket to a Nexus 4 it's gonna be a pain in the ass and not guaranteed that AT&T will let me get a micro SIM when I have a larger SIM now. Ugh maybe it's not worth getting the Nexus. How have people done it with the past 3 Nexus phones? There has to be an easier way.

AT+T has no reason not to give you a new sim card, presuming you're not using a subsidized phone.
And worse case, cutting sim cards is easy, as long as you have the right pattern you can do it yourself with a utility knife.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Well then why doesn't Google tell it's prospective buyers of this significant change? Everyone is going to change their sim cards to micro one way or another.

It's not a significant change, it's pretty minor. And it's common in the industry, Apple basically invented a new size of sim card for the iPhone 5, at least Google is using a standard size.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not a big deal. Print out a template and just cut or get another sim. I just ordered one from TMobile for 99 cents. Only did that because I sm switching plans from simplemobile to Tmobile. $30 per month.. 5gigs data, unlimited text but only 100 minutes talk. I usually text or use Skype so it works.. At any rate the micro sim should not be a game changer...

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Micro SIM from a corporate store. No charge. I have spoken to the sales rep multiple times over the years and he recommended that I call to activate the new SIM rather than do it on my.tmobile.com. Apparently there can be wait time if it is done over my.tmobile.com.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Micro SIM from a corporate store. No charge. I have spoken to the sales rep multiple times over the years and he recommended that I call to activate the new SIM rather than do it on my.tmobile.com. Apparently there can be wait time if it is done over my.tmobile.com.

Really? That's weird.. Would think over the phone would take longer than activating online? There's another thread where someone went all the way through the activation process on TMobile until the funding part, so I tried it too with my new SIM/Activation package. But of course never "confirmed" everything, so maybe that's where the latency might be online?? Hmmm... Interesting

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I am already on T-Mobile Postpaid. All I am doing is switching from a Mini SIM to a Micro SIM. I am sure if you were starting a new pre-paid line then doing it online would be faster.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Didn't read this whole thread, but Apple stores give out free micro sims, I grabbed one two days ago. Hope this helps.

(just say you bought an unlocked iPhone 4 and need a (insert carrier) micro sim)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Didn't read this whole thread, but Apple stores give out free micro sims, I grabbed one two days ago. Hope this helps.

(just say you bought an unlocked iPhone 4 and need a (insert carrier) micro sim)

This is a good option for those can't wait for shipping from T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 7

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I cut my 4g sim down to nano when I got my iPhone 5. It was a perfect fit. Maybe it helped that I had a nano there as a template. Or you can get sim cutter from eBay and trim as needed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox