Why aren't there any reviews yet?

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You would think the internet would be loaded with them since reviewers have had the phone for 3-4 days now.

All I know is whoever posts a review first will have a TON of site hits.

Post here if you guys find reviews!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You would think the internet would be loaded with them since reviewers have had the phone for 3-4 days now.

All I know is whoever posts a review first will have a TON of site hits.

Post here if you guys find reviews!

I think Google has a gag order on the reviews until it gets closer to release. Hopefully will be lifted soon.

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not gonna buy before seeing the reviews, so Google had better let the reviews out before launch.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone was revealed three days ago and Phil said he had one two days ago. Do you want fast and slapdash reviews or comprehensive and complete reviews, testing the camera and battery life? What seems great at first can reveal itself to be a problem over time. (Just think of any of your ex-significant others.) Better to get it right than first.

Add on the fact that Google probably has an embargo on reviews until closer to release - I'm guessing we'll see an avalanche next Monday or Tuesday - then we're just going to have to have some patience. Yes, it sucks, but Christmas eventually arrives.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not gonna buy before seeing the reviews.

Google has a line of ppl who will buy before seeing reviews........But I think they will come before the phone launches. I'm guessing early next week.

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah that's true too. I just hope the reviews are out before the 13th. It should help me make a final decision.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah that's true too. I just hope the reviews are out before the 13th. It should help me make a final decision.

What in the world would these reviewers be able to tell you about this device that would stop you from buying it?

I'm excited for reviews.....But my my mind is already made up.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
When sites get review units, they're usually tied to a schedule that they're not allowed to release a full review before a certain date. This isn't something special Google does or any other manufacturer, it's pretty standard affair for phones, tablets, computers, etc..

Not to mention that I think we'd prefer to see reviews that are in-depth because reviewers had time to truly get to know the pros and cons of a device.

And the phone doesn't go on sale until Nov 13th, so I think there's still time to make your decision :p .

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
To my knowledge its just due to the only people who have had the device long enough to post an in depth review are us Google employees. I've had mine for about a month.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The phone was revealed three days ago and Phil said he had one two days ago. Do you want fast and slapdash reviews or comprehensive and complete reviews, testing the camera and battery life? What seems great at first can reveal itself to be a problem over time. (Just think of any of your ex-significant others.) Better to get it right than first.

Add on the fact that Google probably has an embargo on reviews until closer to release - I'm guessing we'll see an avalanche next Monday or Tuesday - then we're just going to have to have some patience. Yes, it sucks, but Christmas eventually arrives.

I agree. I am anxious too, but let them do this right. I think that any honorable review of this product is going to have include it's implications to our wireless future. Google has really stepped in here with a move that can really empower the informed consumer. This is an affordable top shelf device that (speaking for myself here) puts me in a position of control over my wireless expenditures. It's been so long since I could say that, and the fact I can is almost as exciting to me as the Nexus 4 itself is. This is a really understated evolution for Android, and if you understood the vision of the Nexus One; you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Give it time, let the reviews bake, theres much to discuss.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

masterpfa

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a review, but I am prepared to wait for an official device being reviewd and not the pre-production models that seem to be around currently